Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I've got my scarification this evening so I'm interested in how it will turn out. We had to change the design slightly yesterday, but we discussed alternate ways to get the effect I wanted later down the line, possibly with white ink. Come to think of it, a scarification piece with more intricate detail in white ink sounds pretty darn cool.

Anyway, plan is to go in to the studio after closing so we have a bigger station to work at and as much time as we need to chill through the piece. Apparently a few of the other artists will be hanging about as well, so could well just be a fun night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

All ready for the match. :D I also looooooooove my new lipstick. :D

a1u2au.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Have funnnn!

Marty, where in Blanch is the party? You could just hop the bus back into town...

January wrote: »
    Have funnnn!

Marty, where in Blanch is the party? You could just hop the bus back into town...

Marty won't get a bus... He hates buses and refuses to get them. :pac:

I'm not even joking here.

Ahhhhhhhhh, forget I said anything then! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have funnnn!

Cheers for the idea but as Eso said I don't buses my days in Bolton St of going in and out on buses everyday made me despise buses with a passion :o, the partys in Whitestown I think nearly sure it is he's having it in his house, plus I'm not sure yet whether my mates are going local or town so it's all up in the air. But most importantly there shall be plenty of Guinness followed by vodka with a few shots thrown into the mix getting thrown down my neck tonight :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I have 2 cocktails. 2. Just 2. This makes me so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

i'm gonna test a couple of bottles of my homebrew beer.technically its not ready till wednesday but i'm so impatient.it takes at least a month for them to be ready.then i'm gonna try and convince herself to watch the matrix trilogy.its been literally weeks since i last saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Went to an exercise class tonight, holy **** was it hard. Had to sit out one round of circuits because I was about to puke. Everyone else there was so fit so felt a bit embarrassed. Still made it through and it and felt fantastic after so I think I will go back. There's two trainers and the one we had today was lovely, the other is meant to be like a drill sergeant so a bit scared about getting him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Found this in the "Paper of Record"...

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/we-don-t-need-no-high-cost-high-brow-heavy-metal-education-1.1394624

I can imagine a fair few disagreeing with it here. Píssed me off something fierce.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, we were talking about it in the rock and metal forum. Frankly, the guy's an idiot, and created an "edgy" story to try and draw numbers, and disguise what's an apparent lack of skill in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Marty won't get a bus... He hates buses and refuses to get them. :pac:

I'm not even joking here.

I'm the same. I think 1988 was the last time I was on a bus, maybe 1990 but no later. Hate public transport with a vengeance. Can't beat using your own bike/car!! :D

Wrecked today, never got to bed last night with the little lad. He had just settled at 1.15am when we decided to call it a night, and he woke screaming. It took until after 4am to get him to settle so decided to go online for a while just to make sure. After what seemed like ten minutes (but was actually 90!) the little one woke. By the time I got her settled and ready to put my head down, it was 7.30. No point going to bed then as I had to have a shower, get paperwork done and be on the road for 11.30.

Got home at 4pm, head started to drop so went for a nap. Up at 6pm to get dinner sorted and here we are.... :( Hope tonight is a bit better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks for the happy birthdays :)

Ill be in club hell tonight so if anyone's around feel free to pop in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm probably just gonna spend my night playing Dawn of War or something. There's really not a lot to do in Longford.

Went to an exercise class tonight, holy **** was it hard. Had to sit out one round of circuits because I was about to puke. Everyone else there was so fit so felt a bit embarrassed. Still made it through and it and felt fantastic after so I think I will go back. There's two trainers and the one we had today was lovely, the other is meant to be like a drill sergeant so a bit scared about getting him...

If you feel like you're about to puke, it means you're working your muscles to their limit, according to my trainers. Don't worry, my first few classes, I ran out a few times each class to vomit. :o Didn't have to sit out of anything though, because once my stomach was empty, I was good to go. Also drink less water if you're feeling sick, just take tiny sips. That was a big issue I had, I'd drink a litre per class and get sick in each class. Now I just drink about 250mls, and have about a litre when I'm finished the class.

Drill sergeant trainers are really good, honestly! You feel so intimidated that you end up working really hard so that they won't shout at you, which makes you get fitter faster. :D

tumblr_mn0qctGAO21r83t6wo1_500.jpg

It took five hours. I'm exhausted tonight but I'll make a thread where I'll go into more detail tomorrow evening. All I'll say is thank fcuk for numbing spray, or I wouldn't have been able to bear the pain. There's actually a little more to come, as you'll notice there are two blank segments where the design requires biopsy punches. Performed by Patric Aultice!

That looks quite bitchin' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

^^ very cool

A bunch of kids just hopped someone just outside my house. I'm literally freaked out because I walked past the same bunch a little over an hour ago on my way back from town :eek:

So apparently in my drunken naivety I ended up in a crack den last night were a few junkies tried to rob me, sometimes when I drink I need to take my brain out with me to :o.

Looks class Rho :).

• Advertisement

So
    apparently in my drunken naivety I ended up in a crack den last night
    were a few junkies tried to rob me, sometimes when I drink I need to
    take my brain out with me to :o.

You gave one of them a decent punch in the face and got away when they were chasing you though. :pac: Then bloody woke me up at 5 ringing me, and I have to go to work half asleep now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can't do this drinking lark again
    Was grand till I traded me bulmers for vodka and boost
    I remember coming home and lying on couch and then sleeping on the floor so I wouldn't get sick and somehow woke up in my bed with herself waking me to bring her to work
    Not a hope
    Fooookkkin head is splitting!!!!!

That looks cool Rho!

Marty, I hope you're ok! Freaking hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So apparently in my drunken naivety I ended up in a crack den last night were a few junkies tried to rob me, sometimes when I drink I need to take my brain out with me to :o.

As you do :P

That looks cool Rho!

Marty, I hope you're ok! Freaking hell.

Cheers im all good :)
    P_1 wrote: »
    As you do :P

You'd be suprised ;) I have a tendency to get myself into weird situations when drunk.

I'm really busy in work, wtf. Do people not have anything better than shopping to do on a Sunday afternoon when it's bloody gorgeous out?? ah well, only two hours left :)

It's not too bad here either. Just had a vintage tractor run go past the house, how very rural :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    It's not too bad here either. Just had a vintage tractor run go past the house, how very rural :pac:

Yeah, there are some great vintage runs for cars and tractors that go past my parent's place in Laois! We'd get often get cars driving to or from rally stages too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Wow, haven't we been busy bees chatting the last week :)

Rho, congrats on the scarification piece, looks absolutely brilliant!! Didn't think the lines would be so thick on it. How long will that take to heal now? And what are you doing with the white ink on it? Scarification fascinates me, would love to do it but would need to build up the nerve a bit :)

Marty, that's some adventure you had ending up in a junkie den :eek: would love to see the series of events that led up to that :pac:

Hellrazer, congrats on the new job. What's that tv series about you mentioned and what channel is it on?

Girlie weekend planned for Limerick coming up :D, cannot wait :D Never really been to Limerick so should be fun :)

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Wow, haven't we been busy bees chatting the last week :)

Rho, congrats on the scarification piece, looks absolutely brilliant!! Didn't think the lines would be so thick on it. How long will that take to heal now? And what are you doing with the white ink on it? Scarification fascinates me, would love to do it but would need to build up the nerve a bit :)

I didn't think so either, and the design had to be modified a bit to suit it. I'm actually not finished it yet, as there are a few more lines to add, some dots (dermal punches) and I want to sharpen up the points a bit more.

I'll do a proper Q&A tonight or tomorrow night, just waiting for high-quality pictures to get back to me, then I'm going to create a thread and go into detail on everything I can think of! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement