Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I had a few before while I was in college but had to give up when I moved abroad, so looking forward to finally getting started again properly! :) hoping to get my license asap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As everyone here knows I love driving and cars :o, you certainly won't regret it.

Made it to the gym once I got up off my arse hoping now it has tired me out enough to sleep up at 6a.m.

Seen this today thought it was gas and it for charity to, but certainly not in any way safe for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a few before while I was in college but had to give up when I moved abroad, so looking forward to finally getting started again properly! :) hoping to get my license asap

I had lessons nearly 6 years ago and on my first time out without my instructor (I had my partner with me) a taxi driver overtook me and nearly took me out because he wasn't watching the on coming traffic... I didn't drive again until the start of summer here and I'm flying along :) It's fantastic, love the freedom it gives me.

I was getting good at it last time so hoping its the same this time! that sounds horrible, my nerves would be gone haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I was getting good at it last time so hoping its the same this time! that sounds horrible, my nerves would be gone haha!

Oh they were, hence the reason why I didn't drive for nearly 6 years after! It was only after I had kids that I realised that having to be chaffuered everywhere by either my partner or my parents was a bit taxing on them as well as myself that I bit the bullet!

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Oh they were, hence the reason why I didn't drive for nearly 6 years after! It was only after I had kids that I realised that having to be chaffuered everywhere by either my partner or my parents was a bit taxing on them as well as myself that I bit the bullet!

Yeah my partner and parents usually ferry me around, which isnt fair, its why I want to get it sorted! plus public transport sucks where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I feel mentally and physically drained after my tattoo today. My arm is like a balloon at the minute!

Knackered too, but doubt I'll get to sleep anytime soon. Ah well, no complaining! It's my own fault! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Neeeeed..... newwww..... tattooooooo......

(But no feckin money for it :( )

Been researching one all night and I finally found a nice design, a good placement for it and a good artist to do it! All I lack now are the funds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's the problem with working on commission .
    At the start it costs more money to just get in work than you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Off to Bundoran tomorrow for two a few surfing (I say surfing, I mean falling off of a board repeatedly) and most likely some drinking as well. Nice to get a change of scenery before starting back to college next week. Especially after my trip to Lanzarote got cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Haven't been to Bundoran in years, but the last time I was there, I had a blast. Was hammered for a week solid! :cool:

Like Marty, I love driving too. Anything with wheels, it's fun! Teleporters, forklifts, trucks, cars, motorbikes...driven them all and love it. Best of luck Sarannewrap.

On another note, only 6 more sleeps to my next tatt....can't feckin' wait!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I love driving too! Don't do enough of it these days though - just on the M50 about twice a week :o I'll have a bit of driving to do over the next few weeks though - down to Carlow and a few days in Belfast. Cannae feckin' wait to get out on the road for a daycent spin.

Just walked home from te square with my little one. It's a good 20 minute walk and she's shattered ad on te way there was two garda cars in the estate and a small ambulance and just before we got passed them out walks two lads wheeling out a dead body from the house.
    I was like wtf. Me daughter says that who's that?
    I said ' that's the men bringing the woman to her new home.
    Was terrible thing to see. I'm not great with being around the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Missed Dublin Comic Con due to the family vacation clashing with the dates. Boo-urns.
    On the plus side, there's always Eirtakon in November. I'm thinking of cosplaying as Moira from Fallout 3. Bring a few bottles of blue Gaterade/Nuka Cola, be grand.
    Just need to find a grey pair of mechanic's overalls and I can get started on making the costume.
    It's tricky finding reference pictures, though... this is the only one I could find:
    Moria_Brown.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As long as it's not Moira as a ghoul :pac: I hated her Wasteland survival guide, though the stick that made mole rat heads explode was kinda funny.

Grey overalls I do not have. I've navy that's about it

Angron wrote: »
    As long as it's not Moira as a ghoul :pac: I hated her Wasteland survival guide, though the stick that made mole rat heads explode was kinda funny.
    It would require a little more effort on my part but Ghoul!Moira is a possibility. :D I haven't played Fallout 3 in a year but I agree- exploding Molerats = Hilerity. I felt a bit bad the first time I blew up Megaton but I needed the caps... >_>
    Anyhoo, I got a copy of SkinShots magazine today and there's a GORGEOUS picture of a hyper-realistic skull in it. Methinks I might get a skull of some description on my foot at a later stage as I just adore them.
    This isn't the tat in the magazine but it's close to it:
    Gogue_Skull_Tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Annoyed with the new kick ass film. They bitched away from all the impact scenes bar 1, they just messed the stories up so bad from the comic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Saw a few people giving out about some of the blatant product placement in it. Haven't seen it myself though.

Angron wrote: »
    Saw a few people giving out about some of the blatant product placement in it. Haven't seen it myself though.

not even that. If you have read the comic you know there are big scenes that have to happen but they either back away from em or cant cos of the last movie.

1 small example, in the comics an epic final show down happens in times square, in the movie it's in the bad guys lair

• Advertisement

Kickass 2= So violent it wiped the smile off Jim Carrey's face, apparently.
    Meh... I might catch it online but for now, the only movie I want to see is The World's End. I adore Simon Pegg.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Kickass 2= So violent it wiped the smile off Jim Carrey's face, apparently.
    Meh... I might catch it online but for now, the only movie I want to see is The World's End. I adore Simon Pegg.

in the comic
    carreys char death
    is super impactful...in the movie its nothin

Watching that film The Reef
    This is why I don't swim in the ocean.
    Poxy sharks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Arm is still in bits today. Hurts to rest it on anything, hold it in the air, hang down by my side. Basically it just hurts :p It's also about twice the size of my other arm right now!

Can't bloody wait for this one to be healed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Arawn wrote: »
    in the comic
    carreys char death
    is super impactful...in the movie its nothin

Spoilers man spoilers :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Someone cheer me up please.

So much shít going on right now. I wanna curl up in a ball and forget about everything. Or find some Valium. Valium would be good. :pac:

Spoilers man spoilers :(.

Not really a spoiler since carrey complained bout it.....plus its in the comic. This is the red wedding all over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Not really a spoiler since carrey complained bout it.....plus its in the comic. This is the red wedding all over

Not everyone reads the comics or celebrity news, in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I didn't know about this either, it is a spoiler! :(

Added in spoiler tags into your and Marty's post.

• Advertisement

Then be happy that ye won't know how much they ignored the great stuff from the comic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement