Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Sweet **** I love Lamb of God live. Wall of death was mental, resulted in about 15 guys ending up on the floor. Like the hairiest, sweatiest game of twister ever........not a pretty sight

20130811_220709_LLS_zpsce6f4a38.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just finished a four hour game of monopoly. It was intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Woke up early cos I managed to fall asleep awkwardly and my back feels weird.
    In other news, I stood up out of bed with no problems! I can stand up a bit more upright now too. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Been a big child today.
    Sittin watchin telly with the little one.
    Liar liar is on. Ice cream van came round so got two boats for myself and daughter.
    Also got a huge jawbreaker on a stick. Used to love them as a kid.
    Got 4 cans of orange tango
    Memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Anyone fancy putting me and my mate up 2 nights in Dubbyland at the beginning of Dec? We want to go to the A7x concert but neither of us can barely afford the cost of travel and the tickets never mind having to pay for accomodation as well! :P Anyone feel like offering up a couch/floor? *puppy dog eyes are thrown* :D

• Advertisement

Gonna go myself. On me own though depressing. None of my mates listen to that kind of music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anyone fancy putting me and my mate up 2 nights in Dubbyland at the beginning of Dec? We want to go to the A7x concert but neither of us can barely afford the cost of travel and the tickets never mind having to pay for accomodation as well! :P Anyone feel like offering up a couch/floor? *puppy dog eyes are thrown* :D

You can get a bed in a hostel for €10. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Gonna go myself. On me own though depressing. None of my mates listen to that kind of music

What's depressing about going on your sweeney? Being able to enjoy a gig without being tethered to a group is much better imo.

It's good to be home and off my feet. New breaking bad is on Netflix but I'm waiting. Busy at the moment and I'm going to get a bit of chinese and some beers later.

Also going to Seattle for a month with work. That should be interesting :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »

Seattle is lovely! Was there in Sept a few years ago to see Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, t'was a feckin' deadly trip! It's not exactly New York, but the people are really friendly. Aside from all the crackheads on 2nd Ave. Head over to West Seattle, tis a lovely neighbourhood, and have a cuppa tay in Easy Street Records :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I never really go to shows with anyone, mainly cause most of my friends don't listen to what I do.

T&P beers at A7x concert??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

jenizzle wrote: »
    and have a cuppa tay in Easy Street Records :D

Tea in Seattle?! It's a coffee town! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orim wrote: »

Niiiceee any jobs going ha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

T&P beers at A7x concert??? :D

That's me out so, I'm too old :P
    Adiboo wrote: »
    Tea in Seattle?! It's a coffee town! :p

Exactly! :D

I think the Crocodile there is owned by some of Alice in Chains - ye'd probably get some good gigs on in there and the Showbox, and the Moore Theatre where this was filmed:

...and this...

AAAND...

It has a (very unexciting...) MONORAAAIL...

OK, I'm done... for now!

Least I'll have some places to check out. Going to make a list for this trip because I always end up doing feck all when I go away.

The damn chinese aren't answering the phone. I want my aromatic duck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jenizzle wrote: »
    That's me out so, I'm too old :P

It's funny cause most of the crowd at the concert would have the opposite issue :pac:

Just bought myself more stuff for the car and a new t-shirt of the tattoo art project site, I really should not be let anywhere near the internet with my bank card in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I really should not be let anywhere near the internet with my bank card in tow.

You can buy me stuff if you want :o

Woke up with such a fright just now with a horrible dream. :( can't get back to sleep now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Cutting down on pain meds today, hopefully this is the start of painkiller free days!!
    I'm still not able to roll over properly (I usually lie on my side when I sleep) but I keep doing it and then I feel a pull on my stitches. Not good!
    Gonna go down and work on my jigsaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dentist tomorrow morning for the first part of my root canal. And I can't wait!
    Oh, to be able to sleep through the night without being wakened for an hour or more with pain!

Dentist tomorrow morning for the first part of my root canal. And I can't wait!
    Oh, to be able to sleep through the night without being wakened for an hour or more with pain!

Have you tried clove oil as someone said earlier great stuff for numbing it? Salt water help but doesn't last long, I was in the same boat about a year ago had to get a wisdom tooth pulled in Malta at my sisters wedding then got an ache in another tooth about a week after I got home which made me decide enough was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've tried clove oil in the past, but it makes me feel so sick that I'd rather endure the pain! :pac:

I'm a weird excuse for a human being.

Have to say I'm liking BMW's customer service got myself a free health check on the car by Frank Keane BMW while I waited they had cups of tea/coffee biscuits etc and plenty of car magazines, and in typical German fashion they said it would take 1 and half hours and they had it ready bang on the button no messing about I walked out feeling happy and very impressed :).

Now to just find the energy to go the gym, I'm going to get up any second now :).

As a mechanic myself by trade I can tell ya a secret.
    They finished health check in probably less than half hour and told you 1 and half hour to cover themselves in case of a customer coming in with another problem.
    Used to do it in my old garage.

Keeps customers happy though. But hour an half seems much

As a mechanic myself by trade I can tell ya a secret.
    They finished health check in probably less than half hour and told you 1 and half hour to cover themselves in case of a customer coming in with another problem.
    Used to do it in my old garage.

Keeps customers happy though. But hour an half seems much

In fairness I know this is usually the case but I could see them from where I was sitting the gave the car a wash and hover aswell as the health check which was one of the things that impressed me considering it was free.

I just spent the past hour watching rubber bandits clips on YouTube and fcuk me my sides hurt.
    Them two lads are funny as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Today sucked, but tomorrow I have my first driving lesson and I'm getting a new kitten which makes it alllll better :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Driving is fun, you won't regret it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement