Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It's full of holes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What's your poison Eso?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Gawd!! Looks like I've to choose between being kept awake cause it's too hot, or being kept awake cause the neighbours have visitors out the back and are being loud :'(
    Have the window closed cause of them and i'm melting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Gawd!! Looks like I've to choose between being kept awake cause it's too hot, or being kept awake cause the neighbours have visitors out the back and are being loud :'(

Open the window, and grab your iPod or some earplugs :)
    I sleep most nights with my iPod on because himself snores so loudly :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Angron wrote: »
    What's your poison Eso?

Red wine, white wine, rose wine and vodka. I feel awful but it's stopping me from crying

• Advertisement

It's too warm but I can't keep the window open. Daddy long legs keep getting in and scaring me. The only noises I can hear are my dads pond, cows mooing and that's about it.
    Wrecked!! Pain is very wearisome, heading into day 5 of serious pain. Off to the gp tomorrow, nothing she can do but I want it recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Red wine, white wine, rose wine and vodka. I feel awful but it's stopping me from crying

Ah eso, you deserve a stiff drink, just be sensible! Keep your wits about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Mylina wrote: »
    Open the window, and grab your iPod or some earplugs :)
    I sleep most nights with my iPod on because himself snores so loudly :/
    kellief wrote: »
    It's too warm but I can't keep the window open. Daddy long legs keep getting in and scaring me. The only noises I can hear are my dads pond, cows mooing and that's about it.

I've told ye...sleep nekkid. It's the only way, especially with the weather the way it is. :D Or sleep nekkid with an iPod. :cool:
    Wrecked!! Pain is very wearisome, heading into day 5 of serious pain. Off to the gp tomorrow, nothing she can do but I want it recorded.

Hope you get some form of relief soon. Poor you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Went to the Leinster final of Dublin today what a great match had 4 cans before I left the house then was at the match for 3:45 had two pints and was in the stands for 4 kickoff
    Half time had 3 pints and back in for the match again
    After match went to hill 16 pub for 2 pints and then t karma for another 7 pints
    Then got 6 cans and sat at the canal for 2 hours talking with the lads and singing
    Home now so altogether had a decent estimate of 22-24 pints altogether and am not even close to drunk but I'm home now and herself is happy I'm home so that's what matters
    Me daughter was awake when I came home
    2 minutes if cuddling with myself and des fast asleep
    Daddy's touch huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My car is like an oven. I nearly spontaneously combusted during a ten minute drive.

• Advertisement

It's roasting :) I think I get to go to say goodbye to my grandad tonight hopefully

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Hope you get some form of relief soon. Poor you. :(

Thanks u guise...still in pain today. Not gonna bother going to the doctor cos she won't do anything and I don't want to waste money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Stupid bank hurry up and put the funds into my account so I can go pick up my car, sat here checking banking 365 constantly waiting on the money, took today off work to sort this and it so sunny I don't want to be waiting around indoors.

Not allowed go say goodbye to my grandad, my gran has said she doesn't want anyone doing it. Great. :(

Eso I'm so sorry. I wish I could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

That's not very fair :( You have to have closure like. Sorry Eso

I'll be lucky if I last till 6 o clock without passing out in work. Then i've to get into my lighting hot car with no air conditioning and drive an hour home. All I want to do is jump into the sea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Back for a bit! We did a house swap. My granny is currently staying with my mother while I stay in my grandmother's house for a few weeks with my batty aunt. She only has a laptop and it's a pain in the hole to type on so I've been largely absent from Boards for a while.
    That said, I have ready access to Sky+ so I'm enjoying my 2 weeks of Cake Boss and Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo.
    Yay! Trashy tv! Anyhoo, how are ye all doing? The sunshine is GORGEOUS. I've gotten a tan for the first time in about 10 years and my mood is boasted by the exposure to Vitamin D. Good stuff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Sorry about your grandad Eso, its a shame you dont get to say goodbye.

Wow what a gloriously sunny day, I could so get used to this. Enjoyed as much of the sun as I could today, we had a meeting with Thomas's psychologist today, for those of you that dont know he was diagnoised with Aspergers Syndrome two weeks ago. Today was tough, we had to go through the psych report. I swear our psychologist wont settle till he makes me cry. Ended up in tears in his office, in fairness I have been holding all the emotion in, so he was probably right to push me to the edge, I think I needed to let go. Its a lot tougher to come to terms with then I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

binxeo wrote: »
    Sorry about your grandad Eso, its a shame you dont get to say goodbye.

Wow what a gloriously sunny day, I could so get used to this. Enjoyed as much of the sun as I could today, we had a meeting with Thomas's psychologist today, for those of you that dont know he was diagnoised with Aspergers Syndrome two weeks ago. Today was tough, we had to go through the psych report. I swear our psychologist wont settle till he makes me cry. Ended up in tears in his office, in fairness I have been holding all the emotion in, so he was probably right to push me to the edge, I think I needed to let go. Its a lot tougher to come to terms with then I thought.
    It was tough getting my diagnosis at the age of 21, Binxeo but it's good that your son is getting seen to at a young age. That way, you can be more proactive about his school development. When I was growing up, people just thought I was a weirdo because my behavioral patterns were different to the average neurotypical girl but since I've been diagnosed, people have been so much more understanding.
    If you ever need to chat about Aspergers and how it affects one's life, I'm open to PM chats. I'm no expert but I've done a decent bit of research since my diagnosis and hey, I've lived with it for the majority of my life. Hope your son gets all the care he needs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

McChubbin wrote: »
    It was tough getting my diagnosis at the age of 21, Binxeo but it's good that your son is getting seen to at a young age. That way, you can be more proactive about his school development. When I was growing up, people just thought I was a weirdo because my behavioral patterns were different to the average neurotypical girl but since I've been diagnosed, people have been so much more understanding.
    If you ever need to chat about Aspergers and how it affects one's life, I'm open to PM chats. I'm no expert but I've done a decent bit of research since my diagnosis and hey, I've lived with it for the majority of my life. Hope your son gets all the care he needs. :)

Hey, ah thanks for the offer, Im might take you up on that. Im just scared for whats ahead for thomas. He is only 7 now so we got it quiet early which is good. His doc says he has a good chance of improvement. He is finding his emotions really difficult right now.

• Advertisement

I think McChubbin is right, you have the information now and you can use it to Thomas' benefit now. He's still the same boy he always was, you just have a bit more info now.

I've spent the day procrasti-blogging. Felt better today for the first time since Wednesday, which is good. Got out of bed, woo!
    I tried to write for my thesis, but instead pretty-ified my blog, put a new nail art section on it since I'm asked about my nails all the time and updated it. I'm very happy with how it looks, I have gotten almost 50 views since I did it, which is so strange. It scares me...

The ice cream man just drove past my house. Is he not a bit late???

The ice cream man just drove past my house. Is he not a bit late???

Yeah, ridiculous how late some of these lads go around!! Do they not realise young kids have a bedtime??? :rolleyes: The guy that comes around here used to park right opposite my house with his jingle going full blast for ages...I say he USED to!!! ;):D

On another note, started back training properly today. My goal is the Hell & Back on November 3rd that Marty told me about. Feck it, I haven't done a whole lot since my accident last September, have to get the finger out and get stuck in. So did a 5k today (http://runkeeper.com/activity?userId=21186068&trip=205922507) and then the sledgehammer and tractor tyre got some abuse!! :cool:

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Yeah, ridiculous how late some of these lads go around!! Do they not realise young kids have a bedtime??? :rolleyes: The guy that comes around here used to park right opposite my house with his jingle going full blast for ages...I say he USED to!!! ;):D

On another note, started back training properly today. My goal is the Hell & Back on November 3rd that Marty told me about. Feck it, I haven't done a whole lot since my accident last September, have to get the finger out and get stuck in. So did a 5k today (http://runkeeper.com/activity?userId=21186068&trip=205922507) and then the sledgehammer and tractor tyre got some abuse!! :cool:

It's getting annoying! I don't understand why he's going around so late!

Sounds good! I'm trying to really watch what I eat at the mo cos I can't do any physical exercise at all. I can barely walk! I cannot wait to be able to go out for a run, just for the sake of being able to run!

Thanks binxeo. Plans have changed again so I get to go see him before the removal tomorrow thankfully. Been in my gran's house all day, struggling to hold it together.

I have two close friends with Asperger's and they function just fine. It's better to get a diagnosis now so that you can all learn to cope with it, but he's going to have a normal life, don't think otherwise, it's just a case of learning to recognise triggers and emotions, but he's going to be fine with you and pkm as parents. Let yourselves cry as much as you need to and be good to yourself. I'm here if you need to talk x

Thanks binxeo. Plans have changed again so I get to go see him before the removal tomorrow thankfully. Been in my gran's house all day, struggling to hold it together.

I have two close friends with Asperger's and they function just fine. It's better to get a diagnosis now so that you can all learn to cope with it, but he's going to have a normal life, don't think otherwise, it's just a case of learning to recognise triggers and emotions, but he's going to be fine with you and pkm as parents. Let yourselves cry as much as you need to and be good to yourself. I'm here if you need to talk x

I'm really glad you get to see him Eso, it will mean a lot. Hope you are doing ok, lots of hugs xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I've heard that the ice cream men that go round late in the evening aren't selling ice-cream... :eek:

A good few of my cousins have been diagnosed with Aspergers (three brothers in the same family all have the diagnosis) and they are doing really well in school etc. I'm sure you will be able to teach Thomas some valuable learning tools and coping mechanisms together with the health professionals.

Please try to not get too disheartened by the crappy mental health service in this country though, pisses me off everyday.

My daughter was referred to speech therapy and we got a letter for assessment last week, all good, except the bloody date and time slot was blank on the letter! Rang them that day and got a new letter this morning though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Glad to hear you will get to see your grandad and say goodbye Lyn. Don't try to hold it together, grieve for your loss.

January wrote: »
    Glad to hear you will get to see your grandad and say goodbye Lyn. Don't try to hold it together, grieve for your loss.

Oh yeah, I'll be crying all day tomorrow and the day after, it's just tonight I'm trying to hold it together cause my sisters and aunts are all in bits. I've never seen a body laid out before, I hope I don't react badly but I think I need to go see him. Welling up just writing this tbh :(

...but he's going to be fine with you and pkm as parents....

laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif

January wrote: »
    I'm sure you will be able to teach Thomas some valuable learning tools and coping mechanisms..

Yeah we will....

fist-pump-baby.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I'll be crying all day tomorrow and the day after, it's just tonight I'm trying to hold it together cause my sisters and aunts are all in bits. I've never seen a body laid out before, I hope I don't react badly but I think I need to go see him. Welling up just writing this tbh :(

It's strange, you can't really predict how you will react, but it isn't easy. Bring lots of tissues, a bottle of water and remember to breathe lots. You forget that. You have your family around you and that's all that matters right now. xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement