Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

2n7Mrtbl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Clementines, Sprouts, Pineapples, Carrots, Melons and 1Kg bags of white potatoes all 8c in Aldi Newlands Cross this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Clementines, Sprouts, Pineapples, Carrots, Melons and 1Kg bags of white potatoes all 8c in Aldi Newlands Cross this morning.

Its nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

8c! jaysus.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I am incredibly tempted to stock up and start freezing those fruits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

its on till xmas, same as last year, they actually reduced them to down to 3c eventually last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

its on till xmas, same as last year, they actually reduced them to down to 3c eventually last year
    I thought it was 5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It was infact 2 cent !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

What is super6?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What is super6?

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Aldi in Naas have started to pay it's customers to take the items on this super 6 offer.

Only popped in for some carrots and walked out with carrots and 64c more than I walked in with:eek:

Seriously though. Where's it gonna end???

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Aldi in Naas have started to pay it's customers to take the items on this super 6 offer.

Only popped in for some carrots and walked out with carrots and 64c more than I walked in with:eek:

Seriously though. Where's it gonna end???
    Looks like some Aldi employee will be having their wages docked then. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

At 4pm there were only carrots left in Aldi in Monread Naas - very dissapointed :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lissavane wrote: »
    Looks like some Aldi employee will be having their wages docked then. Enjoy.

He was joking, (actually are you joking as well? Definitely a Fry meme moment for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

SPAWKER wrote: »

Just to clarify, the spuds are 1.5Kg. The Aldi ones are definitely better than the baby spuds on offer in Lidl.

We had the Aldi ones for dinner tonight, both roast and mash. Mash are very good, just watch them and don't cover them in water. Only half fill the pot with water when boiling. The roast were ok. Cooked them at 200° for 50 mins. Crisped up ok and were nice and fluffy in the middle.

Just make sure that if you buy your 6 bags in Aldi that you get them out of the plastic bags and into a paper potato bag. If you don't have one, take the spuds out of each plastic bag and wrap them in a couple of sheets of newspaper. As this is BA don't buy a paper for this purpose. Just use the local free newspaper ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

dfbemt wrote: »
    As this is BA don't buy a paper for this purpose. Just use the local free newspaper ;)

You could always use that Sindo that was bought for the vouchers and was never read! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

On a more serious note.

If spuds/carrots/sprouts etc were bought today/tomorrow, would they still be fresh enough to cook on Christmas day?

Don't want a press full of floppy carrots and spuds that have started to grows shoots etc.

On a more serious note.

If spuds/carrots/sprouts etc were bought today/tomorrow, would they still be fresh enough to cook on Christmas day?

Don't want a press full of floppy carrots and spuds that have started to grows shoots etc.

Sprouts probably would not last as they have a really short shelf life so buy them next week would be my advice. Keep the carrots in the fridge and they will be fine and there will be no problem at all with the spuds lasting if you take them out of the closed plastic bag as they might sweat on you. Put them into a 5 or 10Kg spuds bag you might have lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

the spuds are crap I left them behind looked awful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kn wrote: »
    Sprouts probably would not last as they have a really short shelf life so buy them next week would be my advice. Keep the carrots in the fridge and they will be fine and there will be no problem at all with the spuds lasting if you take them out of the closed plastic bag as they might sweat on you. Put them into a 5 or 10Kg spuds bag you might have lying around.

I've found that sprouts last for ages to be honest - depending on the state of them coming out of the shop obviously; but if they look pretty fresh then I reckon they'll last if they are kept in the fridge.

• Advertisement

ROY RACE wrote: »
    the spuds are crap I left them behind looked awful

I've just had steamed with the bacon and cabbage and they were fine out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

On Joe Duffy NOW!!!!!!
    Fruit &Veg will be 1c according to Joe.
    So don't buy anything till then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

snubbleste wrote: »
    On Joe Duffy NOW!!!!!!
    Fruit &Veg will be 1c according to Joe.
    So don't buy anything till then

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

it was 2 cent last year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

it was 2 cent last year

I'll wait for the bargains so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kn wrote: »
    I've just had steamed with the bacon and cabbage and they were fine out!

The best way to cook those Whites is to steam them folks,whatever you do,don't boil them in water as they turn to inedible mush.Steamed is the way to go & they taste fine.
    Aldi have also knocked a few cent of the price of their loaves of bread.

Was talking to somebody in the shop earlier & he was commenting on how many people are complaining about not being able to afford to feed their kids,laziness has a lot to do with it methinks,for small money one could feed an army from Aldi.Anyhow that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

6 cent tomo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

zerks wrote: »
    Was talking to somebody in the shop earlier & he was commenting on how many people are complaining about not being able to afford to feed their kids,laziness has a lot to do with it methinks,for small money one could feed an army from Aldi.Anyhow that's for another thread.

'Small money' christ you have no clue do you, half the country can't cover their most basic bills and are having to make the choice between food and keeping a car on the road in order to stay in a job. They'd be better off on the dole but I'm sure you'd have a self righteous opinions about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Thats all the more reason for buying "real" food and doing the preparation yourself. Can't understand people paying the earth for prepared lettuce when all it takes is a wash and ripping it up. But lots of people are prepared to pay double rather than do a little preparation. Am often surprised to see people buying crappy "ready meals" to feed their family. Such a waste of hard-earned money that could be used for fresh nourishing food and other necessities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmm, I read an interesting comment on Redditt, There's the whole more time cost as well as the cost of the food.

Even if you're not working, and you have a family of four, it would be difficult to find the time and preparation.

Also, it's only really cheaper if you bulk cook. I cook myself to save money, but, you know, I only have myself to look after.

Advertisement