Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options
145791065

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules


    I have been shopping for years myself in Aldi. usually find their fruit and veg to be top quality but their standards have most definitely dropped in the last year


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad


    I have been shopping for years myself in Aldi. usually find their fruit and veg to be top quality but their standards have most definitely dropped in the last year
    Like all other supermarkets the price of goods and transport has risen such a lot that they have to cut costs in other areas, Aldi have recently introduced an economy brand comparable to the Tesco "valu" brand. they have increased some prices but also instead of raising prices on some products they have reduced pack sizes. this practice happens much more in other supermarkets due to the huge number of different brands and varieties available so aldi are miles ahead as far as prices and value for money when compared to the main three.


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn


    My opinion to fruit/veg/meat shopping is you have to examine it in the shop to make sure it looks fresh and good to get good quality, you can meet a poor quality product in any shop. I don't understand how people can just walk around a shop and throw meat/veg/fruit into a trolley without even looking at it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname


    Great thread

    Would it be possible to update the title with date of latest update and how long it's valid for?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste


    I ate a whole 500g of their grapes for lunch. They're yum.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic


    Does anyone know what this week's Super 6 are? Aldi are getting really bad for updating it on their website. :rolleyes:


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste


    cosmic wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this week's Super 6 are? Aldi are getting really bad for updating it on their website. :rolleyes:
    Yes.


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn


    Carrot 1kg was 99 cent now 39 cent save 60 cent.
    Lemon & Lime Tray was €1.29 now 39 cent save 90 cent.
    Turnip was 89 cent now 39 cent save 50 cent.
    Salad Potatoes was 99 cent now 39 cent save 60 cent.
    Scallions was 79 cent now 39 cent save 40 cent.
    Tomatoes was €1.19 now 39 cent save 80 cent.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic


    snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.

    Right, very helpful.
    Carrot 1kg was 99 cent now 39 cent save 60 cent.
    Lemon & Lime Tray was €1.29 now 39 cent save 90 cent.
    Turnip was 89 cent now 39 cent save 50 cent.
    Salad Potatoes was 99 cent now 39 cent save 60 cent.
    Scallions was 79 cent now 39 cent save 40 cent.
    Tomatoes was €1.19 now 39 cent save 80 cent.

    Yum! I reckon I'll be buying all 6 this time :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    I was hoping lemons would be in it because I want to make lemon curd for Xmas presents. Not sure what I'd do with loads of limes though. I may hold out and hope they have just lemons on special in the next few weeks!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic


    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Not sure what I'd do with loads of limes though.

    I slice them up and freeze them. Then I pop them into drinks as I need them. Doubles up as a flavour enhancer and an ice cube


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    cosmic wrote: »
    I slice them up and freeze them. Then I pop them into drinks as I need them. Doubles up as a flavour enhancer and an ice cube

    I could do that, that's a good idea! i do have a large chest freezer so loads of room. Each 250ml jar of lemon curd needs 4 lemons though so I'd have to plan a lot of drinking in my future :)

    Maybe there is some kind of chutney that uses limes?

    /goes to research!


  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin


    For anyone interested: They put the Super 6 on the website -- https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/

    Also available on the aldi app as a web link.


  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron


    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I was hoping lemons would be in it because I want to make lemon curd for Xmas presents. Not sure what I'd do with loads of limes though. I may hold out and hope they have just lemons on special in the next few weeks!

    Lime curd? (not trying to be smart - tesco's finest lime is even tangier than their lemon curd ... like a 1980's opal fruit on toast!)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    styron wrote: »
    Lime curd? (not trying to be smart - tesco's finest lime is even tangier than their lemon curd ... like a 1980's opal fruit on toast!)

    Mmm, opal fruits :) I was thinking having lemon curd and lime curd might be a much but it could be nice. I could also juice them and freeze the juice. I've always wanted to make key lime pie too. Lots of options!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson


    When the hell are we gonna get Apples on the cheap - paid 3,49 in lidl this morning for 2kg gala.

    And this is Apple season. Crazy Prices.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson


    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Mmm, opal fruits :) I was thinking having lemon curd and lime curd might be a much but it could be nice. I could also juice them and freeze the juice. I've always wanted to make key lime pie too. Lots of options!!


    Carrot cake !


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    The problem with baking is I'll just eat it all myself :)

    I was wondering if we'd get any apples on special anytime soon too.I was going to make and freeze some apple purée for the baby (I'm making myself sound like housewife of the year here!!). I was surprised not too see them in the super 6 yet


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson


    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The problem with baking is I'll just eat it all myself :)

    I was wondering if we'd get any apples on special anytime soon too.I was going to make and freeze some apple purée for the baby (I'm making myself sound like housewife of the year here!!). I was surprised not too see them in the super 6 yet

    Prob nearer Halloween, it's crazy as this is when Irish apples are ripe for the picking,


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    It's a pity there's no pick your own places around. I think people would really go for it. I used to do I when I lived abroad )the place we went to had pick your own chillies which was fab) The best apple I've ever eaten was taken directly from the tree.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,202 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!


    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    It's a pity there's no pick your own places around. I think people would really go for it. I used to do I when I lived abroad )the place we went to had pick your own chillies which was fab) The best apple I've ever eaten was taken directly from the tree.

    How about just grow your own? ;)

    My chillies this year were abundant, grown in the conservatory (hotter than south america in there) during this glorious summer. Still going strong :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    unkel wrote: »
    How about just grow your own? ;)

    My chillies this year were abundant, grown in the conservatory during this glorious summer. Still going strong :D

    I would if I didn't live in an apartment without even a balcony! Nowhere to put them :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 65,202 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!


    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I would if I didn't live in an apartment without even a balcony! Nowhere to put them :(

    Any window sill (preferably south or west facing) will do just fine - give it a try next year!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy


    I might do that, although the only window sill with any room is very low to the ground. I have a baby who will be crawling or perhaps waking by next summer so may need to rearrange things!


  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010


    What's the super6 this fortnight please ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511


    Kas2010 wrote: »
    What's the super6 this fortnight please ?
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin


    Wonder why this one is lasting 3 weeks? Thought it was usually 2 weeks.

    (Anybody know if Dunnes still doing the same offers?)


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson


    Wonder why this one is lasting 3 weeks? Thought it was usually 2 weeks.

    (Anybody know if Dunnes still doing the same offers?)


    They'll probably have Halloween stuff next week onwards, maybe pumpkin, peanuts, apples etc?


  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979


    There is going to be a big Halloween one next week, apples and grapes but don't know what else


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin


    SV changed their 3 for €2 range yesterday and they have pumpkins, granny smiths & peanuts in shells. Also, not as festive but carrots, mushrooms & an other.


Advertisement