Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shave Of The Day - Boards Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Nice picture Maciek. Lovely looking Puma!

MWF - Semogue 1520 - Toyo Scheon Burg #666 - Blue Stratos

nqy1op.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

Hi.
    Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant Extra" / Palmolive Shaving Stick / Simpsons Chubby 2 / Simpsons Pre & After Shave

DSC_0015_zpsd25f6a3a.jpg

Maciek.

Hi.
    Le Jaguar "Quality Superior" / Wars / Semogue Owners Club / Simpsons Pre & After Shave

DSC_0029-5_zps2128251b.jpg

Maciek.

Proraso - Frank Shave 23mm Pur Tech - Glod Dollar #66 - Proraso

iz6ypk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

12384067924_7ab6cc074c_c.jpg

Whats is the Art of Shaving cream like jpb1974? I've heard mixed reviews on their soap since they changed the formula of it.

I like it, lathers well, slick, scent wise possibly my favourite of all the creams/soaps out there.

Hi.
    Heinrich Boker "King Cutter" / L'occitane Cade / Simpsons Chubby / Simpsons After Shave Balm

DSC_0040-2_zps71c62864.jpg

Maciek.

Hi.
    Le Grelot "Marque De Qualite Medaille D'Or Paris 1931 / Monsavon / Semogue Owners Club / Simpsons Twins

DSC_0046_zps979bec2c.jpg

Maciek.

• Advertisement

Hi.
    69 Thiers Issard "Double Extra Special Steel" / Simpsons Chubby 2 / Williams Rasage / Simpsons Pre & After Shave

DSC_0054_zpsc6757e60.jpg

Maciek.

MWF - Zebra Wood Silvertip - Rolls Razor - GFT Marlborough

au70gn.jpg

I decided to rehone my two Rolls Razor blades last night. The blade I used today was honed on 12, 9, 5, 3 micron lapping film and was finished with 2 layers of paper under 3 micron film. The edge was nice and sharp and quite comfortable. I was a little suprised by how comfortable it was today.

MWF - Semogue 1520 - Rolls Razor - GFT Marlborough
    6zoqyb.jpg

The second of the two Rolls Razor blades that I honed was used today. This one was honed on 12, 9, 5, 3, 1 micron film and then finished on 1 micron film with 2 layers of paper under it. The edge was a bit smoother than yesterday but that did end up with me over doing the amount of passes I should have done and giving myself a bit of a raw face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Sometimes you think of 'daft stuff' and you know it's daft.. and don't do it. Sometimes you accidentally do something daft and have a laugh afterwards.

Then sometimes.. you sort of know you're about to do something daft, continue to do it.. and your brain keeps telling you that you're doing something daft, while you're doing it, like the alarm on an old school digital watch.

I picked a handfull of these up in South County Dublin. Very reminiscent of a Gillette Knack, from the 1970s. The seller acquired the razors with a large batch of gynecological equipment. *cough*

They look unused, I hope they are.

The blade gap is scary. Feather light razors, which makes the handling of the razor very disconcerting.

mxpd.jpg

yfsh.jpg

vj9d.jpg

Back to my normal razor..

I'm pretty sure those razors were not meant for shaving the face :D

How did it shave anyway?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure those razors were not meant for shaving the face :D

How did it shave anyway?

Rawhide.. Never again. I had a big red face on me for the entire day. I was in a foul mood because of it. Just like this 'smiley' ---> :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Reckon they were for shaving body hair pre-op.

They absolutely were for pre-op hair removal. They used to have straight razor ones before the disposable ones came along.

The straights had metal scales so they could be disinfected easily between patients.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The straights had metal scales so they could be disinfected easily between patients.

Hah, that explains it. I was handling the straight then, the scales are utterly flat and featureless, just two plates of surgical steel. Autoclave friendly, no doubt.

The straight was in a bad way, some chipping.

Mitchells Wool Fat - Olive Wood Silvretip - Deramaix Frameback - Floid 'The Genuine' - Dr K Balm

2pzd8b5.jpg23wlhdy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

P2201570E_zps7233697c.jpg

Razor: George Wostenholm & Sons - Real I*XL Razor

Brush: Omega Pure Badger Brush

Cream: Geo F. Trumper's [Coconut Oil]

Post: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Shaving Shop Aftershave Gel

After Shave: Alt-Innsbruck

That's a great looking IXL you have there, Dramatik :cool:

Hi.
    Lancet Steel / Kanayama Fine Stars / Simpsons Chubby / Arko / Simpsons Pre & After

DSC_0075-7_zps5ac8df02.jpg

Maciek.

MWF - Semogue 1520 - 6/8 Revisor - TOBS Victorian Limes

aokgw9.jpg

Proraso Sensitive - Semogue 2011 LE FB1 - Henkotsu Kamisori - Proraso AS

2czey52.jpg

Sorry I don't have a picture at the moment but I went for a total minimalist shave this morning. One single against the grain pass (across the grain on chin and tash only) with just a single splash of water at the beginning of the shave, no cream or soap! :eek: Believe it or not I ended up with no irritation or redness either, close shave too! Took about 6:30 mins :D Just wanted to see if it was actually possible to have a decent shave with minimal setup. Obviously it's a more enjoyable experience with lather and the razor glides over the skin much easier but I wanted to see if it was possible to do without irritation. I suppose it's a good sign that the razor is nice and sharp if it can do this. I'd like to see someone try this with a fusion razor ha ha!

Synergy Shave Soap Lime - 24mm Olivewood Silvertip - Clements Perfection - TOBS Victorian Limes

2rcwjyu.jpg

Proraso Sensitive - semogue 830 - Henkotsu Kamisori - Proraso

2rconly.jpg

13667188234_1f11495dbd_c.jpg

• Advertisement

P1171533copy_zpscc1ba5c2.jpg

Razor: F.W. Engels - Leader

Brush: Omega Pure Badger Brush

Cream: Truefitt & Hill [1805]