Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shave Of The Day - Boards Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

macrob77, what specific Semogue is that? ..and, where you do you source your Simpsons pre-shave oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

Hi.

That's Semogue Owners Club boar.
    I got that pre-shave oil as a gift. I think you can buy it from Simpsons directly.

Maciek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Connaught Shaving stock it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Mrysol Emulsion - Dr K Peppermint - Semogue 610 - Clements Perfection - Cien Ebony

10wiqyo.jpg

1z6wilt.jpg

• Advertisement

Hi.
    Puma Silber / L'occitane Cade / Semogue Owners Club / Simpsons Pre-Shave Oil

DSC_0163_zps400334e0.jpg

Maciek.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

macrob77 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Puma Silber / L'occitane Cade / Semogue Owners Club / Simpsons Pre-Shave Oil

DSC_0163_zps400334e0.jpg

Maciek.
    The scales on that razor looks great. :)

Thanks.
    The material is called "ivorine" or "french ivory".

Maciek.

Where did you get it? I am on the lookout for a new razor. So will be very active in this thread again. :)

I found it on ebay. It wasn't new and she needed a little of TLC :)

Have a look on this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057046795

Maciek.

• Advertisement

Great job fixing up the scales. Very impressed. Any suggestions on straight razors for a relative newb with only a whipped dog so far. If I do end up getting a new on for xmas I probably will give away my whipped dog.

Have you got a budget in mind?

Less than 100 euro. Don't know if thats too stingy or not. I just want something that looks really good.

Does the brand matter that much?

I know of a person who modifies Gold Dollar razors. Gold Dollars are cheap razors made in China but the steel they use is good for razors. They normally need work done on them before you can even hone them however (that's why people generally stay away from them).

I cant give you the link as I'm on my phone but his site is something like Vorpal razors. His modified razors cost about $70 honed. If you cant find his site i'll get you a link for it when I'm at my computer.

*edit* here is the link to his site. The is a slideshow of his work on the homepage and another small one in the 'for sale' page. He doesn't have anything listed but if you send him a message he should be able to sort you out.

Other than that http://www.straightrazordesigns.com/ is probably the way to go.

Proraso Sensitive - Semogue 830 - Pal Adjustable - Floid Genuine

33msd35.jpg

It's hard to keep up with the Jones's around here... the level of sexiness going into these photos is hitting another level. I like my photography... but I totally suck at product photography.

Looking at some other forums.. they're dropping flowers into pics... using old maps as backdrops... taking their shaving equipment outdoors for photos. Some people have even hit their photos with some HDR treatment (Hidh Dynamic Range)... which makes my eyes water.

10841037835_00f17548ea_c.jpg

Hi.
    Thiers Issard "Dandy Lux"/ L'occitane Cade / Wilkinson Sword / Simpsons Pre- Shave Oil

DSC_0172_zpsd2f4e14d.jpg

Maciek.

Dr K Peppermint - Semogue 2011 LEFB1 - Henkotsu Kamisori - D.R Harris Marlborough

2vtcviv.jpg

Myrsol Emulsion - Dr K Peppermint - Olive Wood Silvertip - Pal Adjustable - Cien Ice Aftershave

15g9f2a.jpg

• Advertisement

Dr K Peppermint - Olive Wood Silvertip - George Wostenholm IXL - Myrsol Agua De Limon - Dr K Balm

o8c37n.jpg

GFT Limes Skin Food - Dr K Peppermint - Semogue 1520 - 5/8 Torrey - Penhaligon's Quercus Cologne

2mzh5q8.jpg

Dr K Peppermint - Olivewood Silvertip - Toyo Scheon Bug #666 - Alt Innsbruck

28ugtqg.jpg

Hi.
    Thiers Issard "Pierre Thier" / Tabac / Simpsons Chubby / Simpsons Pre & After Shave

DSC_0354_zps165f9df8.jpg

Maciek.

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue 1520 - Gold Dollar 66 - Lynx Africa AS

3355vzb.jpg

I refined the edge on the GD after yesterdays shave. Now it's nice and smooth. Now I'm thinking I need to replace the scales as they are shockingly bad. I need to look around for some stuff to do it though....

Hi.
    SFK Wapienica "Fryzjerska" / Semogue Owners Club / Arko / Simpsons Pre & After Shave

DSC_0384_zps7e2b8dc9.jpg

Maciek.

Hi.
    Puma-Silber / Simpsons Chubby / Penhaligon's English Fern / Simpsons Pre & After Shave

DSC_0387_zps0c1c83d5.jpg

Maciek.

Myrsol Emulsion - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue 610 - George Wostenholm IXL - Myrsol Blue

dbmyvo.jpg

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue 610 - Deramaix Frameback - Davidoff Coolwater

r2rm9w.jpg

• Advertisement

Hi.

Puma 89 Special / Semogue Owners Club / L'occitane Cade / Simpsons Pre & After

gd232_zps5fbd269a.jpg

Maciek.

Advertisement