Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shave Of The Day - Boards Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I meant to ask, what scent is the Truefitt and Hill?

It doesn't actually list a scent

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Truefitt-and-Hill-No.-10-Finest-Shave-Cream.html

The description reads:

"willow bark, borage oil, meadowfoam seed oil, grape seed oil, almond oil and olive oil"

Scent wise, it wouldn't be high on my preference list, hard to describe it. But for €10 for 190ml it's a very good performer.

My Mama Bear soaps were shipped same day and reached their US destination at the weekend.

I put in an order with Mike's Natural soaps last Wednesday... all I got was a PayPal receipt, no order confirmation or any sort of acknowledgement.

I noticed their website says

**I’m currently processing orders received on 6/4, 6/6-6/16.

My order was July 3rd... seems it could be a while before they get to it. Anyone else have any experience of dealing with Mike's Soaps? Are they general slow to ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Sorry! I should have warned you that Mike's Soaps is really slow. I've always had them shipped to Ireland so there was no time pressure. It will be worth it and hopefully cheap for your friends to post if you miss it.

Drat... it could be another month before they get to my order... seems they are about as fast to respond to emails too.

Think I'll have to request a refund from Paypal... not worth the wait in this day and age.

Appreciate the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They really are worth the wait! I doubt many in Ireland have tried them but they are sensational. You might try emailing him, explain the situation, and give him a few days to respond and expedite. If you let him know the alternative is cancelling hopefully he'll prioritize you. He's just some dude doing this as a hobby and not a professional shop. That said it's proper craft soap which I'd put ahead of Mama Bear's soap any day.

For anyone in Ireland (or in case you order direct later): Buying more than 1 works out as better value since the shipping goes up only $4 for each extra tin topping out at $24 for 3 tins. If you buy 2 it works out at €15 / tin.

I have Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper and Vetiver on the way! The base soap is Tallow, Lanolin, & Kokum Butter. Very easy easy to lather with a rather wet brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Myrsol Emulsion - Mama Bear Orange Orange - Semogue 1520 - 6/8 Revisor - Floid Suave

5dnsc9.jpg

The menthol in the Myrsol and Floid are nice on days like today.

9262338509_eab56f52ca.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I have moved some posts discussing recent purchases and acquisitions to the Look what I got in the post thread. Let's keep this thread focused on SOTD and related Q&A.
    I'm trying to avoid the one jumbled megathread for all discussions trap we often fall into.

Mama Bear Orange Orange - Semogue 610 - 5/8 Torrey - Blue Stratos

2rfpibt.jpg

Myrsol Emulsion - Mama Bear Orange Orange - Zebra Wood Silvertip - Henkotsu Kamisori - Myrsol Agua De Limon

15yyra0.jpg

• Advertisement

9345037902_50bb04fe03.jpg

awb0om.jpg

Mama Bear Orange Orange - Semogue 1520 - 5/8 Dovo - TOBS Victorian Lime - GFT Limes Skin Food

29giiqs.jpg

TOBS Victorian Lime

Lovely stuff.. one of my faves.

One of my favourites too.

I got that bottle and the cologne for free from someone on Badger and Blade. He wasn't a fan of it and knew I was so sent it to me.

9495784897_913b9b0a82.jpg

Martin De Candre - Semogue 1520 - Red Point 917 - Myrsol Blue

14npq0y.jpg

My first shave since last Friday. The noise of the stubble being cut away was glorious and my face is super smooth in two passes.

Martin De Candre - Semogue 610 - 7/8 Solingen Stainless - D.R Harris Marlborough

713cqb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

P7040876E_zps4d76b224.jpg

Razor: H.Boker "1926 - S.P. King Kutter" 5/8 Hollow Ground

Brush: Omega Pure Badger Brush

Cream: Geo F. Trumper's [Coconut Oil]

Post: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Shaving Shop Aftershave Gel

After Shave: Alt-Innsbruck

MdC - Semogue 1520 - Deramaix Frameback - Blue Stratos

imky1z.jpg

• Advertisement

MdC - Semogue LE FB1 - Henkotsu Kamisori - Myrsol Agua De Limon - GFT Limes Skin Food

bhey9z.jpg

MdC - Semogue 1520 - Toyo Scheon Burg #666 - Nuatica Blue

f0oz87.jpg

I gave the edge on the Toyo a quick sharpening this morning. It was pulling a bit the last time I shaved with it, but 5 minutes in total on 3um, 1um and 0.5um lapping film and the edge is sharp and smooth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Some very good photos here, unfortunately I barely get the chance to shave these days never mind take photos.

Shaved yesterday after 9 days growth, had a beautiful knick free shave with:
    MWF
    Simpsons Colonel
    Gillette Knack
    Supermax stainless
    Finished off with witch hazel and Speick balm

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

IHall_zps7b9e4d1c.jpg

Razor: I. Hall (Jonathan Hall 1795 - 1830) Scrimshaw scales.

Brush: Omega Pure Badger Brush

Cream: Geo F. Trumper's [Coconut Oil]

Post: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Shaving Shop Aftershave Gel

After Shave: Alt-Innsbruck

Myrsol Emulsion - MdC - Semogue 1520 - 5/8 Wagner & Lange - Proraso

29217wz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

Hi.
    Today's shave:

Razor: Thiers Issard
    Shaving brush: Semogue Owners Club
    Shaving cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street "Rose"

Img0470_zps8c78d69c.jpg

Maciek.

Dr K Peppermint Shave Soap - Semogue 1520 - Henkotsu Kamisori - Dr K After Shave Balm

mrp9o7.jpg

9680687526_e10b57aa79.jpg

What are those Liojuny Shaving brushes like?

They seem like they could be pretty good value.

• Advertisement

Seems pretty decent so far, now't wrong with it at all. I'm tempted to pick up the black version as well.

Almost no shed on it after a couple of trial uses, 26mm knot silvertip, good lathering and a reasonably firm backbone.

I like it so far.. still need to do a few more tests.

Advertisement