Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone listen to the latest Players Chair with Paul O'Connell? Very good I though, definitely one of the better ones. Only problem was, it was too short. Only about half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the latest Players Chair with Paul O'Connell? Very good I though, definitely one of the better ones. Only problem was, it was too short. Only about half an hour.

I enjoyed it, but it was a bit familiar, touched on a good bit of ground covered in a previous interview with the lads. Timewise, I'm sure there were limits on stage time on the EP stage in question. But yeah, I could listen to O'Connell for a lot longer, even as a non-fan of rugger. Very interesting and personable guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I was there for the recording and there was more preamble before PO'C came on stage.
    I could hear The Riptide Movement in the background again as they were on the main stage at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Still Ill wrote: »
    Anyone else devastated by Ken's lack of capitalisation in that Tweet?

I did die inside a little yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Had to snigger given some of the comments in here lately that they had Miguel on to talk about the England game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Eoin Reddan talks some amount of pap

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I think Ken is being a bit precious / making a meal of the Mick / Steven Kenny dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I think Ken is being a bit precious / making a meal of the Mick / Steven Kenny dynamic.

Think he talked quite a lot of rubbish today. His analogy of Robbie getting called up whilst with LA and Jack Byrne not getting in the team because he's with Rovers was absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm harking back to Monday now - but does Sinead O'Carroll have to mention that she plays camogie every single time she's on the podcast? We know Sinead. You've mentioned. Many times.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm harking back to Monday now - but does Sinead O'Carroll have to mention that she plays camogie every single time she's on the podcast? We know Sinead. You've mentioned. Many times.

She’s truly insufferable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

She’s truly insufferable

It's also camogie...

zzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Still Ill wrote: »

Think he talked quite a lot of rubbish today. His analogy of Robbie getting called up whilst with LA and Jack Byrne not getting in the team because he's with Rovers was absolute nonsense.

I'm a big fan of Ken but Richie gave him a schooling today

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I DON'T CARE, IT'S YOU'RE JOB NOT MINE, GET OUT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I think Ken knew he made an absolutely stupid point about Robbie Keane in the MLS cause he quickly slightly changed the subject and didn't defend his point at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Thought Murph has done a fine job hosting for the past 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TwistFace

I think yesterday's episode was pretty poor. I find Richie hard to listen to. I think he doesn't really have his own opinions on things. He's improved a bit on this but his long term strategy is to answer a question with a question. Ken - 'Richie, what do you think of our wingers positioning?' Richie's response to this is 'well what are we saying Ken, are they too wide or too narrow?'. And then he'll work off Ken's response. This just drives me mad!

Richie couldn't even fully commit to his logical take that LOI is poor.

I think the lads just have him on because he's on TV and its good for the brand.

Also, I don't get why Ken picks on the individual midfield players so much. According to other analysts (I think Gary Breen), Ireland's midfield is over-run because our defence sits too deep! If this is true, no matter what players go in there, they will be outplayed.

Also my opinion is that Jack Byrne is probably getting outplayed at the training camp. Handy player to have but miles off starting.

I enjoyed Mike Quirke having a right cut at Joe Brolly this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

TwistFace wrote: »
    I think yesterday's episode was pretty poor. I find Richie hard to listen to. I think he doesn't really have his own opinions on things. He's improved a bit on this but his long term strategy is to answer a question with a question. Ken - 'Richie, what do you think of our wingers positioning?' Richie's response to this is 'well what are we saying Ken, are they too wide or too narrow?'. And then he'll work off Ken's response. This just drives me mad!

I think the lads just have him on because he's on TV and its good for the brand.

Also, I don't get why Ken picks on the individual midfield players so much. According to other analysts (I think Gary Breen), Ireland's midfield is over-run because our defence sits too deep! If this is true, no matter what players go in there, they will be outplayed.

Also my opinion is that Jack Byrne is probably getting outplayed at the training camp. Handy player to have but miles off starting.

Richie sadlier’s career in sports media is something I will never understand.

I think some are just happy that he seems pleasant, has a nice voice and is polished. That he seems to have nothing substantial to ever say about football matters is just overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

She’s truly insufferable

You dare not disagree with anything she says on Twitter if you're male because she'll be straight back at you with the mansplaining rebuttal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

yermandan wrote: »
    Thought Murph has done a fine job hosting for the past 2 weeks

He is always good as a host. Usually just a voice too many when ken and eoin are there.

• Advertisement

I reckon there's a lot of Stephen Ireland stories the lads have heard about but cannot mention on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Yeah, I've no bother with Murph when he's hosting because he's forced to reign it in a bit. But, he's like an annoying younger brother desperate for attention from his older brother and his friends when Ken and Eoin are there. The ultimate third wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I reckon there's a lot of Stephen Ireland stories the lads have heard about but cannot mention on air.

Even Richie - the ultimate in modern sensitive manhood - couldn't really disguise how much he thought Stephen Ireland was full of it.

Arghus wrote: »
    Even Richie - the ultimate in modern sensitive manhood - couldn't really disguise how much he thought Stephen Ireland was full of it.

I remember back in the day Richard Dunne said something along the lines of Stephen Ireland was borderline special needs :pac:

If anyone ever meets Robbie Keane in a pub with a few pints on him, ask him for a few Stephen Ireland stories

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I love Ritchie's chats with the lads.

That's really all I have to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

I enjoyed Mike Quirke having a right cut at Joe Brolly this morning.

Very good. And absolutely spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is everyone buzzing for the interview with Michael Owen today? Zzzzz

Arghus wrote: »

:rolleyes:

god yeah - can't be talking about feelings, mental health or depression now - men must be men

dulux99 wrote: »
    Is everyone buzzing for the interview with Michael Owen today? Zzzzz

That'll be an immediate swipe left anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

TwistFace wrote: »

Interesting that you criticize Richie for not having an opinion, but you then proceed to use someone else's opinion to challenge Ken's opinion. An interesting angle to say the least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement