Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I found SC's recent surprise interview with Richard Dunne a lot more interesting than the tripe Keane is happy to regurgitate for money.

From such a no nonsense player, to an absolute laughing stock as manager, coach and now pundit. The player Roy Keane would be sickened seeing current Keane even just turn up at a radio roadshow sponsored by a chocolate company, never mind actually seeming to enjoy it.

He was paid? I thought it was for some charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He was paid? I thought it was for some charity?

Ticket sales go to charity but Keane and Neville definitely would have been paid. As discussed Neville did the exact same gig for Cadburys last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

First time in recorded history that Roy Keane has been compared to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Barry Glendenning on GFW giving second captains the credit for comparing Phil Neville to David Brent. Everyone is doing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

corwill wrote: »
    I enjoy David Sneyd's contributions, insightful and with character, but without any agenda or 'very online' horse manure that I'm aware of.

He just talks about football without everything seemingly being part of some big narrative. From what I'm hearing he's not trying to make a name for himself by being 'that guy' he's just reporting on what he sees and seems like a sound lad.

Also, after just looking at his Twitter he looks absolutely nothing like I thought he would.

https://twitter.com/DavidSneyd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Nokotan wrote: »
    He just talks about football without everything seemingly being part of some big narrative. From what I'm hearing he's not trying to make a name for himself by being 'that guy' he's just reporting on what he sees and seems like a sound lad.

Also, after just looking at his Twitter he looks absolutely nothing like I thought he would.

https://twitter.com/DavidSneyd

The young fella makes me so angry.

Keane does a great interview.... Is there a more interesting footballer to listen to ?

Nope! He’s box office. He’s an arsehole but he’s box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Keane does a great interview.... Is there a more interesting footballer to listen to ?

Nope! He’s box office. He’s an arsehole but he’s box office.

Hmmm... Strange definition of box office. The majority of what he comes out with in these type of interviews is contradictory bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Box office means talking heartless bollocks and pissing all over your legacy as a player for a few quid from Cadburys?

Hmmm... Strange definition of box office. The majority of what he comes out with in these type of interviews is contradictory bull****.

Yeah but you can’t say it’s not entertaining. It’s two hours of ranting and raving. It’s box office. You don’t have to agree with the man. He’s great entertainment either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Yeah but you can’t say it’s not entertaining. It’s two hours of ranting and raving. It’s box office. You don’t have to agree with the man. He’s great entertainment either way.

We've very different definitions of what's entertaining/box office. And I say that someone who rates Keane as one of his favorite ever players.

We've very different definitions of what's entertaining/box office. And I say that someone who rates Keane as one of his favorite ever players.

I’m an arsenal fan myself but I can appreciate Keane was one of the best players to ever play the game. I stand by what I said, arsehole but entertaining. The two hours of that interview was riveting. I laughed, I cringed, I was entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Keane is genuinely quick witted...I have heard so many footballers on these road shows just regurgitate the same old story about a famous goal or game.... Keane always has something new to say..... Journalists act appalled, but for news papers and podcasts Keane is a dream for the content he creates #KenDreamsOfKeane

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

dulux99 wrote:
    Nah I disagree. Ken tries too hard to be right in those types of conversations and it can become confrontational - such as the Neville interview last year. I found Keane and Neville going back and forth themselves to be quite fascinating.

Exactly, Ken and Eoin can be challenging. Whereas, Joe and Nathan are accommodating. I would prefer an interviewer who challenge their guests, rather than comfort them. It's a personal preference though.

Keane - Neville exchange fascinating? Hardly. Truthfully, it was quite regurgitave and limp.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ken's maniacal laughter at the latest George Hamilton curse was great, liked Dion's rant about Keane as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Says so much about the people who are entertained by his drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Keane - Neville exchange fascinating? Hardly. Truthfully, it was quite regurgitave and limp.

Apologies for the tangent but I disagree about this bit. I thought it was quite revealing. Neville is critical of Keane in a way I didn’t expect. His take on the MUTV thing that led to Keane’s departure is basically “Roy was always a prick who said stupid things but he could get away with it when he was younger and better”

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Exactly, Ken and Eoin can be challenging. Whereas, Joe and Nathan are accommodating. I would prefer an interviewer who challenge their guests, rather than comfort them. It's a personal preference though.

It is down to preference. I would, as a United fan, prefer to listen to Keane and Neville go back and forth as opposed to Ken pushing his typical United hating agenda, which I hear often enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Damien delaney with some amount of nonsense on the pod yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Beersmith wrote: »
    Damien delaney with some amount of nonsense on the pod yesterday.

What was he saying ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

corwill wrote: »
    I enjoy David Sneyd's contributions, insightful and with character, but without any agenda or 'very online' horse manure that I'm aware of.

Always enjoy the contributions of Sneyd and Fanning on the Irish team. They dissect it in an honest way whilst articulating the frustrations of most supporters.

On the subject of the roadshow I understand Ken's frustration at trying to break down Keane's character. He was the ultimate tough man on the pitch but seems remarkably thin skinned off the pitch. His comments on Walters were uncomfortable and unbecoming. He lacks the basic empathy to be a successful manager of people yet seems completely unaware of it.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What was he saying ?

Im not falling for that NON-world service member!

Ken had a go at Neville for slagging off Joe Molloy on Twitter, just in case anyone thought there was any animosity between OTB and SC :D

https://twitter.com/kenearlys/status/1170294236576657408

Ken had a go at Neville for slagging off Joe Molloy on Twiiter, just in case anyone thought there was any animosity between OTB and SC :D

https://twitter.com/kenearlys/status/1170294236576657408

Well nevilles tweet was partly a dig at ken for last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

But, Gary, a lot of us are turning up just for Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Ken has jumped the shark with his constant obsession with David Luis, just because they share the same hair style.. If it is a joke then it has been flogged to death..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Anyone else devastated by Ken's lack of capitalisation in that Tweet?

Still Ill wrote: »
    Anyone else devastated by Ken's lack of capitalisation in that Tweet?

Ken never really uses capital letters in his tweets, it's odd.

Nokotan wrote: »
    Ken never really uses capital letters in his tweets, it's odd.

Yeah I've noticed this before and been irrationality bothered by it. He literally writes for a living and it's like he's using poor grammar on purpose. I've never felt brave enough to voice this concern to anyone for fear of looking like a very sad individual :D

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah I've noticed this before and been irrationality bothered by it. He literally writes for a living and it's like he's using poor grammar on purpose. I've never felt brave enough to voice this concern to anyone for fear of looking like a very sad individual :D

You're not alone...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement