Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Anyone using pocketcasts? Can't download any of this week's episodes with it.. even tried unsubscribe and resubscribe.. still no good

Keeps saying queued for download them download failed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Does anyone think Eoin's voice going funny while reading out Robert Troy's statement will be the next megamix.

Am I the only one who took an intake of breath when Gavan Casey mentioned people climbing Everest as a challenge, awful timing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The lads should make an audio bed supercut of Ken's "yeahs" as he struggled to keep up with the Annfield Wrap guys stream of non-stop chatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

lawred2 wrote: »
    Anyone using pocketcasts? Can't download any of this week's episodes with it.. even tried unsubscribe and resubscribe.. still no good

Having the same problem using Podcast Addict. Last refreshed podcast was 11 days ago.

• Advertisement

Having the same problem using Podcast Addict. Last refreshed podcast was 11 days ago.

Had to uninstall and reinstall the app - worked okay after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I saw on Twitter that Richie got married. Must not be together too long considering him talking about cancelling a first date when he messed up the Mick McCarthy interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Powerful interview today with Hannah Tyrell, the poor girl suffered a lot...glad she has pulled through her difficulties and is flying on the sporting scene now.

I feel there can never be enough of these style of interviews to raise awareness of these various kinds of mental issues, even if it helps just the one person who is struggling then it is worth it.

All the best to Hannah in her future personal and sporting career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The boxing coverage was decent enough of the Taylor/Joshua fights but you would miss Andy Lee. I see he is on OTB about it. Pity the lads didn't get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The boxing coverage was decent enough of the Taylor/Joshua fights but you would miss Andy Lee. I see he is on OTB about it. Pity the lads didn't get him.

Andy Lee was on OTB.

Presume we wont be hearing from him on Second Captains anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

threein99 wrote: »
    Andy Lee was on OTB.

Presume we wont be hearing from him on Second Captains anymore

I think he was working with OTB for a good while even though he was on with Seconds Captains too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Raoul wrote: »
    I think he was working with OTB for a good while even though he was on with Seconds Captains too.

He was doing that Game of Thrones Podcast as well with them, I wonder do they insist on him only appearing on their OTB.

Hes great to listen to so as long as he appears on one of them that'll do me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Speaking of OTB, it's really gone downhill again. There is zero craic, interaction and mostly terrible contributors (johnny Giles being the worst) Andy Lee is a plus for them.
    Don't get me started on the crappy quiz - that's for a different thread

Speaking of OTB, it's really gone downhill again. There is zero craic, interaction and mostly terrible contributors (johnny Giles being the worst) Andy Lee is a plus for them.

Amazes me that they are still doing that. The forced bantz is cringeworthy. I think OTB would benefit from Gilroy being moved on. OTB is very stale.

It's not just OTB but a lot of Newstalk's shows are badly past their sell by dates...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Once they became so heavily involved in Boylesports I zoned out. When they began to do gambling tutorials, advising newcomers how to get into gambling, I completely gave up. Absolutely disgusting carry on considering the epidemic of gambling addiction among their target audience.

I was at the recent Leinster 10 Year Celebration of their first Heineken Cup competition, in 2009. The MC was name checking all of the sponsors. I was bemused when he said '...and also, long-time supporter of Leinster Rugby, Newstalk's Off The Ball, and they are represented here tonight by Denis O'Brien.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Kevin kilbane and cunning ham are decent and they get some good contributors such as pat nevin and Ghrame hunter .... but the actual hosts and all that forced banter is beyond bad....they sound like they think that they are coming with grade A banter but it is pure poison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kevin kilbane and cunning ham are decent and they get some good contributors such as pat nevin and Ghrame hunter .... but the actual hosts and all that forced banter is beyond bad....they sound like they think that they are coming with grade A banter but it is pure poison

Graham Hunter has to be worst person on any show out there. Insufferable

He's about as welcome as a stale fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Is it just me or has there been a severe lack of GAA coverage so far? Hardly a peep about either of the championships, none of the big stories or previews/reviews really.

I mean, Offaly hurling is in free fall and they had Michael Duignan on regularly in the past, i’d love to hear his take on matters. Munster hurling championship has hardly been mentioned yet. Kerry struggle by Clare. Longford and Kildare was fascinating. Big games this weekend so assume Friday’s podcast will have some coverage but it has been wholly lacking in my opinion so far. Q

If Leinster were playing rugby, or Ireland in football (as it was today), you can’t breathe for all the analysis, insights and coverage from different pundits. Jut think they could do a little more with it in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Obrieski wrote: »
    Is it just me or has there been a severe lack of GAA coverage so far? Hardly a peep about either of the championships, none of the big stories or previews/reviews really.

I mean, Offaly hurling is in free fall and they had Michael Duignan on regularly in the past, i’d love to hear his take on matters. Munster hurling championship has hardly been mentioned yet. Kerry struggle by Clare. Longford and Kildare was fascinating. Big games this weekend so assume Friday’s podcast will have some coverage but it has been wholly lacking in my opinion so far. Q

If Leinster were playing rugby, or Ireland in football (as it was today), you can’t breathe for all the analysis, insights and coverage from different pundits. Jut think they could do a little more with it in my opinion

I love GAA, but it's painful listening to most pundits, players and managers.
    Just a load of nonsense punctuated with 'sure look' or 'listen'

With the exception of Oisin Mc who is excellent IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I don't think there has been a lack of GAA coverage, it's more so that when they do cover it there seems to be one story that dominates the conversation and they don't really touch on any other matches then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

"As the knowledgeable listeners to Off the Ball will already know............"

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

The week before last year’s final round of Super 8 games and the hurling semi-final replay there was no GAA coverage whatsoever. Doesn’t look like there was any today either? I’m not sure why they bother doing coverage at any stage during the year if this is how they approach it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

All you'll hear from Duignan is how they're too good to be where they are and the structures have failed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

All you'll hear from Duignan is how they're too good to be where they are and the structures have failed them.

Duignan is the biggest spoofer only matched by his fellow Offaly man Daithi Regan

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I remember people giving out about too much GAA last August, must drag up some of the last few posts here, if people start complaining about that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

I remember people giving out about too much GAA last August, must drag up some of the last few posts here, if people start complaining about that again!

Well there is some people on here that just want soccer and have no time for other sports

deisedude wrote: »
    Well there is some people on here that just want soccer and have no time for other sports

Most of their audience I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Arghus wrote: »
    Most of their audience I'd say.

It's a shame for them it's not a soccer-only podcast, so.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    It's a shame for them it's not a soccer-only podcast, so.

I'm in total agreement with you there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement