Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Not his fault he was asked the question by Eoin.

Jesus the nit picking here is crazy for a few lined answer which he actually just said they are both unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Didn't think Delaney was great on it either, his analysis of the Spurs games was even worse I thought. I sort of understand what he meant about Ronaldo/Messi but if he thinks Messi wouldn't have much impact playing for Waterford in the LOI then he's crazy. He'd run amok, same as Ronaldo would.

He used the phrase spins balls down the side quite a few times. And was talking about how Barca make it so hard by dominating the ball but Liverpool had more of it than Barca, I was convinced he hadnt seen the game at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just started this one. A warning: Man-U fans might want to give this one a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ken Early,

Sergio Busquets: He's like the three eyed raven, he see's it all but he doesn't move much...

That made me bust out laughing!

Ken Early,

Sergio Busquets: He's like the three eyed raven, he see's it all but he doesn't move much...

That made me bust out laughing!

Same :D

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Just started this one. A warning: Man-U fans might want to give this one a miss.

I'm a United fan and I've listened to it, they don't do the nauseating 'famous night at Anfield' rubbish you will hear in most other places analyzing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm delighted for The Pool (this version of them) and hope they enjoy the hell out if it.

But I don't need to hear about it any more.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm delighted for The Pool (this version of them) and hope they enjoy the hell out if it.

But I don't need to hear about it any more.
    Yeah, I didn't like the pool of Gerrard or Suarez, but I don't mind this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The players may change but the fans never do. I just hope Man City can hold up their end so there's not another two of these to come instead of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The players may change but the fans never do. I just hope Man City can hold up their end so there's not another two of these to come instead of one.

yerra from where I stand United fans are just as insufferable...

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »

Different cheeks of the same arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

lawred2 wrote: »

Please can we leave out the endless Man United v Liverpool bickering before it gets a foothold here too.

As someone who doesn't follow either side I can assure you it's the most boring and pointless football "debate" possible. The soccer forum is full of this frankly tragic stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Arghus wrote: »
    Please can we leave out the endless Man United v Liverpool bickering before it gets a foothold here too.

As someone who doesn't follow either side I can assure you it's the most boring and pointless football "debate" possible. The soccer forum is full of this frankly tragic stuff.

Yeah 30/40 something year old men who have familes and good jobs acting like ten year old children, it's bizarre.

I hate Liverpool but I am looking forward to hearing today's pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ken loves subtly paraphrasing that famous kevin keegan rant all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The football humour thread is the worst thread on boards. And that's saying something.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The football humour thread is the worst thread on boards. And that's saying something.

Some parts of it do make laugh every now and again, but a lot of it is so utterly lame that it hurts.

They should just sticky a thread at the top of the forum entitled "Liverpool vs Man U pissing contest" and just let them at it - some sort of Boards equivalent of a creche - and let everyone else live in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Don't quote me.. not in either camp.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haven't listened to today's yet, but tomorrow should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm no Man Utd fan but that was definitely one for me to give a miss.

The only Liverpool focused podcast I want to hear is a tribute one after the team bus has spontaneously combusted or got struck by lightning (or a train, I'm not fussy) :)

_

Ah here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Not even a big soccer fan anymore, really dont give too much of a **** - but cant wait to listen to the podcast currently downloading :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ken loves subtly paraphrasing that famous kevin keegan rant all the time!

He does LOVE IT!

Poor Ken seemed very hard on himself about the article he wrote this week, 'my smug and bewildered face' never heard of the journalist monkey, it's strangely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wonder would they do a GOT podcast? Would love to hear Kens take on the last few episodes

Wonder would they do a GOT podcast? Would love to hear Kens take on the last few episodes

I don't think he's been too impressed judging by his remarks here and there.

I'm with Ken on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

No mention of the europa league semis today. Bet they recorded it on Thursday.

We got three hours worth of Football over the last few days, does anyone really care enough about the Europa League?

Ken going through that Pochettino interview was gold, I think we should nearly start paying Diego Torres at this stage for the amount of entertainment he's given us via Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

bit off topic, the first few pages of this thread are mad. Crazy to see how peoples buying habits have changed so much.

also shout out to the posters saying that the ufc fighter interviewed in 2013 needs a new PR manager...:pac::pac:

And all the glee at their supposed downfall is hilarious in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Syferus wrote:
    Doomed to failure is springs to mind, especially if the Irish Times and the hosts don't get their act together very, very fast because they will be quickly forgotten about when the fanfare dies down.

'Doomed to failure'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

D.Q wrote: »
    bit off topic, the first few pages of this thread are mad. Crazy to see how peoples buying habits have changed so much.

also shout out to the posters saying that the ufc fighter interviewed in 2013 needs a new PR manager...:pac::pac:

Ha. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement