Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I liked Kens translation of the South American commentary of Origi's goal
    Arghus wrote: »
    I don't think he's been too impressed judging by his remarks here and there.

I'm with Ken on this one.

I think most are, that last episode was terrible. Worst. Episode. Ever

Old thread is funny. This is from 2012 and still 100% accurate

i'd agree with you on johnny giles as a least favourite guest. while his footballing knowledge will always be superior to mine, too much of his chat seems to involve 'back in my day' stuff.
    if he's asked about the shenanigans of a modern player, all we'd learn is that don revie or bill shankly wouldn't stand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

I enjoyed Eoin’s anecdote about Ken’s reaction to Newstalk getting the national radio licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

We got three hours worth of Football over the last few days, does anyone really care enough about the Europa League?

Ken going through that Pochettino interview was gold, I think we should nearly start paying Diego Torres at this stage for the amount of entertainment he's given us via Ken.

I thought they would mention it for 5min and maybe just talk about the whole thing of all English European finals.

Also today we have the PL coming down to the final day to decide the champion and not one mention of it. Bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Ya the way Friday's podcast was out so early they obviously recorded it Thursday just to cover the champions cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Sam Lee was interesting on the city transfer plans. Sounds like there might be a few interesting comings and goings

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"You can't get burnt out by your own personality?"

Ah, Ken, bless your innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

I enjoyed Eoin’s anecdote about Ken’s reaction to Newstalk getting the national radio licence.

When abouts was this. Missed it entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Guffy wrote: »
    When abouts was this. Missed it entirely

It was the one the day after the Spurs/Ajax game. They were chatting with Richie Sadlier about it, and specifically about the amount of players and managers crying on football pitches nowadays.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

"You can't get burnt out by your own personality?"

Ah, Ken, bless your innocence.

Couldn't believe Ken of all people came out with a statement like that, I like the mental image of Messi drinking a can of Coke while maintaining eye contact with Guardiola.

More of US Murph and his beloved bleeding Warriors, Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone else going to unsub over the summer? There's feck all to subscribe for really.

Don't know if I'll unsubscribe, but you'd wonder what they will do for content over the next few months, it's one of the dead summers with no international tournament. I don't know if I can listen to GAA talk for three months and pretend to myself that I actually give a sht.

Anyone else going to unsub over the summer? There's feck all to subscribe for really.

There'll be some good stuff still. 90% of what I want is soccer and I've absolutely zero interest in GAA, but they can have the tenner or whatever it is for the two months, it's well deserved imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It’s time for Ken to revisit the subject of UFO’s. Second Captains over the summer should be 75% UFO/inter-dimensional beings discussion and 25% general sport coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Unsubscribe for the sake of a fiver... Nah

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There will be plenty of transfer rumours and the ongoing FAI scandal for them to talk about over the summer, they'll probably do more niche historical pieces with more when they've more time to fill, while I like the coverage of the main sports you could set your watch by what they talk about, it's great when you think 'wow, I didn't know that' after one of their pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

... it's great when you think 'wow, I didn't know that' after one of their pods.

One of their big selling points, imho. There are rakes of sport-specific pods out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

When I haven't at this stage I probably won't bother for all it costs. Their GAA coverage is average and their domestic soccer coverage is dire, but there should be some good stuff among it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,429 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Quietish summer but it'd be a good chance to roll out some more players chair/interviews with sports people/administrators types of things, which seem to have all but disappeared.
    I'm not a major fan of any specific sport but I'd listen to the lads angle on any sport for the entertainment value alone. Even the GAA can bring up some good comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I kinda find them more valuable when there's nothing much on.

In the sense that I need something to fill the void left by football, so I'll take the lads talking about anything.

Edit: like that George Hamilton interview from a (good) while back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Copa America or god forbid another LOI podcast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

You've the Nations League, copa america, african cup of nations, not saying I'd be desperate to get updates on these but they usually come out with interesting stories about them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Definitely won't unsubscribe but will more than likely skip a few pods as I'm expecting a lot of GAA-central pods.

I think Ken should do some travel pods.

Definitely won't unsubscribe but will more than likely skip a few pods as I'm expecting a lot of GAA-central pods.

I think Ken should do some travel pods.

Ken going to the shops would probably end up being entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't know if I'll unsubscribe, but you'd wonder what they will do for content over the next few months, it's one of the dead summers with no international tournament. I don't know if I can listen to GAA talk for three months and pretend to myself that I actually give a sht.

Even the rugby world cup isn't until September. Not much on apart from GAA really. Doubt I'll unsubscribe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ken going to the shops would probably end up being entertaining.

curb music intensifies

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Saw on twitter a few days ago they liked a tweet from a man who mentioned that he was listening to the pod from Everest base camp.

Sadly turns out it was Seamus Lawless who’s still missing. Nice touch from the lads to tweet out they’re thinking of him and his family. Poor guy. Hope the search is a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭bamayang

Raisins wrote: »
    Saw on twitter a few days ago they liked a tweet from a man who mentioned that he was listening to the pod from Everest base camp.

Sadly turns out it was Seamus Lawless who’s still missing. Nice touch from the lads to tweet out they’re thinking of him and his family. Poor guy. Hope the search is a success.

Saw that, bit of a pity a lot of people didn’t realise the context of the message and were making jokes about Wi-Fi on Everest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

bamayang wrote: »
    Saw that, bit of a pity a lot of people didn’t realise the context of the message and were making jokes about Wi-Fi on Everest.

Was he missing at the time they made the jokes?

• Advertisement

Was he missing at the time they made the jokes?

I'm sure they weren't aware of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement