Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Where are you from, pal?

West Dublin, if that's what you are getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Where are you from, pal?

West Dublin, if that's what you are getting at.

Yeah it was, pal. Nice one, bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

That LOI/Daily Mail journo irritates me on Miguel Delaney levels. Not a fan.

agreed. he's some arselicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Strange. I thought he came across as quite an affable chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That LOI/Daily Mail journo irritates me on Miguel Delaney levels. Not a fan.

I thought he was ok, but I really dislike Miguel Delaney. He's the only contributor that I actually skip past no matter what he's talking about.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I thought he was ok, but I really dislike Miguel Delaney. He's the only contributor that I actually skip past no matter what he's talking about.

Why exactly? I am a bit neutral on most journos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

The only contributor on any podcast that I absolutely cannot stand, to the point of skipping past them every time, is Graham Hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads why do so many dislike Miguel Delaney? Is he a spoofer or something? Never found him irritable at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Tennis podcast woman was good. I'd like to hear more from her in future.

Put me down as someone who has no problem with/likes Miguel. He does know his stuff and is easy to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Rugby chat usually bores the absolute arse off me, but I thought Donnacha Ryan was good yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ken has well and truly outed murph as a Man-U fan at this stage, again on Monday. Wonder what the story was with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ken has well and truly outed murph as a Man-U fan at this stage, again on Monday. Wonder what the story was with that?
    Prob sick of Murph being delighted with Utd's upturn in results. Surprised didnt dig back about Ken supporting Pool

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Prob sick of Murph being delighted with Utd's upturn in results. Surprised didnt dig back about Ken supporting Pool

Ken has been a bit of d*ck lately about Utd - happy to spend ages covering them when Jose was struggling but barely a mention out of him when Utd are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Murph has always openly supported Man Utd. It's the other two have been much more guarded.
    tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Ken has been a bit of d*ck lately about Utd - happy to spend ages covering them when Jose was struggling but barely a mention out of him when Utd are doing well.

Jose's cretinous behaviour this season was classic material for Ken's newsround. Other than acknowledging that Solskjaer has got off to a good start - what else is there to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Jose was the target in all that, it was the same when he went to pieces at Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭iancairns

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Hope they use David Snyed more for the Irish football scene. Dion fanning has his own pod now so let him run his mouth on that and leave Mr. answer a question with a question on the players chair.
    Agreed. Thought he was great. Never heard Ken as engaged or in agreement with a footy journo on SC in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Lads why do so many dislike Miguel Delaney? Is he a spoofer or something? Never found him irritable at all.
    He's a pure spoofer. Never says anything interersting, talks in generalities and appears to be a complete pr**k if his twitter is anything to go by.

I literally skip the second I hear them introduce him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think Ken is just more interested in characters rather than teams. He spent another long 15 minutes on his other favourite subject, Neymar, on last Thursday's pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think Ken is just more interested in characters rather than teams. He spent another long 15 minutes on his other favourite subject, Neymar, on last Thursday's pod.

And Neymar appears to be injured until April so Ken is going to be stuck for material! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What podcast number was the Snyed lad on? I was doing lots of skipping so must have missed him. Was he on about the domestic game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

But characters are what make the game interesting

Teams after for sticker books

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

What podcast number was the Snyed lad on? I was doing lots of skipping so must have missed him. Was he on about the domestic game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

He was on about Luke Kelly's love of football, but then suck around for some general football chat.

Gerry Thornley loves nothing more than sandwiching the term "ebb and flow" into a chat about a rugby match. Bloody loves it he does.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Gerry Thornley loves nothing more than sandwiching the term "ebb and flow" into a chat about a rugby match. Bloody loves it he does.

That mans voice is like nails on a chalk board to me

Footoo wrote: »
    He's a pure spoofer. Never says anything interersting, talks in generalities and appears to be a complete pr**k if his twitter is anything to go by.

I literally skip the second I hear them introduce him.

Do you judge everyone by how they appear on the cesspool that is Twitter ?

threein99 wrote: »
    That mans voice is like nails on a chalk board to me

If I didn't already know what he looked like, I would have guessed this was probably him on the right ;

https://twitter.com/alankealy/status/1084099724867788802?s=09

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

He's got a few stock phrases including
    - ebb and flow ("of psychic energy" often gets tacked on).
    - Top Quatorze
    - fait accompli
    - callow bench / <position>
    - coaching ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

XYZ is a factor
    Certainly favour Y over Z

• Advertisement

If I didn't already know what he looked like, I would have guessed this was probably him on the right ;

https://twitter.com/alankealy/status/1084099724867788802?s=09

I wold have pictured him as the Ross O Carroll Kelly character

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement