Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd say the Monday podcast could be because the Internationals are tomorrow. Had they recorded tomorrow, any match previews would be pretty much redundant in a couple of hours; before many downloaders would've listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,116 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Football show at six too. Brilliant, i can listen to it on the way to five a side: the way it's meant to be.

Excellent, assumed they'd be combining the two today...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I enjoyed Ken's rant about West of Ireland rituals and customs at the end of yesterday's podcast (the first one).

It was Partridge-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I really have to say I think the lads are starting to hit their stride. The underage coach interview was very similar to the smaller stories they used to do on OTB. I thought it was a very good interview on a topic that doesn't get much coverage nationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Yeah the two coaches they spoke to were very insightful about the whole process,definitely one of the more interesting feature's they've had since the podcast started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Show seems to be late goin up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Show seems to be late goin up today.

Possibly because of the live show last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

1st one is up. It's a bit shorter than usual - must of been a few sore heads today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Anyone listened to the football show yet?Ken compared Luis Suarez to Blanca from Street Fighter II.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Anyone listened to the football show yet?Ken compared Luis Suarez to Blanca from Street Fighter II.

Ha, haven't listened yet. Don't think that's the first time Ken's mentioned Blanka. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Show has been of very high quality of late, no noticeable drop in quality with the distraction of TV shows, which is nice. No ads in the show though, was that just a 1-week trial I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Swan Curry wrote: »

Genius.

That was gas. McDevitt then goes on to compare Stevie G to E. Honda. Doesnt really do anything, but when his one move - "hundred hand slap"- comes out, it's game over.

Second Captains ‏@SecondCaptains 9m Fear not, you'll get your fix of Second Captains goodness today- first show coming in the near future...And Second Capts Football to follow!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone noticed that Murph has sounded decidedly rough on the Thursday podcasts over the past two weeks?

Someone's been enjoying the SCL show a bit too much... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

there was a mention of LOI for about 15 seconds yesterday on the first podcast. finally.

Moyes getting the Man U job blew a big hole in Alladici's poor little englander me theory, so it was kind of relevant. And Ravel Morrison was kicked out of united by Fergie.

David Moyes was always going to be under the spotlight this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

in one podcast they devoted nearly a half hour to talking about Gaelic football which I had absolutely no interest in listening to for that length of time but the rest of it was entertaining as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ken's Mick McCarthy story might be the best thing I've ever heard on podcast. Still pishing 20 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

What is it with Ken and Roy Keane? Every week Ken talks about Roy as if he was a god. Roy was a magnificent player, but this adulation of him every week is getting a bit tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

sigmundv wrote: »
    What is it with Ken and Roy Keane? Every week Ken talks about Roy as if he was a god. Roy was a magnificent player, but this adulation of him every week is getting a bit tiresome.

I dint mind it, it breaks up the Johnny Sexton book talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's a shame Simon Hick didn't manage to pull off the Garry Kasparov/Frank Bruno Live Double Header Roadshow, that would have been epic.

Maybe someday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

If they started a fundraiser and promised to shave Ken's head once they reached their goal,I'd consider donating.

Overall,this week's podcasts were great.The highlight was definitely the Seán Óg Ó'Hailpín interview,Eoin is a fantastic interviewer.Murph's absence was quite noticeable though,especially in the bits between each part of the podcasts.It just goes to show how important they are as a team.

Obviously McDevitt and Ken are the greatest, but the first few minutes of the most recent one with Murph and Mark "The Mikey Graham of The Second Captains" were hilarious.

the football podcast on thursday was brutal. almost an hour of plamasing eamonn dunphy (and vice versa) with no news at all. looking forward to the return of ken early this week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

the football podcast on thursday was brutal. almost an hour of plamasing eamonn dunphy (and vice versa) with no news at all. looking forward to the return of ken early this week.

I liked the talk with Dunphy, but the podcast definitely missed Early a lot.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I liked the talk with Dunphy, but the podcast definitely missed Early a lot.

it was the second time they've had him on to talk about his early days. i wish they called him up on some of the shyte he comes out with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was listening to Tuesdays podcast earlier and thought it was brilliant when they were talking about what music should be played during a rugby match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Murph is grand and everything, BUT was there really any need to involve him in the Football Show. His pointless interjections were mildly annoying last week, now they are really starting to annoy me. The Football Show wasn't broke, so...etc...etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Yeah,leave him to his GAA and the stupid Pierce Brosnan shíte on the normal show,don't want to hear him on the football show at all tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement