Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Ospreys, Friday 03rd May 19:45, TG4/S4C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

dub_skav wrote: »
    Is it not impossible for Leinster to play Ospreys?
    Leinster win means Ospreys cannot qualify, Ospreys win means Leinster cannot finish top

Correct, good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yes (assuming Ulster also win).

If Ulster were to lose at home to Cardiff (unlikely), a win for Leinster would mean topping the table and a home semi against either Scarlets or Ospreys (but 99% chance it will be Scarlets). Neither Scarlets nor Ospreys can finish higher than fourth.

If both Leinster and Ulster lose, Glasgow could top the table but will need to earn four more match points than Ulster tonight (i.e. if Ulster got losing BP, Glasgow would need a winning BP).

It's hard to see past a semi-final line-up of:
    Ulster v Scarlets
    Leinster v Glasgow or Glasgow v Leinster.

The only way that Ospreys can make the top 4 is by beating Leinster and hoping that Scarlets lose at home to Treviso. They are 4 points behind Scarlets so they need a TBP win and for Scarlets to get, at most, a LBP. If they end up even on points then they'll be even on wins but Ospreys have scored more tries so they'll go ahead based on that. There is no way that Ospreys can lose and make the top 4.

The SFs will almost certainly be as you've called them. The only real variable is whether Leinster are home or away. Scarlets are too far behind Leinster and Glasgow to overtake either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Really looking forward to this now. Can't wait for KO. This game is almost as good as knock out rugby considering what's at stake. There's also a few Lions on both team sheets so you'd imagine there'll be that extra spark to impress..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Yes time to put Leinsters bogey team to the sword once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

can I ask a quick question - thinking of going to this game but haven't been to the RDS before, on ticketmaster both the North and South Stands are divided up into a lower and very small upper section, why is this? Just because the higher up you are the better is it? Is the view from both North and South sides equally good? There are tickets available for both the bottom section of the South Stand and for the upper section of the North stand - would I be better off going for the upper section of the North Stand? Are these North and South Stands seated?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

mystic86 wrote: »
    can I ask a quick question - thinking of going to this game but haven't been to the RDS before, on ticketmaster both the North and South Stands are divided up into a lower and very small upper section, why is this? Just because the higher up you are the better is it? Is the view from both North and South sides equally good? There are tickets available for both the bottom section of the South Stand and for the upper section of the North stand - would I be better off going for the upper section of the North Stand? Are these North and South Stands seated?

Thanks!

it's only split to make things easier for ticketmaster. there is no actually no upper or lower section. So if you get a ticket in the South stand you can sit anywhere there

it's only split to make things easier for ticketmaster. there is no actually no upper or lower section. So if you get a ticket in the South stand you can sit anywhere there

Thanks, and is the view from both North and South souths the same ya? And are they both seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Thanks, and is the view from both North and South souths the same ya? And are they both seated?

ye both the same sort of view and both seated, I would always pick the south stand though as it is the side the players come out on

Exactly the same. I usually prefer sitting in the North stand when I've a choice tho, just because the sun sets behind you, kinda, and the screen is positioned so you can see it if you sit in the right spot... although they've moved the positioning of the screen so i'm not sure of that anymore.

Thanks guys, where is the ticketmaster box office located?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, where is the ticketmaster box office located?

If you walk down Anglesea road (from ballsbridge) you take the first turn into the RDS, you'll see a little cottage kinda building to your right, plus a que probably. Just ask any of the stewards around but just make sure you head towards Anglesea road otherwise it's a trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

I have a spare ticket for the south stand if anyone is stuck. Can't seem to enter it into the exchange system for STH. PM me if ya want it.....

The rain is holding off, but wind is picking up. Decent conditions for a bit of running rugby...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

There's talk that boss is out. Step forward luke McGrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Think I heard there in my broken Irish that Luke is starting, dunno whether that means Cooney is remaining on bench or if Paddy O'Driscoll is on the bench or something. Boss is injured.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Joe confirms that Luke is starting, not sure why Cooney isn't starting or who is on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jordi Murphy on the bench instead of Ryan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Can't wait to see McGrath in action. SOB at 8 should be interesting too considering the upcoming Lions tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

It figures that this one is the Ospreys. Gutted I can't be there and have to watch it on a computer streaming Tg4....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Is anyone getting English commentary on S4C?

• Advertisement

Cooney is on the bench

Is anyone getting English commentary on S4C?

I tried SC4 online but was getting something I understood less than Tg4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I am NOT going to complain here about the lack of English on TG4 (as to do so would be against the charter), BUT:

Two matches are being televised on Irish television with Irish provinces playing in them tonight; one on English Language telly, and one on Irish language telly.

Leinster has a population of 2.5 million, of whom 1,771 live in a Gaeltacht area. That's 0.07%, less than one tenth of one percent.

Connacht has a pop of about half a million, of whom 59,793 live in Gaeltacht areas. That's 11%.

Surely it would have made more sence to swap the fixtures around, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Nice break by Sexton there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Lol, nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

wow... bad bad bad defence there.

McFadden is on fire with those little chips these days!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I am NOT going to complain here about the lack of English on TG4 (as to do so would be against the charter), BUT:

Two matches are being televised on Irish television with Irish provinces playing in them tonight; one on English Language telly, and one on Irish language telly.

Leinster has a population of 2.5 million, of whom 1,771 live in a Gaeltacht area. That's 0.07%, less than one tent of one percent.

Connacht has a pop of about half a million, of whom 59,793 live in Gaeltacht areas. That's 11%.

Surely it would have made more sence to swap the fixtures around, wouldn't it?
    fixtures work on a pick system and I'd guess that TG4 have first pick this year

If you told TG4 that they could only broadcast Connacht I doubt they would renew their contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Blut2

My UPC box keeps advising me to press the red button at the moment, am I right in assuming theres still no English red button commentary available and this is just some awful attempt to get my hopes up? :( Can't seem to find any option for it poking around the red button menus...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

nuts! Conway finished it well though

Advertisement