Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2014?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tk09aag

So we are going to get an email, a text and the offer will go on our CAO application page? All around the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rc11

tk09aag wrote: »
    So we are going to get an email, a text and the offer will go on our CAO application page? All around the same time?

Do we get a text? I just spoke to the cao and she said it's an on our cao account if we have an offer at 6am sharp. She also said she hasn't heard the number was applications was down this year but I'm nearly sure I read that here somewhere! The wait is horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blue_Zebra

Spoke to the CAO office there and the offer letters are being posted at some point this afternoon and then everything will go online at 6am tomorrow morning!

This wait is killing me!

It will be like GAMSAT results all over again! Who is up for a stampede on the outgoing post from the CAO this evening??!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

I tried every way to get any info out of the guy over the phone but all I got was 'the results usually stay roughly the same'. Everything he said was very generic and nothing to read into!

No idea about the email and text but definitely online at 6!

Nice call Blue Zebra, I'll start making the torches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Points predictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 frosty_11

Hey guys, good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Quick question..

If you are not fortunate enough to receive an offer tomorrow will you still receive a letter informing you of this and will your cao application page change its message from what is currently there? Also, will it be possible to ascertain the cut off points so you can predict if you have a chance of getting in during round 1?(for example if you miss out due to random selection in round zero!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

Points predictions
    UCD - 58
    RCSI - 57
    UCC - 56
    UL - 54

The wait is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Cathal1992 wrote: »
    Points predictions
    UCD - 58
    RCSI - 57
    UCC - 56
    UL - 54

The wait is killing me

That identical to last year?

Nope, UL was 53 last year! Is it likely to go back up to 54?

Unlikely! It'll stay the same or go down! I looked at number of applicants in 2012, 2013 and 2014. There was a decrease of about 1000 between 12 and 13 which resulted in lower gamsat cut offs. There was a decrease in applicants again this year from last year uh about 800 ( I know this is an overall number for undergrad and grad students).
    The other point is the graphs for this year and last year, they are almost identical with minor differences between the two in some results but overall they arevery very similar!

So I reckon it'll be exactly the same if not lower.

If anyone would like to share something about predictions... Please do and help relieve the anxiety of everyone lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

I pulled those numbers out of the air tbh. I really don't know anymore. All along I expected em to stay roughly the same though... I hope that's the case !

Cathal1992 wrote: »
    I pulled those numbers out of the air tbh. I really don't know anymore. All along I expected em to stay roughly the same though... I hope that's the case !

I hope they stay exactly the same too. Th wait is killing me nice and slowly! Haha I just hope I get an offer; might die otherwise lol

tk09aag wrote: »
    Unlikely! It'll stay the same or go down! I looked at number of applicants in 2012, 2013 and 2014. There was a decrease of about 1000 between 12 and 13 which resulted in lower gamsat cut offs. There was a decrease in applicants again this year from last year uh about 800 ( I know this is an overall number for undergrad and grad students).
    The other point is the graphs for this year and last year, they are almost identical with minor differences between the two in some results but overall they arevery very similar!

So I reckon it'll be exactly the same if not lower.

If anyone would like to share something about predictions... Please do and help relieve the anxiety of everyone lol

Are you sure the number of applicants is down? They didn't seem to think so when I rang the cao earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

That's what was said in the Irish Times and on the UCD website a few moths ago, but it didn't distinguish between undergrad and grad med!

Please Jebus just let them stay the same!

Rc11 wrote: »
    Are you sure the number of applicants is down? They didn't seem to think so when I rang the cao earlier.

The overall number of applicants: undergrad+ grad med is down by over 800 I think. This is on the Cao website under media and stat :). Potentially that number could be: 1) all grad med 2) undergrad or 3) a mix of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HopefulGEM

Less than 11 hours ahh! Best of luck to everyone! I hope nothing's wrong with my application!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 I_Shot_JR_1986

I'm going to pretend I've already got in with my 54 for UL. I can't handle hitting refresh at 6am after staying up all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DroghedaTutor

This is like Christmas Eve except I'm not sure Santy is going to come ... CAO should really sell popcorn and movies ... anyone else got UL first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HopefulGEM

I was only thinking it's like Xmas eve! I can't sleep:/

I'm going to have a roaring weekend if this works out. Anyone going to Castlepalousa? :-)

• Advertisement

I'm going to have a roaring weekend if this works out. Anyone going to Castlepalousa? :-)

I'm feeling really old now. I don't even know what Castlepalousa is. Well that's another benefit of going back to school. I'll get re educated on what's hip and now :)

Am also lying here wondering if I should just try and sleep.

You might also learn about "hip" replacements....

Actually seeing as I've a captive audience ... If anyone is looking for UL accommodation, message me.

I've rented a house beside campus. Have one GEM housemate already. Looking for a third.

House available to view from next week.

And end of the ad break ... and back to regular programming aka waiting, drumming our fingers.

You might also learn about "hip" replacements....

Looking at your screen name Jr, I take it your 28 ... god, what was I doing ten years ago at your age? Living in Tokyo, dating Kazuo, about to hop on the trans siberian ... memories ... sing it Barbra ...

so what's your soon to be old day job Jr?

38! I feel sillypuling the ejector cord on my career at 28 . Fair play to you.
    I was a project Engineer in Perth last year. Nice salary and all that but after I settled in, the job was vapid.
    What are you leaving?

I'm sticking on a movie anyway. I can't sleep now. I'm confident pts will drop based on chit-chat here but bad news will be a tough pill to swallow after the last year.

best of luck everybody.

38! I feel sillypuling the ejector cord on my career at 28 . Fair play to you.
    I was a project Engineer in Perth last year. Nice salary and all that but after I settled in, the job was vapid.
    What are you leaving?

I'm sticking on a movie anyway. I can't sleep now. I'm confident pts will drop based on chit-chat here but bad news will be a tough pill to swallow after the last year.

best of luck everybody.

I'm leaving nothing, well nothing that is that interesting now ... 15 years hr/finance including 5 years as a trailing expat spouse to my ex husband who ran off with his ex girlfriend two years ago = my big wake up call to finally put myself first and return to get what i've wanted for 20 years ... my med degree.

And yes, i did say return. I had a place 20 years ago but dropped out due to the sudden death of a parent. I was young without guidance, what can i say. Doesn't matter now. All i want is a second chance.

I'm looking forward to hearing classmates stories (if i get in)

omg ..are we still in limboland? Yip but only two and a half hours left.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lub

This is like Christmas Eve except I'm not sure Santy is going to come ... CAO should really sell popcorn and movies ... anyone else got UL first choice?
    Oh you are so right with that! I kept having those 'Santa lost his sleigh/got lost/forgot MY presents' dreams, except with CAO scenarios. I even had a dream in which all of the hopefuls were waiting outside an office to hear the results, and when it came time I wasn't allowed in because I was holding a dog. A DOG! Come on, brain, pull yourself together!

Not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 extinctspecies

Goodluck everybody!

Lub wrote: »
    Oh you are so right with that! I kept having those 'Santa lost his sleigh/got lost/forgot MY presents' dreams, except with CAO scenarios. I even had a dream in which all of the hopefuls were waiting outside an office to hear the results, and when it came time I wasn't allowed in because I was holding a dog. A DOG! Come on, brain, pull yourself together!

Not long now!

Ah Lub, thanks for makin' me laf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Robgreen87

BOOOOOM got UL!!! Good luck all

Advertisement