Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

Noticed WIMS on 88.1 and 94.3 Also WIMS+ on dab in the car in the Kildare area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's a temp station. Walk In My Shoes. Will be on all next week over various frequencies.

They are also on 99.5 in Bray, but I see Heat FM ate still on air so that could be an issue.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Re-using the Xmas FM frequencies, 88.1 is from Saggart. 94.3 from Three Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I think that Dublin pirates should stay away from the following frequencies because of their proximity to temporary stations: 88.1, 94.3, 99.3-99.6 and 107.8. Otherwise, they have to keep shutting down temporarily or relocating temporarily. I think they need to start looking for some forgotten frequencies which might be okay in some parts of Dublin, depending on the strength of their signals.

105.7 is a real mush now with around Liffey Valley/Lucan. Two operators on the same frequency. Kiss FM (seems to be on/off) and the long running relay of No. 1 FM.

• Advertisement

I think that Dublin pirates should stay away from the following frequencies because of their proximity to temporary stations: 88.1, 94.3, 99.3-99.6 and 107.8. Otherwise, they have to keep shutting down temporarily or relocating temporarily. I think they need to start looking for some forgotten frequencies which might be okay in some parts of Dublin, depending on the strength of their signals.

Well, we can see why Nineties went to all the effort now to move from 88.1 once Tonik closed down. 88.1 was a clearer frequency, but it was worth the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

marno21 wrote: »
    Re-using the Xmas FM frequencies, 88.1 is from Saggart. 94.3 from Three Rock

might as well list the rest of the frequencies too for WIMS:

Dublin 94.3
    Cork 106.7
    Limerick 105.5
    Wexford / east Waterford 103.8
    Galway 89.5
    Kildare 88.1
    Bray 99.5
    Cavan 99.4
    Longford 101.6,
    RDS: PS= " WIMS " PI=20C4

Was wondering if there is a station with the call letters WIMS in the USA, and yes there is a station WIMS in Michigan City, Indiana on AM 1420

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Stasi 2.0

Is 99.2 usable in Dublin ?

Can't be many clear slots left 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Redlake

I believe Newstalk are now on 107.2 from Athlone, a new transmiiter to cover the town. This may interfere with NonStop90's to the west of Dublin.

Yes. Ninties is poor lately around where I am (Leixlip).

• Advertisement

Non-Stop Ninties is to... stop. They plan to close down at the end of the month. They say they will apply for a licence. Message is posted on their FB page.

Redlake wrote: »
    I believe Newstalk are now on 107.2 from Athlone, a new transmiiter to cover the town. This may interfere with NonStop90's to the west of Dublin.

How much power does it take to cover Athlone (in mono)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

107.2 also has NT from Mt Leinster, which in any event is going to be present to an extent in north Kildare etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does anyone know why one or two of the pirates only broadcast at night? Is it to not draw attention to themselves?

That and the fact that its probably easier to find staff to do evening shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Rock Solid

Stasi 2.0 wrote: »
    Is 99.2 usable in Dublin ?

Can't be many clear slots left 😞

ITT FM Use 99.1 from Tallaght IT. Also they like to leave a blank carrier on for days or weeks after their licenced dates ! They often switch on the TX at random times.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    they like to leave a blank carrier on for days or weeks after their licenced dates ! They often switch on the TX at random times.

Doesnt that mean they're technically pirates ☺

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Does anyone know why one or two of the pirates only broadcast at night? Is it to my draw attention to themselves?

Yes that's correct, Comreg often been known to be out and about from 8am weekdays. Better to broadcast at night and weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Redlake wrote: »

Yes, used to have fairly good coverage with Non-Stop 90's up to about Kill outbound on the N7.

Now I struggle to pick it up past Newland's Cross outbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭kazoo106

If your having trouble with nonstop 90's at newlands cross - then clearly you have a defective radio !

• Advertisement

kazoo106 wrote: »
    If your having trouble with nonstop 90's at newlands cross - then clearly you have a defective radio !

Bad in Rathcoole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

kazoo106 wrote: »

It's flawless once I'm over the flyover and on the Dublin side of Newland's Cross.

From Exit 5 to about Citywest inbound I can make out Non-Stop 90s but there's regular cut-in from Newstalk for most of that journey.

Happens on more than one radio as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Before you come into the shadow of the Dublin Mountains, Newstalk on 107.2 is always going to be an issue on the N7 corridor, especially if you have a not so sensitive radio.

It would be ideal if a audit was done of the whole band nationwide and try to tidy up the sprawl of all the relays.

But radio spectrum usage is supposed to be "carefully planned" by our wonderful regulator ?

Stasi 2.0 wrote: »
    But radio spectrum usage is supposed to be "carefully planned" by our wonderful regulator ?

Very true Spirit on 549am is being wiped out at night while 567am is clear, 252Lw is also being lashed out of it by another Lw station the other side of the Mediterranean. The idea of all these relays is to keep pirates off the air.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Very true Spirit on 549am is being wiped out at night while 567am is clear, 252Lw is also being lashed out of it by another Lw station the other side of the Mediterranean. The idea of all these relays is to keep pirates off the air.
    Is Spirit still being hammered ever since Deutschlandfunk left 549?

Is Spirit still being hammered ever since Deutschlandfunk left 549?

Not as much, seems that something else is there, weak signal anyway.

Who will be the first to grab a hold of 105.2 come October 26th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

I say it be 8 radio. or non stop 90s I see non stop 90s are looking to get a linnce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

wonder will the next temp get 105.2 as a frequency - expect Easy or Rince to go for it otherwise - 107.1 will also be available

Advertisement