Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Gold (UK) a big signal on 1548 khz -- due to a directional antenna "fault" apparently !
    No more Radio City Talk from Liverpool on 1548kHz is def a big help there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Noticed that there is an approx 2 second audio lag between KCLR's main transmitters 96.6 and 96.9 (the Carlow 96.9 is ahead of the Kilkenny 96.6 transmitter) . This hadn't been the case in the past. Obviously could be annoying for motorists in areas with RDS AF jumps between transmitters for either county

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Antenna wrote: »
    Noticed that there is an approx 2 second audio lag between KCLR's main transmitters 96.6 and 96.9 (the Carlow 96.9 is ahead of the Kilkenny 96.6 transmitter) . This hadn't been the case in the past. Obviously could be annoying for motorists in areas with RDS AF jumps between transmitters for either county

Noticed that recently when I was on holidays down there. They were also doing opt out programming .. one county getting a GAA match and a music show airing elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

94.3 in Dublin is relaying Real FM (Spain).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

JDxtra wrote: »

Fuerteventura, with currently an Irish presenter on. Also on 1395 AM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

will give it a listen on the way home

Fuerteventura, with currently an Irish presenter on. Also on 1395 AM

Some very familiar voices on there too 😜 good to hear them!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

You cannot believe my excitement when I heard the advert that said there was a low cost pool cleaning service in the area, my disappointment I couldn't contain when it stated the service was available in the back-arse of Fuerteventura :mad:

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    You cannot believe my excitement when I heard the advert that said there was a low cost pool cleaning service in the area, my disappointment I couldn't contain when it stated the service was available in the back-arse of Fuerteventura :mad:

I know of a cheap locksmiths in Finglas if that helps at all 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

TallGlass2 wrote: »

Mollys Irish Bar sounds a bit of craic "Top of the mornin' to ya"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Some notables as I listened in on Three Rock; wah ah!
    • 87.6 Chill FM.
    • 88.1 BBC Radio 2.
    • 89.5 St. Ita's Hospital Radio. Loud and it sounded as if it was live today.
    • 92.0 Retro FM.
    • 94.3 A Blank Carrier, as Pete Reed would say, doncha know :)
    • 94.5 Radio Ulster, from the BBC.
    • 96.0 ABC 80's. Or at least I think that is what the RDS said for a brief minute as it is being literally walloped by BBC Radio 4, who are also on 96.0 and are strong enough today to give RDS and a signal lock in Tallaght.
    • 99.7 BBC Radio 1, who were also strong on 97.9.
    • 99.5 Energy AM relay. Live all day.
    • 99.9 Classic FM. Literally wiping out any hope of East Coast's Saggart relay from spilling into the Dublin area.
    • 105.2 Retro Now. All we need here is Now FM to return and things could get really confusing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Some notables as I listened in on Three Rock; wah ah!
    • 87.6 Chill FM.
    • 88.1 BBC Radio 2.
    • 89.5 St. Ita's Hospital Radio. Loud and it sounded as it was live today.
    • 92.0 Retro FM.
    • 94.3 A Blank Carrier, as Pete Reed would say, doncha know :)
    • 94.5 Radio Ulster, from the BBC.
    • 96.0 ABC 80's. Or at least I think that is what the RDS said for a brief minute as it is being literally walloped by BBC Radio 4, who are also on 96.0 and are strong enough today to give RDS and a signal lock in Tallaght.
    • 99.7 BBC Radio 1, who were also strong on 99.7.
    • 99.5 Energy AM relay. Live all day.
    • 99.9 Classic FM. Literally wiping out any hope of East Coast's Saggart relay from spilling into the Dublin area.
    • 105.2 Retro Now. All we need here is Now FM to return and things could get really confusing :pac:

Around Ballinteer and Dundrum, Real FM was being relayed loud and clear on 94.3 all day today, as indeed it was yesterday. Energy AM was on 1395 kh on the Medium Wave, returning to its own programming after its seemingly identical relay of Real FM yesterday. Incidentally, Brian Kelly of Energy AM was the teatime presenter on Real FM yesterday!

Nothing today in Dublin. Hot have a carrier but no audio.

What's Cork like - any pirates on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Nothing today in Dublin. Hot have a carrier but no audio.

What's Cork like - any pirates on air?

there are a few in cork, power 87 and true being the main ones with city view being on i believe some evenings. not sure if global is still on 104.9 either.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

there are a few in cork, power 87 and true being the main ones with city view being on i believe some evenings. not sure if global is still on 104.9 either.

Global is now on FreeDAB but not FM, on FM there are the stations you mention as well as Caroline on weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles2020

Club Fm are back on 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Was listening this afternoon at 1.30pm today as i Scanned the band came across a very weak broadcast on 107.1 (playing Dance Music) wile i Located in the clondalkin area sounded very Shabby and over Modulated broadcast i Continued to listen it was a very bad Signal then at around 4.30 it was blocked by a very storng carrier for 30 seconds audio came and RDS as Club Fm but also the other broadcast was still there for maybe 15 minutes.
    There were definitely two on 107.1 today Club being the Strongest by a long way.
    If Im right saying someone thought it was a good idea to go on 107.1 and it didnt go to plan.
    Club fm posted on there FB Quote 107.1 Fm The Home of Club Fm Dublin
    When they returned...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Glad the guys are back. Nice to have some decent pirates back on the airwaves. Seems to be hard for them to stay on air compared to the 90s. ComReg must be more active or something.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cork tonight

Power 87 87.5
    True FM 87.8
    CityView 97.6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Was listening this afternoon at 1.30pm today as i Scanned the band came across a very weak broadcast on 107.1 (playing Dance Music) wile i Located in the clondalkin area sounded very Shabby and over Modulated broadcast i Continued to listen it was a very bad Signal then at around 4.30 it was blocked by a very storng carrier for 30 seconds audio came and RDS as Club Fm but also the other broadcast was still there for maybe 15 minutes.
    There were definitely two on 107.1 today Club being the Strongest by a long way.
    If Im right saying someone thought it was a good idea to go on 107.1 and it didnt go to plan.
    Club fm posted on there FB Quote 107.1 Fm The Home of Club Fm Dublin
    When they returned...

Possibly the previous Unid that was (over modulated ) on 94.1 and prior to that 87.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

castle2012 wrote: »
    Glad the guys are back. Nice to have some decent pirates back on the airwaves. Seems to be hard for them to stay on air compared to the 90s. ComReg must be more active or something.

Just in case there is any confusion, it’s not the same Club FM as the one that was around in the 1990s.

This is what I can get this evening...

87.6 - Chill FM (stronger than recent broadcasts)
    88.1 - Phever (localised signal)
    91.0 - Hot FM
    99.5 - Energy AM
    105.2 - RetroNow (localised signal)
    107.1 - Club FM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just in case there is any confusion, it’s not the same Club FM as the one that was around in the 1990s.

Yea I know that. But there is a connection. They did a fantastic tribute in June of this year. Its still available to listen to on there website.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea I know that. But there is a connection. They did a fantastic tribute in June of this year. Its still available to listen to on there website.

i don't think there is a connection, apart from the bare name.

in fairness doing a tribute to the original club which was long overdue does not equal a connection.

The Club FM from the 90s is defunct over 20 years. Actually even longer because it was known as Vibe at the end of its life. I managed to find a flyer. Never heard "Speed, Garage" on the station though! :)

KvXwLOZ.jpg

The Club FM from the 90s is defunct over 20 years. Actually even longer because it was known as Vibe at the end of its life. I managed to find a flyer. Never heard "Speed, Garage" on the station though!

speed garage didn't really take off here but there were some tracks that did the rounds however the term speed garage probably wasn't used very regularly.
    armand van heldin's mixes of tori amos professional widow and cj boland sugar is sweeter would be early examples of the genre.
    some stuff by tin tin out, baby blue, loop da loop i believe are technically classed as speed garage but would to me be borderline as they are closer to light hard house.
    i have heard serious danger deepr the odd time over the years on irish radio so i'm sure that did the rounds at the time when it came out.

i don't think there is a connection, apart from the bare name.

in fairness doing a tribute to the original club which was long overdue does not equal a connection.
    There has to be some sort of connection the material Club 107 had got there hands on Club 106.4 was a lot.
    Also all the jocs that added to the Tribute on the eveing it aired
    There is definitely someone in the Club107 gang in the know .
    There is no doubt about it Club would be the most professional operations ( Pirate Wise ) on the band At present.

There has to be some sort of connection the material Club 107 had got there hands on Club 106.4 was a lot.
    Also all the jocs that added to the Tribute on the eveing it aired
    There is definitely someone in the Club107 gang in the know .
    There is no doubt about it Club would be the most professional operations ( Pirate Wise ) on the band At present.

lots of that material would be available if you know who to ask or where to look online.
    very easy to ask former djs would they like to say something as part of a tribute.
    so even if there is the possibility of a connection a tribute just isn't enough to prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

No way is the current Club FM anything to do with old Club FM.

For a start the new one has half decent audio...

• Advertisement

No way is the current Club FM anything to do with old Club FM.

For a start the new one has half decent audio...

No Club Fm today According to their Facebook they are having transmission issues due to weather

Advertisement