Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

https://mobile.twitter.com/daniel_rapaport?lang=en

Here is the transcript from it. WOW doesn’t even begin to describe it. Throws plenty of people under the bus and doesn’t accept any blame at all.

The worst part is a different tweet from rules official against penalties as it may affect the FedEx standings. So literally the reason for the penalty strokes won't be enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

eagle eye wrote: »
    No, I'm just asking why do people put them up instead of just posting what was said?

because its a video, and we arnt transcribers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I think this response from Slugger White as to why he is not in favour of shot penalties is farcical. "Kids can't go to college" and "not being able to put a down payment on a decent house". What a load of sh*te.

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rapaport/status/1160300557963321344

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Now I know why hes called Slugger. A Slug's pace of play is what he wants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

I guess he's inviting people to time everything he does. I expect someone will take up the challenge. Be interesting to see the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

abff wrote: »
    I guess he's inviting people to time everything he does. I expect someone will take up the challenge. Be interesting to see the results.

It’s been done already. Saw online last night it was around 68 seconds.

Also from Eamon lynch the golf analyst: Was standing on the putting green with Koepka's caddie earlier when an irritated Bryson DeChambeau walked up & told him to tell his boss to make any comment about slow play "to my face". Brooks arrived soon after, got the message & ambled over for a chat with the scientist.

This is getting fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Fair Play Brooks. You don't need to be good at Maths to work out that you don't mess with Brooks lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

In fairness to him he does have a point, we never get to see someone meandering up the fairway, but that takes far longer than Bryson having an extra 30s over the ball now and then.

We've all played with the guy who tootles along behind the rest of the group...doesn't matter that he hits it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,684 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So what's that Twitter about?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anybody actually watch the golf? Reed shot -2 to win it. It was like everybody was looking to lose it for long periods before Reed settled down and made it his.
    Reed moves up to second in the Fed ex Cup standings, 206 behind Brooks, McIlroy and Kuchar 3rd and 4th with Rahm 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

A chip-in and a hole out for Thomas in the last three holes, crazy. -10 for the round through 16 now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Great recovery after being in the water earlier too. When it’s your day...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's an incredible round. A 60/61 including a shot into the water. At Medinah, at 7500 yards.

He'll hole out now (again) for a 59 or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,684 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unbelievable from JT

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

I very rarely back Finau but I have him doubled with Arnaus this week, he had my hopes up for a brief moment. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wow Thomas !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wow Thomas !

Not watching, what's he done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

munster87 wrote: »
    Great recovery after being in the water earlier too. When it’s your day...

He hit a few well off-line earlier too and got away with it on both par 5s on the front 9 and then on the 12th where he drove in the trees and it ended up in the middle of the fairway. Great round though, but will be boring viewing tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I see they have a two tee start today. I presume that's so they can keep the interest going in who qualifies for the Tour Championship.

I also see that all three Irish golfers have the same tee time today. 11:36 local time, 17:36 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

abff wrote: »
    I see they have a two tee start today. I presume that's so they can keep the interest going in who qualifies for the Tour Championship.

I also see that all three Irish golfers have the same tee time today. 11:36 local time, 17:36 here.

Weather related. In 3 balls.

7 wins out of 10 holding the 54 hole lead for thomas is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

7 wins out of 10 holding the 54 hole lead for thomas is impressive

Great to see him back to his best, some talent

NDWC wrote: »
    Great to see him back to his best, some talent

Yea I agree an unfortunate season for him and a real talent and he seems like a sound bloke one of my favoite golfers currently

First Up wrote: »
    Weather related. In 3 balls.

Are you sure about that? They were playing in 3 balls all along and it's usually tee times being brought forward if a change is needed because of weather conditions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd say with no cut and 70 players it would have to be 3balls

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    I'd say with no cut and 70 players it would have to be 3balls

Even more so with 69 players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Atlanta Payout

:eek:

1: $15M
    2: 5M
    3: 4M
    4: 3M
    5: 2.5M
    6: 1.9M
    7: 1.3M
    8: 1.1M
    9: 950K
    10: 830K
    11. 750K
    12. 705K
    13. 660K
    14. 620K
    15. 595K
    16. 570K
    17. 550K
    18. 535K
    19. 520K
    20. 505K
    21. 490K
    22. 478K
    23: 466K
    24: 456K
    25: 445K
    26: 435K
    27. 425K
    28: 415K
    29: 405K
    30: 395K

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Justin Thomas currently +1 for his round. Xander leading now on -10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement