Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sure there was somebody on Twitter for every score from 57 to 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

So, Thorbjorn Olesen eh..........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

59 watch on the pga tour. Adam Swenson needs two birdies in last 4. Preferred lies so it was actually called on twitter today to watch out for a 59

Pulled up on the last 5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rikand wrote: »
    Pulled up on the last 5

My jinx of players going for 59 continues!!

On another note;
    Martin Kaymer MC at Wyndham and will lose his PGAT card. Five-year exemption from Pinehurst is over, and since he only made 14 starts this season (min. 15) he's likely ineligible for conditional status even if he stays in the top 150.

Back to Europe should do him good. 2 time major winner and has actually played reasonably well in Europe this year.

My jinx of players going for 59 continues!!

On another note;
    Martin Kaymer MC at Wyndham and will lose his PGAT card. Five-year exemption from Pinehurst is over, and since he only made 14 starts this season (min. 15) he's likely ineligible for conditional status even if he stays in the top 150.

Back to Europe should do him good. 2 time major winner and has actually played reasonably well in Europe this year.

Certainly been a bounce back year for him in some ways. Seems a little short sighted to miss the 15 by 1 but as you say it could do great things for him

• Advertisement

Random question but do caddies get sponsorship deals ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The caddies for the top.plauers get big money for hat sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

A shocker from spieth. Is his head still not right from his masters collapse a few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    A shocker from spieth. Is his head still not right from his masters collapse a few years ago!

Big swing changes and he has no idea where the ball is going ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks like viktor hovland is going to miss out on his pga tour card but just 3 points. Some effort in just 6 starts.

Will get into plenty tournaments next year anyway and wouldn’t be surprised if he picked up a win in any of those event.

Might look out as a very long shot Ryder cup player too.

Also: Jt Poston about to win with no bogey in 72 holes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Great putting today by Poston

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

paulos53 wrote: »
    There is also a big change to the final Fedex event

As things stand some guys would be giving Koepka a 10 shot head start. It is hard enough to beat the guy from a level start without giving him shots

I wonder how this will work from a World Rankings perspective.

I doubt they would award points allowing for the handicap. So I presume that the tournament will either be unranked (which seems highly unlikely) or world ranking points will be awarded based on actual scores excluding the handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

World Ranking points will be based on the gross scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jody Smoke

Such a nonsensical scoring system for the Tour Championship , I hope Kopeka (assuming he's goes into the tour championship at number 1) makes a complete Mockery of it and is about 10 shots clear of second after the first couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Think the PGA Tour's social media person had a few too many drinks last night

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1158377114254491649

Not exactly a close contest. Currently 93.65% have voted for Lowry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Shame, every Major winner has to have a first time so it's a naturally recurring event.
    I'm highly blinkered being a Shane fan, from the midlands and was up in Portrush to cheer him on but that was some feat to go bogey free in fairness.

This year alone we've seen two first time Major winners but first bogey free round in 45 years is a way bigger feat, Shane's win a bigger golf moment

I'd also vote for Shane though....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

slave1 wrote: »
    Shame, every Major winner has to have a first time so it's a naturally recurring event.
    I'm highly blinkered being a Shane fan, from the midlands and was up in Portrush to cheer him on but that was some feat to go bogey free in fairness.

This year alone we've seen two first time Major winners but first bogey free round in 45 years is a way bigger feat, Shane's win a bigger golf moment

I'd also vote for Shane though....

First bogey free tournament in 45 years to win! Scott Piercy and Charles Howell III did but both lost!

slave1 wrote: »
    This year alone we've seen two first time Major winners but first bogey free round in 45 years is a way bigger feat.

I presume you're just kidding around?

Ask Poston which he'd prefer to have achieved - one of a multitude of first time Major winners, or the first person in 45 years to win a tournament without scoring a bogey.

I'm just not phrasing myself the best, I totally agree winning a Major is the better achievement but the salient point is that lots of players have won Majors so in some respect it was a greater feat to win bogey free.
    Majors are won every single year but this was the first PGA bogey free win in 45 years....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Just switched on featured groups, sound quality really bad for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Remind me wrote: »
    Just switched on featured groups, sound quality really bad for anyone else?

Fine here, Tiger having a mare, 4over. Putting nothing, beginning to get frustrated now.

Ya just turned it on, fine here too

Do people who win the masters get cursed it seems so in recent years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Sky just put the featured group coverage over to the red button in favour for the Ladies Scottish Open.... that's just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just turned on and they were showing something bout Dechambeau and slow play? Was he penalised or anyone know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

nice Start from Rory, and steady start from Shane. I think if shane finished top 20 would be a good result for him after the 2 weeks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Do people who win the masters get cursed it seems so in recent years :)

Spieth Reed willet Garcia Woods all recent masters winners. Your correct !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Spieth Reed willet Garcia Woods all recent masters winners. Your correct !

And possibly Bubba watson before that.. "Following his Masters win, Watson began to struggle. He missed the cut at the Memorial Tournament and the U.S. Open.." (from wikipedia)

• Advertisement

A curse Rory would love

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement