Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Matt Fitzpatrick -9 with 3 to go including a par 5. Is there placing again today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fitzpatrick birdies the 7th, needs -1 on his last 2 holes for a 59.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Needs bird at the last, he doubled it yesterday!

AGC wrote: »
    Is there placing again today?

:( There is unfortunately. 'If the Sheffield native does reach the magical mark, sadly it will not go down in the record books, with clean and place being in operation today due to rabbit damage in the rough.'

Nice to see The Irish Open Champion leading the way.

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    Worrying times for Damian McGrane - such a pity - he seems to have been a fixture on tour for ages.
    Very disappointing year, hope he stays on the tour!

Tom Watson made the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Tom Watson made the cut.

Just saw the interview with him on Sky - he really is pure class. He said 'at my age, just making the cut is an achievement'....among other things.

Projected cut has gone to -3......very valuable birdie for Peter Lawrie on his last hole today to just make the cut.

Very disappointing year, hope he stays on the tour!

Ended up with a disqualification not that it mattered.

Don't know what part of his game he's struggled with this year but he's a real grinder and the type to get through q school if required. Has carved a very good career for himself whatever way this season ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nice to see The Irish Open Champion leading the way.

I was just thinking that it has been a great springboard for recent winners. Kjeldsen at the moment but also for Ilonen, Casey and Donaldson before him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tom Watson made the cut.

Some man for 66, respect

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

slave1 wrote: »
    Some man for 66, respect

Wonder if he has shot a competitive (tour) round lower than his age yet?

Don't know what part of his game he's struggled with this year but he's a real grinder and the type to get through q school if required. Has carved a very good career for himself whatever way this season ends.

I hope you're right - good solid journeyman pro.

What was the disqualification for?

PARlance wrote: »

Has a 66 on champions tour and 69 on main tour this season.

Totally unrelated but Arnie was 86 this week.

I hope you're right - good solid journeyman pro.

What was the disqualification for?

I've no idea what the DQ was for. Damien is 44 now. Traditionally hard to keep your card from here until seniors tour with so much young talent coming up every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I nearly fell asleep watching coverage of the Golf from Russia today. I say they're no more then 100 spectators around the course too, not that I was expecting thousands.

Delighted to see Slattery win. We were walking in from the course in Beltway in 09 for a weather suspension and his caddy and in turn Lee started chatting with us. Really nice guy and very down to earth.

fullstop wrote: »
    Delighted to see Slattery win. We were walking in from the course in Beltway in 09 for a weather suspension and his caddy and in turn Lee started chatting with us. Really nice guy and very down to earth.

He was very emotional in his interview after the win - it was huge for him, at 37. Seemed like a good guy.

Watson closes out with a 68, first time playing the event and all rounds in the 60's, what a man

264341_m16.jpg

PARlance wrote: »

Ha ha, was just thinking yesterday I've most likely passed the time where I can score my age in stapleford points and here's this guy on the pro tour just off it in stroke

• Advertisement

He was very emotional in his interview after the win - it was huge for him, at 37. Seemed like a good guy.

And another great week for Lee Slattery - joint second in the KLM.

And another great week for Lee Slattery - joint second in the KLM.

He blew it though, missed a 4-footer on 18 for play-off.

He blew it though, missed a 4-footer on 18 for play-off.

Aw no! Didn't get to watch today. He'll still be pleased with these two weeks!

According to RTE website Paul Dunne is making his pro debut in Italy this week but when I check the European Tour website it's Gavin Moynihan I see.
    Maybe it's not updated yet, Dunne, Moynihan and Gary Hurley all turn pro today after winning the Walker cup at the weekend.

Has had a great career I think, hopefully he can depart the tour on his own terms or get through Q School if that's his plan.

Dunne is currently down for a sponsors invite in The Dunhill links. More importantly he'll have stage one of tour school to get through next week in Austria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Dunne is currently down for a sponsors invite in The Dunhill links. More importantly he'll have stage one of tour school to get through next week in Austria.

Walker Cup players not exempt from stage 1?

AGC wrote: »
    Walker Cup players not exempt from stage 1?

Unfortuantley not, if you were in the top 15 of the
    World Amateur Golf Ranking you'd probably get to stage 2.

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/document/static/static/26/24/55/qualifyingschoolentryform2015_english.pdf

I too heard on RTE that Paul Dunne had a sponsors' invite to the Italian Open this week, but no sign of him on the entry list......I suspect RTE were wrong.

• Advertisement

I too heard on RTE that Paul Dunne had a sponsors' invite to the Italian Open this week, but no sign of him on the entry list......I suspect RTE were wrong.

Moynihan this week and Dunne in Dunhill links.

Advertisement