Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great effort from Lowry today to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

With a few to spare in the end. He looked sloppy the first two days after his lay off so he did well to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

First Up wrote: »
    With a few to spare in the end. He looked sloppy the first two days after his lay off so he did well to get back into it.

I guess that depends on how you define a few to spare. He finished on 7 under and the cut was 6 under. Having said that, fair dues to him making the cut after a shaky start.

Unfortunate to see Lawrie, McGrane, Harrington and Phelan all miss the cut, not to mention Clarke, whose two late bogeys cost him dearly.

Just looking at the tee times today, I see that there are four pros who missed the cut, but whose team is in the top 20. I haven't looked at previous years' results, but I would imagine this is somewhat higher than average.

The pros in question are Robert Karlsson, Rafa Cabrero-Bella (playing with Dermot Desmond), Merrick Bremner and Gary Hurley (playing with Brian O'Driscoll). The difference between the pro's score and the team's score varies from a low of 21 strokes up to an incredible 34 strokes for Robert Karlsson and Selwyn Nathan. Karlsson finished in a tie for 150th on 5 over, but his team is in second place on 29 under.

A bit of background on Selwyn Nathan.

Born in Johannesburg, he is a former golf professional who has had many important sports roles. He is currently Commissioner of the South Africa Sunshine Tour and Chairman of the South African Golf Development Board. He was a non-executive director of the highly successful 2010 FIFA World Cup. A member of Leopard Creek, he has played ten times in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

abff wrote: »
    A bit of background on Selwyn Nathan.

Born in Johannesburg, he is a former golf professional who has had many important sports roles. He is currently Commissioner of the South Africa Sunshine Tour and Chairman of the South African Golf Development Board. He was a non-executive director of the highly successful 2010 FIFA World Cup. A member of Leopard Creek, he has played ten times in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.

And an absolute bandit!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Considering its Sunday there's absolutely no atmosphere there

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice to see Dougherty going ok.

Give a bit more credibility to his over confident commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Excellent week for Paul Dunne. Should make in the region of 45 to 50 grand for that.

I see Gary Hurley got $5,000 for finishing 20th in the pro-am. Looking at yesterday's scorecard, it looks as if he played the final round on his own. I was wondering how BOD was going to reconcile playing golf with watching the Ireland Italy game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Rikand wrote: »
    And an absolute bandit!

Saw the last few shots Michael Ballack played and commentators said he plays off 27:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Surprised that Rory isn't playing the British masters, thought he would have supported Poulter.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Nice to see Dougherty going ok.

Give a bit more credibility to his over confident commentary.

You've got to admire the guy. Been in the wilderness for a few years now and still seems to have a positive attitude.

There's Oliver wilson as well. Finished last on Sunday after winning it last year. Such a cruel game when you're struggling at the bottom.

Excellent week for Paul Dunne. Should make in the region of 45 to 50 grand for that.

Lovely way to start the pro career. I think he is the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great to see Niall Kearney well up the field, following up last week's procession in the Irish PGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Great to see Niall Kearney well up the field, following up last week's procession in the Irish PGA.

And Paul Dunne.

They might be thinking this game is easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I heard about Poulters glorious shank in a close thread, looked it up and here it is...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-poulter-hit-a-pretty-brutal-shank-at-the-british-masters

The red line sitting on top of Kevin Phelans name this week, unlikely he'll get in at this stage with tee times announced and all.

The red line sitting on top of Kevin Phelans name this week, unlikely he'll get in at this stage with tee times announced and all.

Paul Lawrie down to play so you never know

Eddie Pepperal just withdrew so if he isn't there yet he is currently rushing to the airport

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Eddie Pepperal just withdrew so if he isn't there yet he is currently rushing to the airport

Last man in :) he's on the time sheet now!

Paul Dunne is currently 3 under after 2 holes.

Did Kevin phelan start?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Did Kevin phelan start?

Yes he is +1 after 8. Scoring is quite low so far

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Yes he is +1 after 8. Scoring is quite low so far

He shot a 70, so decent enough today.

Peter Lawrie started off great, but is +2. with a hole still to play.

Shot gun start for round 3 at 8a.m due to poor forecast for the weekend.

Shot gun start for round 3 at 8a.m due to poor forecast for the weekend.

Bizarre! Good idea though!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Looks like Kevin Phelan is going to make the cut.....great to see him take his opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...I'm surprised/disappointed to see mcilroy playing in the fry's this week...wasn't overly pleased that he was given an exemption to play the race to Dubai despite not playing the required event's... So to be given that exemption, (I can understand the reasons); think it's disrespectful to the European tour to not play in Portugal this week...He could have played so should have at least made the effort to increase his event's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

...I'm surprised/disappointed to see mcilroy playing in the fry's this week...wasn't overly pleased that he was given an exemption to play the race to Dubai despite not playing the required event's... So to be given that exemption, (I can understand the reasons); think it's disrespectful to the European tour to not play in Portugal this week...He could have played so should have at least made the effort to increase his event's...

He was obliged to play the frys as he and a number of other pros got released to play in the non PGA sanctioned Turkish event three years ago and playing in the season opener in the next 3 years was the agreement for the release. Rose is also playing for the same reason..

Advertisement