Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Peter Lawrie holding his own today - -3 after 12 today and lying tied 3rd at -10.

Darren Clarke on a good burst too. -3 today after 17.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Tied sixth for Peter Lawrie. But Damian McGrane's miserable season continues.
    Great news for Peter, good chance to secure his card tomorrow.

Pity about Damien, looks like a trip to Q School :(

Peter Lawrie slipped back to -1 for the day. Needs a good day tomorrow to help his 2016 card prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great to see Darren Clarke back in the top 10

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jeez I completely jinxed him, dropped 6 shots after that post to finish 3 under. pity.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Dropped shot at the last by Peter Lawrie to finish in a six way tie for 14th. Will pick up just over €20,000.

Unbelievable miss by Kjeldsen just now.

Anothergood day for Damian McGrane - tied 12th going into the weekend. Badly needed.

Michael Hoey going nicely - tied 7th.

Damian McGrane finished tied 8th and got about €20K - not enough to get his card unfortunately.

Just looked at field for this week's tournament - hardly recognise any of the names!

Just looked at field for this week's tournament - hardly recognise any of the names!

In theory, this should be a good opportunity for Lawrie, McGrane, Hoey and Phelan to pick up some much needed Race to Dubai points. A win would get them an exemption until the end of next season - not beyond the realms of possibility, looking at that field.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    In theory, this should be a good opportunity for Lawrie, McGrane, Hoey and Phelan to pick up some much needed Race to Dubai points. A win would get them an exemption until the end of next season - not beyond the realms of possibility, looking at that field.
    That's exactly what I am thinking.....and hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In theory - but with weaker tournaments - a good performance as Mcgrane had last week - only gets you 20,000.

I think if you are not playing well - the field doesn't matter - you need to be able to get 4 rounds in the 60s , you could be at a weaker field event and it could be on a course that will not fit your game.

Surprised to see Phelan where he is - but that is more to do with with the fact he is Cat 17 an not 10.

The whole thing is a bit of a nightmare for the lads. Your on the edge of your job all the time.

Looking at what Mcgrane has earned 80,000 - not sure he is earning enough to cover all his expenses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

In theory - but with weaker tournaments - a good performance as Mcgrane had last week - only gets you 20,000.

I think if you are not playing well - the field doesn't matter - you need to be able to get 4 rounds in the 60s , you could be at a weaker field event and it could be on a course that will not fit your game.

Surprised to see Phelan where he is - but that is more to do with with the fact he is Cat 17 an not 10.

The whole thing is a bit of a nightmare for the lads. Your on the edge of your job all the time.

Looking at what Mcgrane has earned 80,000 - not sure he is earning enough to cover all his expenses ?

Not if he is relying just on prize money but there are the sponsors also, who usually contribute to costs as well as some matching of prize money. It depends on his deals of course and for sure he isn't negotiating from a very strong position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

McGrane who would be considered a journey man pro has done well with over 5 million euro in winnings on the European tour. He was very unlucky not to win this event last year. He bogeyed the last while Horsey was chipping in for eagle on 17th. Bogeyed 18 then in the play off as well :(

Shame its a different course this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Just heard this today - http://www.headfortgolfclub.ie/blog/blog_detail.asp?postId=3205

Great to see it.

Haven t seen much on Mc namara lately

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Just heard this today - http://www.headfortgolfclub.ie/blog/blog_detail.asp?postId=3205

Great to see it.

Haven t seen much on Mc namara lately

Strange looking field this week, but a great chance for some guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I nearly fell asleep watching coverage of the Golf from Russia today. I say they're no more then 100 spectators around the course too, not that I was expecting thousands.

I nearly fell asleep watching coverage of the Golf from Russia today. I say they're no more then 100 spectators around the course too, not that I was expecting thousands.

I watched for a while in the afternoon and felt it was like watching paint dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Still too tough for some. Kevin Phelan is 4 shots off the cut and a Belgian lad is 38 over par through 33.

Looks easy from your armchair though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Same last year too. The lads could be out playing a casual round with a few people out walking their dogs on the course. :(

It's a close thing as to whether there's more players, caddies plus officials than spectators.

• Advertisement

Peter Lawrie bogied his final hole and looks likely to miss the cut by one shot. He just can't seem to catch a break.

First Up wrote: »
    Still too tough for some. Kevin Phelan is 4 shots off the cut and a Belgian lad is 38 over par through 33.

Looks easy from your armchair though.

That's some card for that Belgian - but got a birdie on the last to cheer him up.

Yes, easy for us to criticise with remote in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I will state though the course looks terrific and see players have lot of Positives on Greens, some saying best they have played on this season.

That's some card for that Belgian - but got a birdie on the last to cheer him up.

Yes, easy for us to criticise with remote in hand.

I think the attached story puts his score in context. http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015068/news/newsid=269523.html#35UmMuT3yUTX4ILS.97

Well that put me in my place. What an achievement! Great story, and thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Serious scoring at that KLM open. Paul Lawrie had the chance of a 59 with 2 holes to go, finished with a 61

Rikand wrote: »
    Serious scoring at that KLM open. Paul Lawrie had the chance of a 59 with 2 holes to go, finished with a 61

Preferred lies helping.

Tom Watson playing on the European tour?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tom Watson playing on the European tour?

Yeah sponsors invite.

• Advertisement

Worrying times for Damian McGrane - such a pity - he seems to have been a fixture on tour for ages.

Advertisement