Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Given Peter Lawrie's performances in some weeks earlier this season, where he followed a good opening round with a poor second, I am almost afraid to comment on his opening 69 today in the Nordea Masters - just two off the lead in a fairly bunched leaderboard.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Given Peter Lawrie's performances in some weeks earlier this season, where he followed a good opening round with a poor second, I am almost afraid to comment on his opening 69 today in the Nordea Masters - just two off the lead in a fairly bunched leaderboard.

Well I needn't have worried! Another nice round today - 71. He's on -4 for the tournament, joint 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Well I needn't have worried! Another nice round today - 71. He's on -4 for the tournament, joint 13th.

Let's hope he can put together another two decent rounds. A top ten would be great - a decent cheque plus automatic qualification for the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The course looks like a bit of a wide open field. The young Swedish amateur looks a hell of a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

fullstop wrote: »
    The course looks like a bit of a wide open field. The young Swedish amateur looks a hell of a player.

It looks shocking on TV, not a great advert for golf in Sweden.
    Think we'll be seeing more of this young lad, handling it all very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

PARlance wrote: »
    It looks shocking on TV, not a great advert for golf in Sweden.
    Think we'll be seeing more of this young lad, handling it all very well.

Seems to be blowing a hurricane every year in this event too.

abff wrote: »
    Let's hope he can put together another two decent rounds. A top ten would be great - a decent cheque plus automatic qualification for the following week.

Hmm. Was going along nicely until the turn and had a bad back 9. +4 for the day and well down the leaderboard now. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Irish open winner Soren Kjeldsen whono hadn't won in 6 years had a tidy 2nd place this week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Hmm. Was going along nicely until the turn and had a bad back 9. +4 for the day and well down the leaderboard now. Pity.

That has been his pattern all year. Gets into a position to do well and then fades away. It is frustrating for those watching and can only imagine what it is like for him. Is it a stamina or concentration problem? I know he had that addiction to coca cola that he talked about. I wonder has it anything to do with that?

First Up wrote: »
    That has been his pattern all year. Gets into a position to do well and then fades away. It is frustrating for those watching and can only imagine what it is like for him. Is it a stamina or concentration problem? I know he had that addiction to coca cola that he talked about. I wonder has it anything to do with that?

I was wondering that......or is it just lack of confidence.....when he gets in a good position, he loses it. Such a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

As well as getting in this week through Cat 20 Lawrie has also bagged a sponsors invite for the BMW International in Germany the week after the U.S Open.

That will be starts 16 and 17, some going for a guy in category 20.

Currently 131st in race to Dubai with just over 80K won.

Has made 7 cuts but has yet to break 70 at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Am I right in thinking that hes 21 places short of where he wants to be to get the card - or did I read the Race to Dubai criteria completely.

I know its top 60 for that event in Dubai but I thought that 61 to 110 get a card - they just don't go to Dubai???

Apologies if wrong

Old diesel wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that hes 21 places short of where he wants to be to get the card - or did I read the Race to Dubai criteria completely.

I know its top 60 for that event in Dubai but I thought that 61 to 110 get a card - they just don't go to Dubai???

Apologies if wrong

Yeah that's it, he finished 172nd last year with 56K won.

Finished right on the mark of 110 in 2013 with 233K so you can see a lot of work to be done.

As well as getting in this week through Cat 20 Lawrie has also bagged a sponsors invite for the BMW International in Germany the week after the U.S Open.

That will be starts 16 and 17, some going for a guy in category 20.

Currently 131st in race to Dubai with just over 80K won.

Has made 7 cuts but has yet to break 70 at the weekend.

And he seens to be in the field again this week!

And he seens to be in the field again this week!

I did say that in the first line biggrin.png

Lawrie's off to he's usually spritely start in Austria, -4 after 16 leaves him tied 6th currently.

Touch of the McIlroy's for Bernd Wiesberger, +7....14 shots off the lead eek.png

Lawrie's off to he's usually spritely start in Austria, -4 after 16 leaves him tied 6th currently.

Touch of the McIlroy's for Bernd Wiesberger, +7....14 shots off the lead eek.png

Yep, Lawrie stayed at that - shot 68. Here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Some lad just had a 17 on his first hole this morning:eek:

-1 to +11 in 1 hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭paulos53

AGC wrote: »
    Some lad just had a 17 on his first hole this morning:eek:

-1 to +11 in 1 hole!

He hit 6 balls into the water!

Bourdy has built up some lead - 5 shots ahead after 9 holes.

• Advertisement

6 birdies and 5 bogeys for Lawrie today, now Peter lets break 70 a couple of times over the weekend and pick up a decent cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Jeez this course looks rough and I'm talking about fairways and greens!

Doesn't come across well on TV at all.

Jeez this course looks rough and I'm talking about fairways and greens!

Doesn't come across well on TV at all.

I think its just burnt, they were giving upto 33c today.

Same old story for Lawrie. 3 over through 9 and dropping down the board like a stone.
    Every bloody time.

Same old story for Lawrie. 3 over through 9 and dropping down the board like a stone.
    Every bloody time.

It must be heartbreaking for him. Let's hope he can steady the ship and put in a decent round tomorrow.

Every bloody time.

Awful to watch, and awful for him......here's hoping for decent stuff today.

Awful to watch, and awful for him......here's hoping for decent stuff today.

He got of to a great start, -3 thru 8, but bogies followed on 9 & 10.
    -1 thru 13 and T23 at present.

Birdie on 15 to bring him to T17

PARlance wrote: »
    Birdie on 15 to bring him to T17

Finished with a 70 and currently tied 18th. Will earn him some world ranking points and move him up a few places in the Race for Dubai. Hopefully, he can build on this.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Finished with a 70 and currently tied 18th. Will earn him some world ranking points and move him up a few places in the Race for Dubai. Hopefully, he can build on this.

Level par for the weekend.

That is progress.

Advertisement