Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer Plant Explodes in Texas: 'Hundreds of Casualties'.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

zerks wrote: »
    With all the conspiracy theories being bandied about here,has anyone mentioned that this plant has been warned before about safety & procedures.

You take your logic and substantiated facts elsewhere! Facts and logic have no place within this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

VinLieger wrote: »
    Look up the word conspiracy, it is exactly what you were suggesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28crime%29

You just linked to a Wikipedia article that refers to Conspiracy Law. I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to back up here. Suggesting there may be a link between two events does not imply a conspiracy. You have absolutely no understanding of the word, and the fact that you linked to an article about Conspiracy Law further backs up your absolute lack of knowledge on the subject. To clear up for you and others, 'conspiracy' generally refers to an agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act. So if I thought these events were linked and then inferred that the government were trying to cover it up then you could say it was a conspiracy.

Otherwise it is simply conjecture. There has not been a single conspiracy posted on this thread bar Space Mans trolling which has gone relatively unnoticed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

space_man wrote: »
    If you include the first letter of his surname Waco becomes Whacko!:eek:

and michael jacksons nicname was whaco jaco, this obviously means whaco jacko isnt dead then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

roryc wrote: »
    You just linked to a Wikipedia article that refers to Conspiracy Law. I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to back up here. Suggesting there may be a link between two events does not imply a conspiracy. You have absolutely no understanding of the word, and the fact that you linked to an article about Conspiracy Law further backs up your absolute lack of knowledge on the subject. To clear up for you and others, 'conspiracy' generally refers to an agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act. So if I thought these events were linked AND then inferred that the government were trying to cover it up THEN you could say it was a conspiracy.

Otherwise it is simply conjecture. There has not been a single conspiracy posted on this thread bar Space Mans trolling which has gone relatively unnoticed...

Okay here
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspiracy
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/conspiracy
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/conspiracy

you suggested they were linked which would suggest at least 1 person(not a conspiracy) or 2 or more people(a conspiracy) to have plotted to cause explosions and deaths which is a crime and illegal? Dont know where my logic is going wrong here?
    Just because you didnt use the word does not mean it was not what you were suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

To add to the conspiracy angle, anyone else listen to the Firefighter Emergency Channel conversation back to the operator?

http://video.news.com.au/2380308012/Firemen-down-after-explosion

He says "a bomb has just gone off inside here, we got a lot of Firefighters down".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

kraggy wrote: »
    It's "calendar" not "calender" :p

In fairness, I just did a project that required me to write calendar about 400 times (programming) and every time I wrote calender and had to change it. Just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Matt Simis wrote: »
    To add to the conspiracy angle, anyone else listen to the Firefighter Emergency Channel conversation back to the operator?

He says "the bomb" (or "a bomb") has just gone off, lot of Firefighters down".

Probably a local nickname for the factory,basically that's what fertiliser plants are-one giant bomb.Why do you think the IRA were so fond of the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

He says "a bomb has just gone off inside here, we got a lot of Firefighters down".

Because "bomb" is easier to say than explosion?? Jeez, he just saw a huge explosion that ripped everything to shreds, can't blame him for mixing up his words:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Probably a local nickname for the factory,basically that's what fertiliser plants are-one giant bomb.Why do you think the IRA were so fond of the stuff?

Um did you listen to it? That doesnt make any sense in the context of the sentence structure. I would suggest if he didnt mean an actual man-made bomb they were aware of he actually meant "an explosion just went off inside here" but said bomb.

Obviously he didnt mean "[a fertiliser plant] went off inside here (the plant..?)"?? How you came to that conclusion is its own mystery. :confused:
    tbayers wrote: »
    Because "bomb" is easier to say than explosion?? Jeez, he just saw a huge explosion that ripped everything to shreds, can't blame him for mixing up his words:rolleyes:
    "Jeez" neither can I, Im just stating what he said..

he meant someone farted in their firesuit who was on the guiness last nite :\

• Advertisement

and *whispers* mcveigh

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Superman would have been all over this if we were back in the 80's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

And according to my fact-a-day calendar:

This day in 1480 Lucrezia Borgia, infamous Florentine ruler & Daughter of Pope Alexander VI was born.

Coincidence? - I think not.

This changes everything. America should nuke Denmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

all joking aside, i want to offer my condolences to all affected by this exploson/fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Possibilities of up to 60-70 people dead, hundreds injured. Not a good week for the US

https://twitter.com/KHOU/status/324728967917625344

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

A fertilizer explosion like that would be very similiar to a large bomb going off. There's a reason that fertilizer ingredients are used in the making of high explosives. They're lethal. Texas had a huge disaster back in the 1940s where hundreds of people were killed in a massive fertilizer explosion. A ship's anchor was found almost a kilometre from the site of the explosion which gives you and idea of the enormous blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Dont know if this was already posted..but fox has a video of the explosion..its a biggun

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2308706723001/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pendu

Thats what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

dunno what happened to the link i had..i have copied yours ta :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

How could you miss the four page thread already on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Poor kid! Sounded terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    How could you miss the four page thread already on this?

It's a conspiracy;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

SamHall wrote: »
    Poor kid! Sounded terrified!

Fcuking dumb ass of a parent more like.:eek::mad:

Oh yes,lets go right up to a fertilizer plant fire and film it,this will not be putting any of our liives in any danger.:eek::rolleyes::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

It's a conspiracy;)

Ever notice when there an explosion in the USA you all get some backwards hick who says the word IRAQ on TV.:pac::rolleyes::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

paddy147 wrote: »
    Fcuking dumb ass of a parent more like.:eek::mad:

Oh yes,lets go right up to a fertilizer plant fire and film it,this will not be putting any of our liives in any danger.:eek::rolleyes::mad:

Jesus he was hardly right up beside the plant. It was very far away the explosion was massive alright. I guarantee 90% of people over here would do the same thing. Oul Irish mammies are the worst rubberneckers in the world.

found it..for some reason didnt show when i searched beforehand...maybe the fbi blocked it..anyway...its 10 pages long now...mods can close this one so...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

paddy147 wrote: »

Found myself reading that like it was Mr Garrison saying it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just watching the news conference on Sky its been held in a mart or a slated unit some one would want to tell the cattle to pipe down in the background

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Just heard on the radio its being treated as a crime scene.

Advertisement