Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer Plant Explodes in Texas: 'Hundreds of Casualties'.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

roryc wrote: »
    I should have stopped reading when I saw OMG. Unfortunately I read on. Some of you lads would do well in the FBI.

"A plane's just hit the Twin Towers!"
    "LOL. Accident"

"Another one has just hit the other tower"
    "OMG. Obviously another accident. Happens every day of the week"

I'll put my tinfoil hat on and go back to reading my conspiracy theories.

I'm hoping this is just an accident and horrible coincidence. I would guess they'll know fairly soon either way.
    The difference Rory, and what you don't seem to realise, is that one is usual and one is unusual. Most chemical plants, certainly large ones, have their own fire crew and anti fire systems. When you are dealing with hazardous FLAMABLE chemicals, fires are par for the course. Some are small but now and again some get big and can cause a lot of damage or explosions. This is by no means the first time there has been an industrial accident of this scale in the US and it won't be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Omackeral wrote: »

It's like a bomb going off in Liverpool and calling it an explosion in Manchester.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I have to disagree with you on this point. In a country the size of America, a town 25mins away (google maps) is pretty damn close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Omackeral wrote: »
    Can I just say that this wasn't in Waco. Can people just stop and absorb that? It was in the town of West. Stop trying to connect them sensationally!!

It's like a bomb going off in Liverpool and calling it an explosion in Manchester.
    It's closer to Waco than Mount Carmel actually, but that's an argument for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

American news channel reporting Davidian sect shopped in this town, and owned property there.
    At least 3 members are interred in the local cemetary!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Scotty # wrote: »
    The difference Rory, and what you don't seem to realise, is that one is usual and one is unusual. Most chemical plants, certainly large ones, have their own fire crew and anti fire systems. When you are dealing with hazardous FLAMABLE chemicals, fires are par for the course. Some are small but now and again some get big and can cause a lot of damage or explosions. This is by no means the first time there has been an industrial accident of this scale in the US and it won't be the last.

I despise posters like you, that need to use childish acronyms and HIGHLIGHT WORDS IN CAPS to emphasise a point, and then fail to even spell the word correctly. Accidents like this don't happen every day of the week. Accidents on this scale are incredible rare, and for it to happen in Waco so soon after a major incident in Boston is incredible.

That being said, the fact that this is not actually in Waco changes everything and would point to simply being an accident rather than linked.

• Advertisement

David Koresh died on this day 20 years ago in WACO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I hate conspiracy theories but there was also a close call in Oklahoma City last night, 18 years tomorrow since that bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I despise posters like you, that need to use childish acronyms and HIGHLIGHT WORDS IN CAPS to emphasise a point, and then fail to even spell the word correctly. Accidents like this don't happen every day of the week. Accidents on this scale are incredible rare, and for it to happen in Waco so soon after a major incident in Boston is incredible.

That being said, the fact that this is not actually in Waco changes everything and would point to simply being an accident rather than linked.

Really? Thats your quailifier for this? my god you are some conspiracy nutjob. And before you make any assumptions yes i know about waco but considering there has been absolutely no link between the boston bombings and waco, apart from people saying there is cus the dates are close, making that your sole qualifier for being a conspiracy is just hilarious

I despise posters like you, that need to use childish acronyms and HIGHLIGHT WORDS IN CAPS to emphasise a point
    When in Rome...

I'm glad you see it as nothing more than an accident now. That really is all it is but a tragedy none the less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Guys could you actually just report the facts and stop your juvenile bickering.

• Advertisement

David Koresh released an album entitled Voice Of Fire in 1994!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

dfx- wrote: »
    Anyone in the plant who didn't get out or trying to attend the original fire has no chance with that explosion.

dya think!

Guys could you actually just report the facts and stop your juvenile bickering.

After Hours dude, you want facts go to a news site or something

stop your juvenile bickering.
    I thought that was After Hours main purpose? No? :P

If you include the first letter of his surname Waco becomes Whacko!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Wow, this is crazy. It really does just look like an a terrible accident. The sheer terror of the kid in that video is awful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

VinLieger wrote: »
    Really? Thats your quailifier for this? my god you are some conspiracy nutjob. And before you make any assumptions yes i know about waco but considering there has been absolutely no link between the boston bombings and waco, apart from people saying there is cus the dates are close, making that your sole qualifier for being a conspiracy is just hilarious

No one has once mentioned a conspiracy. I said I would be surprised if they weren't linked, and this was based on this being in Waco. The fact that it is not changes this. Of course it does, it was the key factor.

I just remembered why I don't post in AH. It's like talking to uneducated 10 year olds.

Call us all conspiracy nuts for proposing there might be a link though, like ZOMGGGG IT WAZ SO OBVIUUUS LOLL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

RTE reporting between 5-15 casualties. Any other info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I just remembered why I don't post in AH. It's like talking to uneducated 10 year olds.

You failed to look into this story yourself and only learned on AH that this accident was not actually in Waco. So I wouldn't try and take the moral high ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

space_man wrote: »
    David Koresh died on this day 20 years ago in WACO!

Tomorrow, not today.

Also, this explosion happened 8pm local time, which was Wednesday the
    17th.

Koresh died the 19th. So it's 2 days before his anniversary.

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    Tomorrow, not today.

Also, this explosion happened 8pm local time, which was Wednesday the
    17th.

Koresh died the 19th. So it's 2 days before his anniversary.

yes but you haven't accounted for leap years, and besides you cant believe the authorities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 shalahala

No one has once mentioned a conspiracy.

I noticed this, a few people question if there is a link and suddenly they are conspiracy nuts??

yes but you haven't accounted for leap years, and besides you cant believe the authorities.

If you omit leap years then it would have happened 7 days before the anniversary. Even further out! :P

and how did he release an album (entitled Voice Of Fire in 1994)
    1 year AFTER his death???!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

When the thread title says "Further Plant explodes", is this plant the one caught on camera exploding?

No one has once mentioned a conspiracy. I said I would be surprised if they weren't linked, and this was based on this being in Waco. The fact that it is not changes this. Of course it does, it was the key factor.

Call us all conspiracy nuts for proposing there might be a link though, like ZOMGGGG IT WAZ SO OBVIUUUS LOLL
    shalahala wrote: »
    I noticed this, a few people question if there is a link and suddenly they are conspiracy nuts??

Look up the word conspiracy, it is exactly what you were suggesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28crime%29

kraggy wrote: »
    If you omit leap years then it would have happened 5 days before the anniversary. Even further out! :P

but not if you use the Julian calender!:p

but not if you use the Julian calender!:p

It's "calendar" not "calender" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

With all the conspiracy theories being bandied about here,has anyone mentioned that this plant has been warned before about safety & procedures.

Advertisement