Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

juice sampler box

Options
  • 16-04-2013 1:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

so I have about 30 bottles of juice that I wont be using again. some are mostly full, some only have about 5ml left in them

there's too many that are nearly empty to bother selling so I figured I'd just throw them in a box and do another one of those pass the parcel things

first person to reply in the thread gets them first, try them for a few days/a week, whatever.. then send them on to whoever replies second in the thread and so on so forth until the eu bans vaping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 toadinhole

good idea Sir Digby,put me on the list please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

grand, pm me your address and I'll drop it in the post tomorrow

might get it done today.. but most likely tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

very generous idea sir digby - toadinhole can I go after you ?

very generous idea sir digby - toadinhole can I go after you ?

yes richard pm me your address,i will send it onto you after a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I'd like to jump in on this as well please, I'll pm my address to toadinhole?

• Advertisement

well richard will have it after him so pm it to richard I guess

rickyjb wrote: »
    I'd like to jump in on this as well please, I'll pm my address to toadinhole?

i will be sending it to richardw001,so you would have to pm your address to him , he then sends the box to you,the next person on the list pms you,and on and on etc --i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I've about 20 full 10ml bottles that need a home too, will join up and add them to the package after ricky...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭W0bble5

I've a bundle of juices as well that I can pass along. Can I go after Lucutus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

toadinhole wrote: »
    i will be sending it to richardw001,so you would have to pm your address to him , he then sends the box to you,the next person on the list pms you,and on and on etc --i think

Got mixed up in the order there, sounds good.
    Lucutus wrote: »
    I've about 20 full 10ml bottles that need a home too, will join up and add them to the package after ricky...

Sounds like I jumped in too early!

I only have a modest collection but I'm sure I have a couple of bottles I can add. I can see postage costs spiralling out of control if everybody adds something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I'd love to join in with this - I have a couple of bottles I could add. Would I be after W0bble5? Will PM my address...

yes richard pm me your address,i will send it onto you after a few days

PMed my postal address there to you

In terms of some suggestions - I reckon we should call it the "Sir Digby Mermorial Parcel" and maybe people hang onto it for 4-7 days ?

Other thing - just on the last pass the parcel - didn't it go missing ? - any way/ideas we can prevent this happening again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ooh can i sign up for this? :)

if there are 30 or 40 juices maybe it could be split into 2 or 3 parcels ,tobacco,other flavours,minty,etc
    have differant lists for each parcel
    i know i wouldnt be interested in minty other people wouldnt want tobacco
    3 diff parcels if one goes missing theres still 2 more
    just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

The only thing I find that can satisfy my needs for 'texture' is cigarillos. I'd love to find something else I like. Can someone organise a list and put me on the bottom?

Okay list so far (correct me if I got it wrong) for the Sir Digby Memorial parcel is

toadinhole
    me
    rickyjb
    lucutus
    wobble5
    darkginger
    artyeva
    jamie72

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Can i be added to the list? :) Can throw in a few bottles i don't see myself vaping anymore. Awesome idea :D

thanks sir digby,the goody box arrived today,some great flavours in there,really liking the esi blueberry sin, to me theres a tobacco flavour in it with blueberry,
    i will send it off to next on the list richardw001 tomorrow
    should i put in some more juices and a dripper?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mandferguson

Can i be added to the list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Can i be added to the list please.

I'll jump in. I've a few juices to add.

Can people please throw in any empty 5 to 7 ml bottles so I can put in a few mls of some of my good stuff-

• Advertisement

if there are 30 or 40 juices maybe it could be split into 2 or 3 parcels ,tobacco,other flavours,minty,etc
    have differant lists for each parcel
    i know i wouldnt be interested in minty other people wouldnt want tobacco
    3 diff parcels if one goes missing theres still 2 more
    just a thought

Looking at the old parcel (missing ?) threads on here .. some suggestions

Do we want to split the parcel - how do people feel about splitting the parcel in two with say a week of a gap between them ? - that way if we get a blip in the chain - at least not all is lost ? probably increases the post costs a little however people will have more than one parcel to look forward to - and more time to try out juices.

Other suggestion would be that if someone doesn't have some juice to throw in - perhaps if they want instead after they have had their turn they could paypal a few euros to one of the regulars on the forum whose further down on the list (or Sir Digby if he wants to stay involved ?)
    That way someone could buy in some samples before the parcel even gets to them - to keep the contents varied and to keep it going.

Other suggestions welcome !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Juice sample parcel is a good idea. I know i have some juice here I don't really get with but others would probably enjoy. Splitting the parcel seems like hassle to track and having to pay a few euros destroys the spirit of the thing imo.

I would suggest that people on the list provide a contact phone number as well as their address to the previous person on this list and they are called before the package is sent to confirm.

That way, someone on the list has a contact number for the last person to receive the package and they can be poked by a quick call, rather than sending the heavies around in the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Lucutus wrote: »
    Juice sample parcel is a good idea. I know i have some juice here I don't really get with but others would probably enjoy. Splitting the parcel seems like hassle to track and having to pay a few euros destroys the spirit of the thing imo.

I would suggest that people on the list provide a contact phone number as well as their address to the previous person on this list and they are called before the package is sent to confirm.

That way, someone on the list has a contact number for the last person to receive the package and they can be poked by a quick call, rather than sending the heavies around in the van.

Yip perhaps even some proof of address or identity. Link to Facebook page minimum. Photocopy of passport. 50% interest per day. Then finally blacked out van and a hood over there head.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Yip perhaps even some proof of address or identity. Link to Facebook page minimum. Photocopy of passport. 50% interest per day. Then finally blacked out van and a hood over there head.

ah now I wouldn't go that far :-)

Not a bad idea to ask people to join the irish vapours facebook group and link that way though !

with sir digbys blessing the box has been divided into 2 boxes,i decanted some juices into some smaller bottles and added some from my stash so the 2 boxes are nearly identicle,so the waiting time to receive the box should be less,now on there way to next on the list richard001 and last on the list jaime72,so richard sends it to rickyjb and jaime72 sends it to artyeva etc,so it looks like wooble5 will be getting 2 boxes and can start a shop

Did we set a time limit on how long you can have the boxes?

max a week I guess, seems a reasonable enough time to sample a load of juices although if you can get it out faster no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

So 1 box is going from the top to the bottom of the list, and the other is going from the bottom to the top?

Aye. I've never been so happy to end up on the end of a list :p

• Advertisement

couple of people came in after i did the list of names if you look at the thread - not sure if they get added to the middle or the end of the list now though :-)

Advertisement