Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Bombing

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Jonny7 wrote: »
    That unit was shut down or not?

It would have been if the Boston attacks never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

So he wanted to kill himself --> shot himself in the neck --> was so injured that he couldn't finish the job --- > then climbed out of the boat all by himself?
    Whose story? Do we even have an official story yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

It would have been if the Boston attacks never happened.

Yup, they're keeping a unit that apparently came in useful.

Common sense really.

Anynama141 wrote: »
    Whose story? Do we even have an official story yet?

I've been away for a couple of days and just got to see some headlines. Maybe you or someone else can fill in the gaps or correct me?

This is the official story as far as I know it:

1. 2 bombs go off during the Boston Marathon
    2. Some (2?) days later the FBI reveals about 15 seconds of film footage of two brothers unidentified males walking around and nothing else.
    3. These become the official suspects - both have been previously interviewed by the FBI.
    4. In the time between the bombing and the release of the images those fingered by the FBI have been leading their normal lives with their wives and children or going to the gym and college parties and sleeping in their college dorm.
    5. Neither suspect makes any attempt to flee despite having 48 hours to do so. Even though the exploded backpack has been found, the FBI have given a description of them and and there intense campaign to ID anyone remotely suspicious or fitting the description ..
    6. Two completely seperate individuals are ID'd as suspects as heard over police radio on the night of the FBI press conference
    7. The two brothers kill a policeman while he is sitting in his car for some strange reason.
    8. They then hijack a car, take the driver hostage and tell him "we are the bombers" but don't kill him for some reason.
    9. They are stopped by police who kill the elder brother but the younger one somehow escapes and somehow manages to evade police.
    10. He hides in a boat. Ends up with a bullethole in his neck and is found by police and surrenders.

Yup, they're keeping a unit that apparently came in useful.

Common sense really.

Useful??????????????????????????

How were they useful? There was casualties and fatalities on their watch FFS (or by their hand)

• Advertisement

2. Some (2?) days later the FBI reveals about 15 seconds of film footage of two brothers unidentified males walking around and nothing else.
    3. These become the official suspects - both have been previously interviewed by the FBI.
    4. In the time between the bombing and the release of the images those fingered by the FBI have been leading their normal lives with their wives and children or going to the gym and college parties and sleeping in their college dorm.
    5. Neither suspect makes any attempt to flee despite having 48 hours to do so. Even though the exploded backpack has been found, the FBI have given a description of them and and there intense campaign to ID anyone remotely suspicious or fitting the description ..
    6. Two completely seperate individuals are ID'd as suspects as heard over police radio on the night of the FBI press conference
    7. The two brothers kill a policeman while he is sitting in his car for some strange reason.
    8. They then hijack a car, take the driver hostage and tell him "we are the bombers" but don't kill him for some reason.
    9. They are stopped by police who kill the elder brother but the younger one somehow escapes and somehow manages to evade police.
    10. He hides in a boat. Ends up with a bullethole in his neck and is found by police and surrenders.
    Without wanting to sound critical, some elements of that narrative seem to rely on confused press reporting of events, itself based on confused reporting of the event from official sources.

I think we will need a couple of weeks for the facts to come out in a coherent manner and be digested and disseminated by competent journalists. For the last few days the press frenzy around this has caused all manner of 'publish and be damned' incorrect and confused info to muddy the waters.

In summary - I don't have a proper understanding of events myself, so I'm in no position to help anyone else...

Useful??????????????????????????

How were they useful? There was casualties and fatalities on their watch FFS (or by their hand)

They are a precautionary unit against WMD attack.

So if the country ever gets attacked by chemical, biological or nuclear (dirty bomb, etc), the senate doesn't turn around and ask the president why he wasn't the slightest bit prepared

They would rather fork-out gallons of cash, to have these units sitting there doing nothing, than to have some sort of attack and not have the units in the first place.

As to what they do exactly? look it up

As to what use they provided on the day? logistics? coordination? go look it up

As to whether they were involved in another unproven nefarious plot by the authorities... experience tells me, somehow, it'll be as believable as the last unproven nefarious government plot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

stuar banned for overly aggressive posting and personal insults.

Reminder to everyone to calm it down. There is no need to be aggressive towards each other, and with a lack of confirmed evidence, people's beliefs are subjective and may differ to yours. No need to get into an argument about it.

They are a precautionary unit against WMD attack.
    They are a reactive unit. They respond to attacks. Yet they were hanging around the scene BEFORE an attack.

You said they were "useful". Nothing could be further from the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Parable123

• Advertisement

They are a reactive unit. They respond to attacks. Yet they were hanging around the scene BEFORE an attack.

I'm no expert on this stuff, but would it not make sense to have a reactive unit on site to examine the area for traces of a dirty bomb or biological warfare agents or whatever, rather than calling them out from somewhere with a delay after something has happened?

Presumably those guys were able to tell immediately that there were no signs that it was a dirty bomb and then the first responders etc. could react appropriately. If it HAD been a dirty bomb or a chemical/biological agent, then there would be a different emergency plan swing into operation?

(I know little enough about this - just trying to apply common sense)

Parable123 wrote: »
    Here's a strange one

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2013/04/boston-bombing-did-you-notice-this-video-2450272.html

here's the official tweet.

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886879453892609

Why would the Boston Globe tweet about a controlled explosion?
    Well there are two possibilities as I see it:

1. The Boston Globe blew the gaff on the whole conspiracy by telling the world that the authorities would be detonating a bomb at the Boston Marathon. This seems unlikely.

2. The Boston Globe was referring to the controlled explosion of something deemed suspicious by the police in the wake of the bombings, the way they routinely do controlled explosions in this country and in airports etc. - this seems more likely to me.

Occam's Razor is your friend. :)

The one of him getting out of the boat is slightly strange.

All of the aerial shots and the daytime shot of the boat show it's tight against the fence and facing towards the house. Yet in the photo of him getting out of it looks like it's facing the other way. If ya get me. Maybe i'm seeing it wrong.

I see what you mean, it does look wrong, unless its a faked picture, but it's been shown across the net, on TV etc, but there is definately something up with that pic?, theres something wrong with the whole story if you ask me, the tweets by the boston globe etc, is it all coincidence or is it connected somehow?

Is it just that theres so much dis-information to confuse the average joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Parable123 wrote: »

i was listening to the police scanner that night....there was a message that came across the radio saying they had found a suspect device and they would be carrying out a controlled explosion within a minute or 2 on boylen street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

although something else has just popped into my head.... while i was listening to the scanner later on...a cop came on saying confirmed explosion @ jfk library.. the dispatcher asked confirmed....he replied confirmed explosion definitely incendiary....i know the official story changed a few times on this but never heard the final official report... but how could they have planted a 3rd bomb?

Maybe they should have been eating donuts in their offices rather than spooking conspiracy theorists at a high profile event and potential terrorist target.

Which actually turned out to be a real terrorist target.

Actually, no, I used the phrase "apparently useful", because I don't know precisely what they did on the day.

You have your own personal opinion on them fine.

Here's what they do in general (this refers to the 103rd team)
    http://c21.maxwell.af.mil/wmd-cst/cst_factsheet_103rd.pdf

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team, also known as a CST, is a full time, federally funded National Guard unit established under Presidential Decision Directive 39. Originally designated “RAID” for Rapid Assessment and Initial Detection, the teams were renamed Civil
    Support Teams, to emphasize their supporting role to civil authorities. There are a total of 32 active CST’s in the nation, organized under the 10 FEMA regions. The 103rd CST is stationed at Fort Richardson, Alaska

The CST organization is designed to augment local and regional terrorism response capabilities in events known or suspected to involve Weapons of Mass Destruction. WMD events are incidents involving hostile use of chemicals (such as nerve or blister agents, or toxic industrial chemicals - TICs), biological (for example, anthrax or ricin), or radiological source. The CST deploys to an area of operations to: Assess a suspected chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high yield explosive (CBRNE) event in support of a local Incident Commander. Advise civilian responders regarding appropriate response actions, and; Assist in expediting arrival of additional state and federal assets to help save lives, prevent human suffering, and mitigate property damage.

The CST is not designed to replace the First Responder. The team integrates into the Incident
    Command System (ICS) in support of the local Incident Commander, providing a crucial capability
    between the initial local response and that of follow-on federal and state assets. Municipal Fire,
    HAZMAT, Police, and EMS agencies have a proven capability to deal with most emergencies.
    Larger incidents use mutual aid plans and the ICS to cope with the emergency. However, a WMD
    attack would present unique obstacles, such as identification of a military agent or spread of
    contamination, that could quickly overwhelm existing local and state resources. The CST provides
    rapid detection and analysis of chemical, biological, and radiological hazards agents at a WMD
    Incident scene. The team is trained for CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and
    103d CST (WMD) Fact sheet: 11/7/03103d CST (WMD)
    Explosive) response, and can provide advice on event mitigation, medical treatment, follow-on
    resources, and other response concerns to the Incident Commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I've been away for a couple of days and just got to see some headlines. Maybe you or someone else can fill in the gaps or correct me?

I thought he killed his brother by knocking him down in the stoeln merc while trying to escape

i was listening to the police scanner that night....there was a message that came across the radio saying they had found a suspect device and they would be carrying out a controlled explosion within a minute or 2 on boylen street

I heard on the news and scanners they were having multiple demolitions

I'm not sure which ones went ahead though

The one of him getting out of the boat is slightly strange.

All of the aerial shots and the daytime shot of the boat show it's tight against the fence and facing towards the house. Yet in the photo of him getting out of it looks like it's facing the other way. If ya get me. Maybe i'm seeing it wrong.

Looking at the photo again it could be that the tarp is causing a curved shadow and making it look like the front of the boat, when it is not, it would depend on the direction of the light and the shape of the tarp, the side he's climbing from is straight and the opposite looks curved, which makes me think its a shadow causing that affect.

iZkhb60Fxr9Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Well there are two possibilities as I see it:

1. The Boston Globe blew the gaff on the whole conspiracy by telling the world that the authorities would be detonating a bomb at the Boston Marathon. This seems unlikely.

2. The Boston Globe was referring to the controlled explosion of something deemed suspicious by the police in the wake of the bombings, the way they routinely do controlled explosions in this country and in airports etc. - this seems more likely to me.

Occam's Razor is your friend. :)

Surely if they were doing a controlled explosion on a street chocabloc with spectators, they'd evacuate the area? I'm not into my conspiracy theories really, but this stuff, coupled with the presence of military personnel at the scene is bizarre.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Surely if they were doing a controlled explosion on a street chocabloc with spectators, they'd evacuate the area? I'm not into my conspiracy theories really, but this stuff, coupled with the presence of military personnel at the scene is bizarre.
    Depends on when it was done and where, I guess? If it was somewhere quiet/isolated, perhaps there was no need, or they did but that story was lost in what happened later?

If it was after the bombing, the area probably already was evacuated.

Sin City wrote: »
    I thought he killed his brother by knocking him down in the stoeln merc while trying to escape

Not according to this eyewitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Police did say he escaped on foot after the shootout, I think the media reports of him running over the brother were false

Police did say he escaped on foot after the shootout, I think the media reports of him running over the brother were false
    This account says that the brother did it.
    Offering the first detailed account of the firefight, Police Chief Edward Deveau, of Watertown, Massachusetts, where the drama had unfolded early Friday morning, has revealed that 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev walked towards officers firing a gun before he ran out of ammunition and was tackled to the ground.
    'He all of a sudden comes out from under cover and just starts walking down the street, shooting at our police officers, trying to get closer,' Deveau said.
    'Now, my closest officer is five to 10 feet away, and they're exchanging gunfire between them. And he runs out of ammunition -- the bad guy -- and so one of my police officers comes off the side and tackles him in the street.'
    He was in the process of being handcuffed by two or three officers when his younger brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar, jumped behind the wheel of a black SUV the two hand allegedly carjacked earlier and barreled toward the group.
    Officers who were restraining Tamerlan Tsarnaev got out of the way of the speeding vehicle, which ended up driving over the wounded suspect, the police chief told CNN.
    According to Deveau, the 19-year-old suspect dragged his sibling’s body a short distance down the street and drove off. He later ditched the SUV and escaped on foot.
    I don't understand though how a police officer would let the guy get 5 feet away from him firing a gun...and was Tsarnaev wearing body armour or something?

Sin City wrote: »
    and just to say he had owned a Mercedes. This one I believe in the b/g.

137485-tamerlan-tsarnaev.jpg

I think his fundamentalist Muslim clothes were in the wash that day.

I think his fundamentalist Muslim clothes were in the wash that day.
    Evidence that he was a Muslim extremist: he bombed hundreds of innocent US citizens.
    Evidence that he wasn't: he dressed normally.

:pac:

'He all of a sudden comes out from under cover and just starts walking down the street, shooting at our police officers, trying to get closer,' Deveau said.
    'Now, my closest officer is five to 10 feet away, and they're exchanging gunfire between them. And he runs out of ammunition -- the bad guy -- and so one of my police officers comes off the side and tackles him in the street.'
    He was in the process of being handcuffed by two or three officers when his younger brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar, jumped behind the wheel of a black SUV the two hand allegedly carjacked earlier and barreled toward the group.
    Officers who were restraining Tamerlan Tsarnaev got out of the way of the speeding vehicle, which ended up driving over the wounded suspect, the police chief told CNN.
    According to Deveau, the 19-year-old suspect dragged his sibling’s body a short distance down the street and drove off. He later ditched the SUV and escaped on foot.

What a fairytale.

1. The brothers are the ones being hunted, they are hidden but choose to reveal themselves.
    2. In the time it takes for the brother to run out of ammunition (and don't forget he was the ambusher) neither he nor a trained professional can shoot each other from 5-10 yards.
    3. Despite being the lead suspect in a terrorist case, supposedly having killed a police man that day and currently involved in a shootout with police he is tackled to the ground??? Total bollox!

Evidence that he was a Muslim extremist: he bombed hundreds of innocent US citizens.
    1 - I'm sure you are familiar that a "fundamentalism Muslim" and a "Muslim extremist" are not the same thing?
    2 - No evidence has been provided yet that he bombed anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Is it possible for the people who believe that there is something fishy to outline what should have happened if it wasn't a false flag or whatever?

Because it seems that every single argument hinges on the idea that there is a set, normal way for things to play out that this situation deviates from. Yet seeming every single possible detail would indicate that there is a conspiracy.

So far we have: them running and hiding indicates a conspiracy. Them not running and hiding indicates a conspiracy.
    Them being normal with no prior suspicious activity then suddenly becoming terrorists indicates a conspiracy. One of them being questioned by the FBI indicates a conspiracy.
    Them not being found by cctv indicates a conspiracy then them being found by cctv indicates a conspiracy.

It seems no matter what actually happened or what evidence turns up, it was always going to be a conspiracy.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Is it possible for the people who believe that there is something fishy to outline what should have happened if it wasn't a false flag or whatever?

Jihadi Terrorist

Suicide-bombing. Happening earlier when the elite runners were competing and the crowds were vastly larger. Maximum damage and instant martyrdom.

Chechen Nationalist Terrorist

Attacks Russia.

Obscure, uncertain motivated terrorist who wants to survive the attack and not get caught

Has an escape plan that doesn't involve going to school, going to parties, going to the gym, killing a police man for no apparent reason and hiding in a boat until you are found.

Does wear a disguise when planting the bomb. Shaves his distinctive curly hair. Grows a beard. Has an escape route pre-planned. Has fake passports. Has a pile of cash and gets out of dodge as quickly as possible.

Mercenary Terrorist

Follows orders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement