Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Combos

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I saw a chap spend the night drinking pints of Guinness & Lucozade in my local a few years ago. Totally wierd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Blue aftershock is ok but the red one is rotten. I remembered another good drink combo. Fill a shot glass three quarters with kahlua and then use baileys to top it up so the baileys sits on top of the kahlua. Its called a baby guinness, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

tim3000 wrote: »
    I was in Germany twice couldn't find any nice beers except Mixeries which is beer mixed with a flavoring. Any recommendations?

So you like sweeter drinks? Some of the Belgian stuff could be for you, though be warned it often packs a punch. There's a few breweries around the place in Ireland/UK that do Chocolate Stout, not my thing exactly but I know people who wouldn't be beer fans have tried it & liked it. Best bet is to find a good brew pub with a large variety of beers & ask the barman then spend an evening experimenting. If you're lucky the place will sell sample trays of beers so you can try a small amount of several at a time. The various Porterhouses in Dublin are usually good for this, as is the Franciscan Well in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

My favourite combo would a drink we call the headmelter . 1 measure of jack daniels , 1 measure of archers , 1 measure of vodka , 3 shots of cola cubes and top it off with some 7 up .

The worst thing I have ever tasted would be flaming aftershocks . You put some aftershock in a wine glass and light it on fire . Spin the wine glass for about 40 seconds . Pour the aftershock into a glass and put the wine glass upside down on blue roll with a straw sticking through it . Drink the aftershock and inhale the gas out of the wine glass .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I mixed vodka with sparkling water once, worst idea I've ever had.

Vodka with Club Lemon is nice, takes the edge off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

13spanner wrote: »
    I mixed vodka with sparkling water once, worst idea I've ever had.

Vodka with Club Lemon is nice, takes the edge off it.

Vodka & Club Lemon is fair tasty, as is vodka & Fanta.

Jameson & Red lemonade, nice old boys drink

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Custardpi wrote: »
    So you like sweeter drinks? Some of the Belgian stuff could be for you, though be warned it often packs a punch. There's a few breweries around the place in Ireland/UK that do Chocolate Stout, not my thing exactly but I know people who wouldn't be beer fans have tried it & liked it. Best bet is to find a good brew pub with a large variety of beers & ask the barman then spend an evening experimenting. If you're lucky the place will sell sample trays of beers so you can try a small amount of several at a time. The various Porterhouses in Dublin are usually good for this, as is the Franciscan Well in Cork.

I like sweeter things all right ciders vodkas and redbulls that kinda thing. I have had that chocolate stout before wasn't too pleased with it. Next time in Cork or Dublin I'll seek them out cheers. Often O briens off licenses do tasters as well ill have a look in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Jeebus how could I forget

Southern Comfort and Red Lemonade tasty wee drink is that

Brandy and 7up is surprisingly nice

And JD & Ginger Ale can drink it til the cows come home

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

DaithiMa wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and ran out of beer at a mates house last week so he got the poitin out. Only mixer available was this rancidly disgusting pineappleade drink called SMAK(looked like it was sourced from an Afghanistani poundshop). I wouldn't recommend it, Poitin and smak is a combo not to be messed with..

they still make SMAK?????

20p cans were my childhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

retalivity wrote: »
    they still make SMAK?????

20p cans were my childhood

LOL
    That's taking a lot of us back

Smak:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Smak sounds lovely :)

My boyfriend drinks gin and bitter lemon. I don't know how unusual that is but it was the first time I heard of it. Tasted gross :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Smak sounds lovely :)

My boyfriend drinks gin and bitter lemon. I don't know how unusual that is but it was the first time I heard of it. Tasted gross :/

Very common drink, gin and bitter lemon but def an acquired taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

3/4s of a pint of Bulmers topped up with Blue Wkd is lovely.

Buckfast, white wine, bulmers & vodka in a pint glass... Surprisingly not the worst thing I've ever drank.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Cointreau and Red Bull is a nice one. (aka Skittle-Bomb)

I once drank what I called wineken. Red wine and heineken at the same time through two straws. I lasted about 10 mins after that and there's still a red puke stain outside my old appartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Captain Morgans and Red Lemonade, tastes exactly the same as Frosties. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Smivvy's Cola Kubes vodka is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

tim3000 wrote: »
    Southern Comfort and West Coast Cooler. Absolutely gorgeous

Brandy and Blue WKD

a drop of lime in that is really nice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

1 part buckfast mixed with 2 parts extremely dry bitter homemade cider. Makes the buckfast bearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

SV wrote: »
    Captain Morgans and Red Lemonade, tastes exactly the same as Frosties. Delish.

I must try that! sounds nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Had an impromptu game of Kings at the end of a failed college shindig once, the "King's cup" contained Budweiser, some other macro-lager (Fosters, I think), Coke, bourbon from my own bottle and Exputex... it was honestly amazing! :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Guinness Rum. I saw this on Twitter coming up to Paddy's Day and had to try it. It tastes fantastic!

Spiced rum, Guinness and ginger beer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGtU_xoCQAEs7Am.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

What would you put in girst cause id like to try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Had an impromptu game of Kings at the end of a failed college shindig once, the "King's cup" contained Budweiser, some other macro-lager (Fosters, I think), Coke, bourbon from my own bottle and Exputex... it was honestly amazing! :o

Oh stop, I had dutch gold, white wine, vodka and cooking oil before. I feel ill when I think of it, but I drank it so I didn't look like a chicken :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Schmeiniken....
    You guessed it, Smirnoff Ice and Heiniken.

Tastes great (like a shandy) and you'll have a great night on it, but you'll be sorry the next day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

BizzyC wrote: »
    Schmeiniken....
    You guessed it, Smirnoff Ice and Heiniken.

Tastes great (like a shandy) and you'll have a great night on it, but you'll be sorry the next day....

that sounds interesting, I drank something called a hydro-shandy while on holiday in Ibiza a few years back and was lovely and also potent, this could possibly be the holy grail of shandys I have been looking for all these years :)

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Went out in Galway one night with a few friends.....twas a good night but one of the lads doesn't know when to stop.

When we woke up the next morning (from a lot of shouting and roaring) we found him down in the kitchen with a full pint glass of Vodka, Red Bull and about 3 beroccas....needless to say he didn't come down for a while - dunno how he didn't die of a heart attack :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

dubstarr wrote: »
    What would you put in girst cause id like to try it.
    There's a video of it being poured. Nom I want one now!
    https://vine.co/v/bdvwqET9dip

Advertisement