Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Combos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Double southern comfort with a bottle of Blue WKD on top in a pint glass, lovely stuff. Also had bailys, coco liqueur and mint liqueur mixed for me before, tasted like a mint aero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Brandy and chocolate milk yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

1 shot of Bailey's Irish Cream + 1 shot of lime cordial in two seperate shot glasses

- First put the lime shot in your mouth and then followed by the baileys, mix it in your mouth, gargle and swallow. . .

It's called the 'Women's Revenge' :D

Gin, west coast cooler, dash of lime in a pint glass with ice and a straw. Roll on summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

This reminds me of on a night out I mixed Bucky and Absinthe to make " Bucksinthe ".
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Rocket Fuel. Ingredients: 1 bottle of buckfast, 1 bottle of cheap energy drink, 1 naggin of vodka.

Every time you take a swig of the bucky top it up with energy drink until all the energy drink is gone, then do the same with the vodka, and then finish the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I usually like to just drink jameson with ice but recently i started adding a little lime. Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Skol 1080 and Carlsberg Special Brew (central heating for tramps) mixed in a pint glass makes...

The Afterbirth.

So called because they don't mix and you end up with a horrid cloudy mix with big lumps forming in it.

Great for playing catch up when you go out late though.

"“We took the lager and froze the water out of it,” says Mike.

“This gave us a syrupy drink which was put into tankers and reconstituted at the other end with specially treated water before being sold to the public.

“The project was kept heavily secret within the group and I never heard of any other breweries doing it.”

A sideline of this reconstituted drink was the alcoholic syrup, which could also be drunk in its neat form.

The result was Skol Special Strength 1080, which Mike says was like ‘rocket fuel’.

“1040 would be four per cent strength so Skol 1080 was a very strong beer. A small glass of it was the equivalent of four or five pints.”"

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PrincessPreach

Real Life wrote: »
    I usually like to just drink jameson with ice but recently i started adding a little lime. Very nice.

Ooohhh....don't go too nuts over there....lime??? Whoa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Malibu and 7up is where it's at!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Ooohhh....don't go too nuts over there....lime??? Whoa..

is that not what the thread is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PrincessPreach

Real Life wrote: »
    is that not what the thread is about?

Yeah...but i was hoping to be inspired...adding lime is a bit lame
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Bucky and eckies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Bucky and eckies

As in Dos Equis? Sounds interesting....

Yeah...but i was hoping to be inspired...adding lime is a bit lame
    :pac:

well you dont want to be adding too much to it or its going to ruin it. Its best left alone really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pear Cider and green mickey finns

Cola Cubes and tequila rose. tastes like calpol

Tequila and sambuca. JD, Captain Morgans and coke. Remember fcuk from that night drinking those two concoctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

A single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Combinations of lots of different spirits never ends well. A shot with half vodka and half sambuca isn't bad. Theres is a name for it but I can't remember it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Pear Cider and green mickey finns

Cola Cubes and tequila rose. tastes like calpol

Tequila and sambuca. JD, Captain Morgans and coke. Remember fcuk from that night drinking those two concoctions.

That sounds utterly vile. Sure fire vomit producer.

Quick tip acquired from living in the Southwest; Jose Cuervo tequila is utter muck, which is why people get sick on it so much.

Jose Cuervo is 51% agave and then grain alcohol. The gold is just coloured not aged.

So a bit like making a whiskey and then cutting it with cheap poitin - Look for a tequila made from 100% agave. Silver, then Reposado, Anejo, then extra Anejo make up the ageing grades.

But look for 100% Agave - worth it to make up the difference.

And the worm thing is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

longshanks wrote: »
    Brandy and chocolate milk yo.
    That's the cheap version of a Brandy Alexander, I suppose. Which is very nice, though not typically drank in public by blokes who are a bit insecure about their sexuality. :o

A friend of mine likes a drink called B & B, a mix of Brandy & Bénédictine* which is available pre-bottled. I don't like it. I did like brandy & Cointreau ... and it turns out that's almost also a proper cocktail too (the Sidecar).

I need my own bar, so I can experiment with cocktails. I actually mixed brandy and Irish whisky a few months ago, as a test. Only a tiny amount. The whole was less than the sum of its parts, I have to say ...

* If you don't know what Bénédictine is, well, Jägermeister is like Bénédictine Lite. Try chugging shots of that stuff, both your hair and your poo will turn olive green, and you'll smell like a medieval apothecary for a fortnight. Assuming it stays down for more than a minute, that is.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Cava and mixed fruit kopparberg is doing the job right now but may be a different story in the morn;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

<Michael Caine voice>
    Did you know Champagne and Absinthe was the first champagne cocktail?
    </Michael Caine voice>

Try it - it is awesome; you can layer the absinthe on top of the champagne. Be careful though..I remember walking into a bar in Prague undecided what drink to have, at the bar was an empty wheelchair and a guy on the ground. Plus his two friends laughing hysterically.
    I said I'm not sure what I'm having,
    Barman says have what he had, 3 shots of absinthe in 10 minutes.
    What happened I asked.
    Guy forgot he couldn't walk, says he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I used to suck a hard sweet and drink vodka straight. Couldn't stomach it now, hall's soothers were the best!

Was out a few weeks ago and someone put a shot of sambuca in his Guinness. That can't be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I drank vodka, wine and milk mixed together one night in uni.

Would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭event

a jager bomb, but you're dropping the jager shot into a double vodka and red bull.
    Vodka and milk
    Vodka and water

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Is there anything to be said for Malibu and Coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

kingcobra wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for Malibu and Coke?

Malibu and red lemonade is gorgeous, tastes like cola cubes !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I used to suck a hard sweet and drink vodka straight. Couldn't stomach it now, hall's soothers were the best!

Was out a few weeks ago and someone put a shot of sambuca in his Guinness. That can't be nice...

Well when I was about 17-19 I used to put a pernod and black in my Guinness. It was quite nice actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I used to go for Port & Brandy, they where tasty. On cold days when I worked on sites we used to have a Bailyes and Brandy; a few of them and you heated up.

Advertisement