Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Combos

Options
  • 13-04-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I'm a big fan of Guinness and often drink it at home but I always wish it was creamier. So last night I had a brainwave. I went to the shop and bought a 6 pack and a carton of fresh cream. I put a big teaspoon of cream into my pint glass before adding the Guinness. It was gorgeous!! It tasted like the Guinness in Ireland (i don't live there....obviously).

It curdled a little and turned a weird maroon colour but it was really gorgeous.

Another of my favourite drinks is rum and ginger ale. One night recently I came home drunk and there was no booze in the gaf except for crabbies ginger ale beer and a bottle of rum so I thought...f*ck it...why not,,,,and mixed them together. I call it 'Crum'. I can't say it tasted great but i can say that I nearly puked on the tube the next day thinking about it.

So what about you? Any recommendations or suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I was desperate for a mixer one morning and had Actimel with vodka. We nicknamed it "Vodkamel". I'll be honest, this particular I wouldn't recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Rocket Fuel. Ingredients: 1 bottle of buckfast, 1 bottle of cheap energy drink, 1 naggin of vodka.

Every time you take a swig of the bucky top it up with energy drink until all the energy drink is gone, then do the same with the vodka, and then finish the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

I'm a big fan of Guinness and often drink it at home but I always wish it was creamier. So last night I had a brainwave. I went to the shop and bought a 6 pack and a carton of fresh cream. I put a big teaspoon of Guinness into my pint glass before adding the Guinness.

So what about you? Any recommendations or suggestions?

Suggest you call it Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was at a party at my mate's family house. When we arrived, he got us drinks which tasted pretty good. He said "it's vodka. I couldn't find a mixer, so I just put in some Calpol". Night was a blur

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PrincessPreach

Was at a party at my mate's family house. When we arrived, he got us drinks which tasted pretty good. He said "it's vodka. I couldn't find a mixer, so I just put in some Calpol". Night was a blur

Eeewwww jesus....i'm hungover and that almost made me sick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Don't knock it til you try it.

Well, after the events that unfolded that night, I'm won't be touching it ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Original west coast cooler, mickey Finns blue & vodka makes a savage cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PrincessPreach

Red wine and ribena is lovely and so is red wine topped up with cranberry juice.
    I once had a kidney infection and was told not to drink alcohol but used to drink red wine with cran juice as its good for kidneys...the cranberries...not the vino

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Red wine and Coca Cola, when I was young and stupid.
    Wasn't great but hey we also did beer and vitamin C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Hazelnut Baileys mixed with vodka and creme de cassis.

This is a thing that actually happened not 12 hours ago and is also the reason why my toilet is currently covered in vomit and I am too ****ed to clean it up.

I think I'm going blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Southern Comfort and West Coast Cooler. Absolutely gorgeous

Brandy and Blue WKD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The best is cement mixer. A shot of baileys and a shot of lemon juice causes the cream in the baileys to split. Its ratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Red wine and ribena is lovely and so is red wine topped up with cranberry juice.
    I once had a kidney infection and was told not to drink alcohol but used to drink red wine with cran juice as its good for kidneys...the cranberries...not the vino

I knew two oul lads who had no mixer for poitin in the house so they mixed it with ribena.
    When one of them was blind drunk throwing up at home later, his poor mrs assumed he was haemorrhaging internally and called the ambulance. He was too pished to explain, though the docs were wondering about the strange fruit smell as they pumped his stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

vodka and capri sun is great

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

Nevermind the ribena, try red wine and creme de cassis. Mmmmmm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Vodka mixed with west coast cooler. Turns an annoyingly girly drink into a slightly more proper drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lager and Blue Curacao...some neon green coloured, funny tasting stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Real men drink their drinks straight...mixers are for sissies. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

When I was in tenerife we use to drink litres of vodka,red bull,cranberry and a shot or two of amaretto ..it's amazing also vodka red bull and blackcurrant

mconigol wrote: »
    Real men drink their drinks straight...mixers are for sissies. Fact.

Real men drink pints of flaming white spirits with varnish as a mixer. Fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

biko wrote: »

That's actually quite a popular drink in Spain (called Calimocho iirc), though it's considered to be a bit low class. Teenagers "haciendo botellón" (knacker drinking) in the streets are particularly fond of it. I actually think it works better as a drink than its' reputation would seem to indicate. I certainly wouldn't waste good wine on it but if the stuff you're drinking is plonk anyway I reckon the cola improves the taste considerably.

OP, for an interesting mix with Guinness, try drinking rum with it, either using the Guinness as a chaser or by dropping a shot glass full into the pint. The blend of flavours is really nice, dark rums working better than white ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Beer and beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Ladyboys - a pint of lager followed by a Gin and Tonic and then a Baileys chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vodka and Berocca Boost.

Not quite Vodka and Calpol, but a game changer nevertheless.

Used to do Vodka and Bulmers (Vulmers) when I was younger as well as Red Devils. Red Devils consisted of Bulmers, Smirnoff, Bacardi and Razza/Summerfruits or whatever. Think it was more the sugar overload in the latter mix that did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Double vodka and a Smirnoff Ice in a pint glass. Another is vodka & lucozade.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DaithiMa

Double vodka, shot of baileys shot of tia maria and a double of creme de menthe all in a pint glass with ice.My brother introduced me to it. Damn expensive but surprisingly tasty and extremely potent.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Back in the day I used to ask for a double vodka in a pint glass and a bottle of Kopparberg Mixed Fruit cider as a mixer.. the mixed fruit was 7% back then. We used to be destroyed on that concoction.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DaithiMa

Oh yeah, and ran out of beer at a mates house last week so he got the poitin out. Only mixer available was this rancidly disgusting pineappleade drink called SMAK(looked like it was sourced from an Afghanistani poundshop). I wouldn't recommend it, Poitin and smak is a combo not to be messed with..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

biko wrote: »

Nothing stupid about it, quite popular in Czech republic as the red wine didn't used be all the great - coke makes it drinkable. It's quite nice. Just don't you dare do it with anything reasonable.

Great summer drink is a bottle of Fino or Manzanilla sherry and litre of Sprite/7up over lots of ice in a jug. Mix 2:1 Sprite:Sherry You can drink it all day, very refreshing for a summer BBQ.

The Spanish call it Rebujito (REB-OH-HEAT-TOE)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Vodka and milk, delish man.

Advertisement