Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Combos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sambuca with a baileys head.

You get that burn from the sambuca first, then the mellow sweet baileys kicks in and leaves a lovely smooth aftertaste. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

I tried West Coast Cooler and Vodka one night. It ended with me curled up in the foetal position beside a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I tried West Coast Cooler and Vodka one night. It ended with me curled up in the foetal position beside a toilet.

Back in my college days all drinks used to be €2 in the USIT Bar down in Temple bar. Used to get a vodka with a dash of lime and use Lemon Hooch as a mixers, five of them and you were gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

w.k.d with with port thrown in on top :)

Known as a cheeky vimto in England.

Try a Blastaway. One bottle of Castaway(or mad dog 2020) mixed with a bottle of diamond white.

My mate had 18 in three hours and was ill for three months after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Weathered's Winter Warmer and strongbow 1080 snakebite and black, with a creme De menthe depth charge.

Most amazingly technicolored vomit ever produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Vodka and soup
    Vodka and Mr Freeze

Needless to say that night didn't end well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Two favorites of mine:

* Ambulance Chaser - Pint of Kopparberg Cider with a double shot of Finlandia Vodka
    * Blackout Grin - 2 shots of Jack Daniels, 2 shots of Goldschlager, 2 shots of Jaeger, 1 shot of Cola

Also, am partial to:

* Hennessy with orange Juice
    * Amaretto with Orange Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

ven0m wrote: »
    Two favorites of mine:

* Ambulance Chaser - Pint of Kopparberg Cider with a double shot of Finlandia Vodka
    * Blackout Grin - 2 shots of Jack Daniels, 2 shots of Goldschlager, 2 shots of Jaeger, 1 shot of Cola

blackout grin sounds nice and also dangerous, if it were up to me i'd rename it 'the charge sheet' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I tried mixing a can of Pepsi with a 200ml bottle of Jaegermeister. Unfortunately the Pepsi went flat in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Mixed vodka, bacardi, whiskey and coke together = walking charge sheet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Get a watermelon, a funnel and a bottle of vodka. Stick the funnel in the watermelon and over the course of a couple of days, regularly add the vodka.

The vodka replaces some of the water in the watermelon. Cut it open and eat.....nom nom.

One night I was at a party and someone produced a couple of punnets of strawberries and a bottle of bacardi and blended the lot.
    So there ya are, thinking you're drinking a yummy cocktail but it's basically 99% neat bacardi........cue memory loss, turning a lovely shade of green and passing out followed by 3 days of violent sickness.

Fun times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

One year on holiday we invented flaming vodka butties. Soak bread in vodka, light it and eat it. Great, painful fun.

Also one night when we got back to the apartment we decided to make toast. As there was no butter on of the lads decided to use sudacrem instead. Not as successful....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I tried vodka and milk as there was nothing else in the house and I didn't want to drink it raw or with water, I didn't realise it would curdle.

The worst part was I had poured the whole shoulder into a saucepan and added the milk and it was too late to buy more so it was either drink the porridge looking vodka in the saucepan or go out sober. I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

2 shots of blue mickey fins mixed with Smirnoff ice in a pint glass, Smurfs Blood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

davet82 wrote: »
    I invented that drink! 'the flaming homer davet82' I call it :D

seriously though its a tasty drink, 'South Coast Cooler' would be a good name for it and don't forget the ice! :)

Haha you're not from Nenagh by any chance thats where I learned it?

Another one I know is a snakebite. A half pint of cider a half of some beer heineken or something like that. Cider kills the froth of the beer. Drinking is hard when you hate beer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

tim3000 wrote: »
    Drinking is hard when you hate beer

Maybe you haven't found the right beer. Try stuff outside the mass-market swill & you might well find a brew that suits your taste buds. There's a huge variety of flavours out there if you look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

Cuts and Bruises .... a shot of havana club, peach schnaps, tequila and micky finns green with orange juice and ribena..... goes dwn too easy

a nasty shot as well a tgv ... tequila gin vodka .... :P .... all aboard blackoutville

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Was always partial to a Green Diesel - Blue Aftershock + Red After shock topped up with Red Bull

Shots wise an after eight was always tasty - creme de menthe, tia maria & baileys

The one drink I will never have again is a kryptonite cocktail - A pint glass 3 quarters filled with larger, drop in a shot of vodka and a shot of blue curacao and top up with orange juice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Courtesy of my huge, insane Scottish cousins, I give you The Girder.

Vodka and Irn Bru. Usually 4 or 5 vodkas, over ice, topped up with Irn Bru. It's really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

tim3000 wrote: »
    Haha you're not from Nenagh by any chance thats where I learned it?

No not from nenagh....

btw I have patented that drink, you must send me 10 cents for everyone consumed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Slattsy wrote: »
    Sambuca with a baileys head.

You get that burn from the sambuca first, then the mellow sweet baileys kicks in and leaves a lovely smooth aftertaste. Delicious.
    Slippery nipple!

A similar one was a brain haemorrhage. Peach schnapps with Baileys floated on top, then add a dash of grenadine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Brandy mixed with Baileys aka a Belfast bomber. I have no memory of Christmas 1998 thanks to that drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

After too many mornings of my heart wanting to escape my chest I suggested we try 'wiki-bombs' so instead of red bull you use WKD.
    Just as expensive so you don't lose the feeling of downing a 7 euro drink in a couple of seconds.

Another one is 'green diesel' - blue aftershock & red bull. It's frickin delicious but it sounds mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

murrak123 wrote: »
    Cuts and Bruises .... a shot of havana club, peach schnaps, tequila and micky finns green with orange juice and ribena..... goes dwn too easy

a nasty shot as well a tgv ... tequila gin vodka .... :P .... all aboard blackoutville

you should write for drinkaware.ie!

A measure of Scotch with two Berocca Boost, also known as The Mad Bastard. Preferably consumed while stranded in a tent on the side of a mountain in Killarney. Or some whiskey with Monster energy drink, which is known as The Whiskey Monster. A dangerous drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

It's lovely, but I didn't learn my lesson the first time!

Also, a Baileys coffee after a few Millers and a couple of glasses of wine will not leave you feeling too sprightly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Purple Headed Monster - 2 shots of red aftershock, 2 shots of blue aftershock

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Custardpi wrote: »
    Maybe you haven't found the right beer. Try stuff outside the mass-market swill & you might well find a brew that suits your taste buds. There's a huge variety of flavours out there if you look for it.

I was in Germany twice couldn't find any nice beers except Mixeries which is beer mixed with a flavoring. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

ven0m wrote: »
    Purple Headed Monster - 2 shots of red aftershock, 2 shots of blue aftershock

Aftershock is the WORST of all the shots, worse than tequila, sambuca, any of them! It should be banned, luckily you don't really see it much anymore. Have some horrible memories of mornings after drinking it- it's what evil tastes like.

I like a Malibu and West Coast Cooler Rose, think it's sometimes called a Malibu Barbie, delish although it blows the head off you!

Blue Caracao and Orange Juice is yum too although it goes a weird greeny kind of colour.

I drank more than enough last weekend and yet now I want to go out again after reading this thread despite it only being Tuesday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

stimpson wrote: »
    South-West Coast Comfort Cooler would be better.

I prefer what we call it, rolls off the tongue easier: West Coast Comfort.

Anyway, my favourite at the moment would be Havana Club Rum, Ginger Ale and a quart of lime squeezed into the glass first (leave in the quart also). Any deviation from this and it's horrible, but done right it's heaven!

An expensive favourite of mine is Tia Maria, Baileys, Kahlua, Creme de Cacao, milk and a cream head. Could drink them for weeks on end without stopping! Screaming Multiple Orgasm minus the vodka.

Advertisement