Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total war 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Yep, it's the same as yesterday folks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Yep, it's the same as yesterday folks!

Whats the point in streaming the same thing again :s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Definitely wouldn't say no to some barbarian action!

I hope the questions from the audience are better than yesterday too; "Which TW game has been most profitable?" :confused:

The girl sitting in the front row on left hand side wasn't too bad either ;)

I guess it was for anyone who missed it the day before! Was really hoping for a bit of variation though!

What do people think of having one year turns? So far it's kind of my biggest personal biggest gripe! (Despite my policy of giving CA the benefit of the doubt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I personally prefer a longer campaign, and used to mod the first Rome and Med II to have more turns per year. It bugged me that you could only move your stacks, fleets, agents etc so far in "one year", so I guess it depends on the amount of movement points they give us per turn. Forced march could compensate, but will leave you more exposed to attack. I also wonder how they'll implement seasons with 1TPY.

Have been reading a lot of stuff on the various forums from guys who actually played the Battle of the Nile demo at Rezzed, and there seems to be a consensus that the version they played is different to the version shown on the big screen - essentially the playable demo for the masses was more realistic regards battle speed, artillery and chariot effectiveness etc. Seems to have been very well received in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Anyone got any ideas on specs. Building a gaming rig(only need RAM,GPU,CPU,MB) instead of getting the PS4 so I can keep my belvoed Total war series going and hopefully be able to play some of the games Id normally get for the console(BF4,Watchdogs,GTA(because it will eventually :D) etc)

Bloodbath reccommened this.

Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, boxed, LGA1155
    8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9
    Powercolor HD7950 PCS+ 3072MB GDDR5
    ASRock ZH77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX

Really torn at the minute. Really want to get Rome and other PC games but with only a budget of about 6 or 700 I dont know if its better to get the PS4.

Decided to go gaming rig the second I saw the siege of carthage walkthrough. Honestly one of the best things I have ever seen. Was dissapointed with Empire,Napoleon and Shogun(especially) They were good games but just didnt feel right. Nothing will top Medieval 2 for me tho.Rome a close second. If Rome 2 is as good as it looks then Im really hoping for a medieval 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just wondering col,where will you be ordering from?

Just wondering col,where will you be ordering from?

I can only assume you mean me? Hardwareversand.de total is €608.69 including shipping so not that I know much about computers but that sounds pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Really torn at the minute. Really want to get Rome and other PC games but with only a budget of about 6 or 700 I dont know if its better to get the PS4.

Build your rig so you can add in a better graphics card next year when you have more cash (and better cards cost less). It's a great time to have a PC.

grizzly wrote: »
    Build your rig so you can add in a better graphics card next year when you have more cash (and better cards cost less). It's a great time to have a PC.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. Think ill buy those parts for 600 and then in a year or 2 get a second HD7950 or a better card when there cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Unless you're planning on gaming on 27" or 30" monitors with 1440p resolutions you'll almost certainly not require a second 7950 next year. Really, a single 7950 right now is futureproofing for 1080p gaming. You won't have to worry about upgrading for a good bit unless you delve into the silly world of high res gaming (I've done it, it gets stupidly expensive).

nesf wrote: »
    Unless you're planning on gaming on 27" or 30" monitors with 1440p resolutions you'll almost certainly not require a second 7950 next year. Really, a single 7950 right now is futureproofing for 1080p gaming. You won't have to worry about upgrading for a good bit unless you delve into the silly world of high res gaming (I've done it, it gets stupidly expensive).

My monitor is my tv screen Philips LCD TV 37PFL5604H 94 cm (37") Full HD 1080p digital TV with Pixel Plus HD. So if that makes a difference I've no idea.

My monitor is my tv screen Philips LCD TV 37PFL5604H 94 cm (37") Full HD 1080p digital TV with Pixel Plus HD. So if that makes a difference I've no idea.

No, 1080p is 1080p as far as the hardware in your PC is concerned, it doesn't matter how big or small the screen is. One 7950 will do you fine. :)

nesf wrote: »
    No, 1080p is 1080p as far as the hardware in your PC is concerned, it doesn't matter how big or small the screen is. One 7950 will do you fine. :)

Then I guess there's only one thing left to say, it's time for TOTAL WAR!!!

Then I guess there's only one thing left to say, it's time for TOTAL WAR!!!

Enjoy, it should look wonderful for you. :)

Built a whole new budget PC with my brother for Shogun 2. Nice little machine, but it died on me a few months back!

Going to splurge out this time round. (In fairness, I'm mainly upgrading because I need a much more powerful video editing rig, but Rome reeally has been a...'motivating' factor :pac: )

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Built a whole new budget PC with my brother for Shogun 2. Nice little machine, but it died on me a few months back!

Going to splurge out this time round. (In fairness, I'm mainly upgrading because I need a much more powerful video editing rig, but Rome reeally has been a...'motivating' factor :pac: )

Traditionally a Total War game for me has been the breaking point when it came to needing to upgrade. Normally I'd get home, install it on the old machine, take one look at the graphical quality and alt-tab to go find a nice new graphics card. :P

Haha! I know that feeling! I saw the first in game footage for Shogun and just knew that it was time to start looking for PCs!

Yeah I went a bit mad and overdid it for 1440p, then my 27" monitor (a re-purposed iMac, very nice screens on them actually) started giving trouble, or more accurately the mini-Display ports on the two GPUs started acting up so I switched to a much cheaper 24" 1080p monitor and ended up with way too much power for that resolution for the kinds of games I play (2 x 6970s :o).

So I feel silly, 27" was great but honestly I'm happy out with 24" but at least I won't have to upgrade for a nice while. :P

This is true! And now going back up to 27 is always an option!

I'm looking at Korean IPS screens at the minute; beautiful, and much more affordable than the equivalent Dell models!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hey,
    Just on the subject...can anyone give me some suggestions on the types of laptops that would run Rome II? I'm gonna buy one to coincide with the release, and would be prepared to pay up to €700 for it.

Thanks.

Einhard wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just on the subject...can anyone give me some suggestions on the types of laptops that would run Rome II? I'm gonna buy one to coincide with the release, and would be prepared to pay up to €700 for it.

Thanks.

Ask here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529

Minimum requirements:
    CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual Core or 2.6 GHz Single Core

RAM: Win xp - 1GB Memory & Win Vista/7/8 - 2GB Memory

GPU RAM: 512MB with VRAM and 3.0 Shader model

I strongly recommend 4GB of RAM, a quad core if it's going to be a dedicated gaming PC and a better than minimum GPU. But I don't know gaming laptop prices so I've no idea if you can get that for under €700.

Hey,

Thanks.

Don't have great knowledge. You might be set on a laptop for portability or whatever but gaming and laptops tend not to mix and when. They do they tend to be very expensive(700 may not even be enough) I bought a laptop for mediveal 2 and it was a terrible idea. If at all possible get a gaming computer. Spend €700 or more and it will last a while and be able to play games even better than rome 2.

Don't have great knowledge. You might be set on a laptop for portability or whatever but gaming and laptops tend not to mix and when. They do they tend to be very expensive(700 may not even be enough) I bought a laptop for mediveal 2 and it was a terrible idea. If at all possible get a gaming computer. Spend €700 or more and it will last a while and be able to play games even better than rome 2.

I would second this, if it's an option always go for a desktop machine for gaming, it's just not worth the money for a high end gaming laptop.

Plus, for 700 quid you could build yourself a nippy little machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

The official recommended system specs have been announced.
    Minimum:
    Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
    DirectX®:9.0c
    Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
    Screen Resolution: 1024x768

Recommended:
    Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
    DirectX®:11
    Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

The official recommended system specs have been announced.

So my intel Xeon, power color Hd7950 should run it well right. Have vista. May upgrade to windows 7.really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm, problem is, I'm not really in a position to get a PC. I need a laptop for work, and I couldn't really justify buying a PC purely for gaming, especially when I don't actually do a lot of gaming. If anyone could suggest some suitable laptops for this game, even off the top off their heads, I'd appreciate it.

As for building my own, I can barely wire a plug let alone construct a computer!! :o

Hmmm, problem is, I'm not really in a position to get a PC. I need a laptop for work, and I couldn't really justify buying a PC purely for gaming, especially when I don't actually do a lot of gaming. If anyone could suggest some suitable laptops for this game, even off the top off their heads, I'd appreciate it.

As for building my own, I can barely wire a plug let alone construct a computer!! :o

Just have to jump in. Doing my first build myself for this. Don't really know any laptops myself.maybe someone else from here can help you but you know my stand on the subject. From my own experience laptops and total war just don't mix :P good luck with it tho

• Advertisement

You should be able to get a laptop that can run it, it just won't have all the visual bells and whistles.

Advertisement