Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

None of the links are working lads where can I see the fight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

conor678 wrote: »
    What went on in twitter between egan and mcgregor?

Been honest Conor blew it out of all proportion, The joke is kinda funny and i do BJJ and came from Boxing, It says how it's seen, not how it is.

Fact is to the untrained eye MMA can look strange.

I don't think he was slagging Conor at all and literally knows nothing about MMA, just like i know nothing about Sumo

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Has Egan said anything before about MMA?

It looked to me like he was just having a joke. And when he told Conor he was having a joke, maybe Conor could've just left it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

cowzerp wrote: »
    Been honest Conor blew it out of all proportion, The joke is kinda funny and i do BJJ and came from Boxing, It says how it's seen, not how it is.

Fact is to the untrained eye MMA can look strange.

I don't think he was slagging Conor at all and literally knows nothing about MMA, just like i know nothing about Sumo
    I think Conors issue was that he was tagged in the post. Can be understood how it might be a dig at him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Egan's also quoted in the Star as saying, 'I didn't even know who he was when I tweeted the picture.' So why bother, then, Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Stephen_King

Richy06 wrote: »
    Egan's also quoted in the Star as saying, 'I didn't even know who he was when I tweeted the picture.' So why bother, then, Kenny?

Egans got what he wanted, a bit of controversy and his name in the papers on the back of someone elses success, thats all there is to it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

@ cowzer
    For some reason I can't quote your reply to me.
    Firstly how the fuccck do you know that mma isn't growing in the WORLD at the moment maybe it's not wherever you are ****ing from. But do u visit every town in Ireland and all over the world ? NO you don't so stop commenting on things you know **** all about.
    Also I've to stop quoting Joe Rogan? I'll quote who the **** I want. Not that I was quoting him anyway , just my thinking.
    Another thing Conor didn't blow it out of proportion Kenny gave a sly comment like a lot of boxers do and Conor gave one back. Every1 else blew it up so get it facts right before u write that sort of ****. You think you know it all but you know jack ****. Probably gonna get banned for this but I don't think I should I'm only voicing my opinion and responding to your insult to me .

Ray Mond wrote: »
    @ cowzer
    For some reason I can't quote your reply to me.
    Firstly how the fuccck do you know that mma isn't growing in the WORLD at the moment maybe it's not wherever you are ****ing from. But do u visit every town in Ireland and all over the world ? NO you don't so stop commenting on things you know **** all about.
    Also I've to stop quoting Joe Rogan? I'll quote who the **** I want. Not that I was quoting him anyway , just my thinking.
    Another thing Conor didn't blow it out of proportion Kenny gave a sly comment like a lot of boxers do and Conor gave one back. Every1 else blew it up so get it facts right before u write that sort of ****. You think you know it all but you know jack ****. Probably gonna get banned for this but I don't think I should I'm only voicing my opinion and responding to your insult to me .

Careful now:cool:

Careful now:cool:

Why? Just cos he's a mod Im not allowed to reply to his smart ass comments

• Advertisement

Why? Just cos he's a mod Im not allowed to reply to his smart ass comments
    I was more referring to your agressive attitude to something he said that WAS correct. MMA is not the fastest growing sport in the world. I could invent a new sport today, find ten guys to play tomorrow and my sports popularity has increased ten fold overnight.
    And yes Joe Rogan does come out with some awful sh*te.

I was more referring to your agressive attitude to something he said that WAS correct. MMA is not the fastest growing sport in the world. I could invent a new sport today, find ten guys to play tomorrow and my sports popularity has increased ten fold overnight.
    And yes Joe Rogan does come out with some awful sh*te.
    And how the hell do you know it's not? How do u know since last week 5 gyms hasn't Opened Columbia , Cuba, Kenya, I could go on and on.
    It's an ever growing sport Its certainly the most popular sport where I'm from drimnagh/crumlin anywhere near here anyway apart from obviously soccer. Every second person is joining gyms over this Way wether its Thai boxing , boxing or grappling. I'm not sure obviously it's the fastest growing in the world but it's up there and it's just arrogant to say its not.
    Joe rogan says some **** alri but a fight wouldn't be the same if he wasn't commentating . He's the man

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Serious rant

Who pissed in your breakfast this morning.. some serious aggression there in that post. Chill the beans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

El Guapo! wrote: »
    How did this thread go from celebrating Conor's win, and discussing his future, to talking about the all blacks??

:confused:

just sayin it was my fault - but then I retracted my stupid rugby analogy

Thai boxing , boxing or grappling.

Not MMA, Not MMA or Not MMA

just sayin it was my fault - but then I retracted my stupid rugby analogy

I think Kenny just made himself look like an idiot. He wants to tag a guy who just won his first fight in the UFC with a stupid comment like that - well thats the old Irish mentality of bring a guy down when he is up. These boxers who slag off MMA its all about jealousy, as much as they would like to deny it.

Not only was it disrespectful, and ignorant on a sporting level, it was ignorant on a social level.
    Maybe if he hadnt tagged Conor it wouldnt matter, but he did and to me he is now just an arsehole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I think Paddy Barnes got involved in the twitter thing too? Anyone know exactly what was said?

jasysus somebody delete the crap outa this thread and keep it Conor Based - this thread is going to record 'The Rise of Conor McGregor' and I hope we're adding to it this time next year!!

Not MMA, Not MMA or Not MMA

It's all part of mma.
    Paddy Barnes later apologised to Conor and had a bit of banter . It was just Kenny being a Priiiik.

Ray Mond, lose the attitude or you will be banned, You earned yourself an infraction and are lucky that is all, I know lots more about MMA than you do as i Fight, coach, promote events and judge and have refereed at events, So get off your high horse if you want to stay around here.

• Advertisement

here, what do yez think of the Irish Times not reporting a single syllable about McGregor. Is it perfectly predictable and acceptable? or is it pants?

coz it annoyed the crap outa me ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Does anyone have a link for last nights interview with Ariel Helwani?
    Please and Thanks! :-)

John_D80 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link for last nights interview with Ariel Helwani?
    Please and Thanks! :-)

http://www.mmafighting.com/authors/ariel-helwani

cowzerp wrote: »
    Ray Mond, lose the attitude or you will be banned, You earned yourself an infraction and are lucky that is all, I know lots more about MMA than you do as i Fight, coach, promote events and judge and have refereed at events, So get off your high horse if you want to stay around here.
    Banned for voicing my opinion or replying to the comme t u sent me ?
    Forget it I won't even reply to u again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I think it's great that so many people will take another look at the sport now that McGregor has made main stream news here.

Can I suggest that, since a lot of Irish people are going to Google him and be taken right to this thread, we get some videos and links on Conor in the first page of posts? Makikomi, would be great for you to give some intro in your post #2 maybe. I'd say a lot of people will see it.

The Hill and Buchinger fights are on YouTube and the mmahour and post fuel 9 interviews are great intros to mma for anyone looking for more info with an open mind.

I'd paste the links myself but I'm on my phone. :)

good idea methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Bloody Elbow put together a YouTube playlist yesterday of every video of him they could get their hands on: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/8/4202514/daily-mma-4-8-ufc-featherweight-conor-mcgregor-highlights-fights-interviews-notorious

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

What's conor's natural weight. I know he fought at 155 and he normally fights at 145so wondering will he stay at fw considering the monster lw fighters in the ufc

• Advertisement

Banned for voicing my opinion or replying to the comme t u sent me ?
    Forget it I won't even reply to u again then.

You wheren't banned and you got Infracted for been abusive and uncivil, just happened to be towards me, I know Conor well and would consider him a friend and someone I'd often chat to.

The sport of MMA is nowhere near the fastest growing sport, now let's get back on topic and discuss Conor and his great victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement