Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Conor gonna be on the Late Late this Friday

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/397796236906217472

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Nice wan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Conor gonna be on the Late Late this Friday

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/397796236906217472

Compelling viewing, can't wait for the plug for a Dublin tailor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope they show his entrance in Boston, would be good for the general public to see how Conor gets treated abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hope they show his entrance in Boston, would be good for the general public to see how Conor gets treated abroad.

I'm sure they will, it was pretty amazing!!

Anybody know what time he is due on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

billy2012 wrote: »
    I'm they will, it was pretty amazing!!

Anybody know what time he is due on?

Ye what time? I don't wanna get stuck watching the whole late late show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Compelling viewing, can't wait for the plug for a Dublin tailor.
    THERE IT IS!!

(kind of, the dickie bow tie, which looks terrible in my opinion :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

May!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He just said the UFC have the O2 booked for may??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

El Guapo! wrote: »
    May!!!

What was that?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

F**k It!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Good interview from him (esp considering it was Tubridy), shame they couldn't get a few small clips off the UFC from his last fight (just say the entrance and hilarious exchange between the rounds). Came over a little cocky at times, but that's what does it for him with the American audiences so you can't blame him. Definitely full of beans to put it one way, though!

"P. Diddy's a little up his own ass to be honest with you, I didn't even want to get in the picture I felt like giving him a left in the chin. But it's LA, you're all just there to meet people. P. Diddy was on the bottom of the list I wanted to meet, especially after actually meeting him" Bit of a holy f*** moment ha! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

did he just let slip about the o2 in MAY?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Date can be changed to June or July depending on how Conor's recovery goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

srumball wrote: »
    did he just let slip about the o2 in MAY?

Not let slip. Conor didn't realise that a quote from Garry Cook was on twitter about that very topic after UFC in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't have rte, just reading the comments, will catch up on the rte player tomorrow but theres some shyte talk on the late late forum.

Mad about the p diddy comments, he must be a 2pac fan!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ....theres some shyte talk on the late late forum.

Don't go in there. It'll only do your head in listening to people talk crap about something they have no clue about, yet have no desire whatsoever to understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor insinuated UFC is waiting for him to get healthy before booking the Dublin show, which obvi makes sense. They can do it later, too.

Quote from Ariel :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Don't go in there. It'll only do your head in listening to people talk crap about something they have no clue about, yet have no desire whatsoever to understand!

"I don't like the cut of his jib, therefore this tv show is making me ashamed to be Irish. Now where's the remote so I can watch Dot Cotton on the Graham Norton show"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Was it just me or did anyone else get impression they are coming twice next year?
    "They've got the O2 booked for May as well....I'm not supposed to say anything, but f**k it!!

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Was it just me or did anyone else get impression they are coming twice next year?

Unlikely to be fair. There doing other European cities throughout next year.

dave1982 wrote: »

No, they probably just have a few dates provisionally booked.

I hope it is not Diego Sanchez his opponent because that would be sufficient to be the headliner. If Conor is co-main we could be in line for a very good main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

unknown13 wrote: »
    I hope it is not Diego Sanchez his opponent because that would be sufficient to be the headliner. If Conor is co-main we could be in line for a very good main event.

they could put anyone in there and the vast majority of the irish public who'd go to see connor wouldn't have a clue about anyone else

Arawn wrote: »
    they could put anyone in there and the vast majority of the irish public who'd go to see connor wouldn't have a clue about anyone else
    ...or Conor, beyond his nationality. :p

Sad, but true. Most of the same people going "auw Gawd, what a cringe interview!" about the LLS tonight would be jumping up and down for him in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

unknown13 wrote: »

Realistically I can't see anyone but Conor headlining it. And expect 3-5 other Irish guys on the card. Reality is you'll have an event which will sell out in hours not too far off the standard of a Cage Warriors show. Only difference is for the cost of sitting front row at a Cage Warriors event; probably won't even get you into the building that night. Open your eyes people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Xlami wrote: »
    expect 3-5 other Irish guys on the card.

eh really? so deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dana was already asked if Conor would headline in Dublin and he said no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can't see how he would headline tbf. He's only had 2 prelim fights...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement