Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"THE GRAND NATIONAL" Aintree - Anyone taking a punt on the gee gees?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

What's with the attitude? Did you not get the leg over last night?

Back to the pinkmobile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

LordSutch wrote: »
    All runners have come back safe & sound - Claire Balding.

Thank God.

What's God doing protecting horses? Get back to work, there're thousands dead in Syria!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

To anyone giving out about horse racing being cruel blah blah blah, look what horse finished right behind the winner, the one with no jockey. He was the first faller way back and what did he do, continue on jumping and finished the race.

Just because horses die doesn't make it cruel. Sad, but not cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

goose2005 wrote: »
    What's God doing protecting horses? Get back to work, there're thousands dead in Syria!

I said that in the context of this > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84015140&postcount=101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Demonical wrote: »
    I watch motorsport for that, tis great when people crash and die, isnt it!?

Well if they don't it's just cars driving around in circles for ages. Boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I did 4 horses from 28/1 to 100/1 and Aurora's Encore was one of them. Why? Because the name clicked with me from the Aurora cinema shooting in America last year. Terrible reason to back a horse I know.

Weird, this was the exact reason I backed him actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

To anyone giving out about horse racing being cruel blah blah blah, look what horse finished right behind the winner, the one with no jockey. He was the first faller way back and what did he do, continue on jumping and finished the race.

In fairness, horses are herd animals, if the rest of them are running, the horse will keep running with them. That's more natural instinct than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Laid out £30 yesterday in bets, have £27 coming back to me. Thank crunchie for paddy power paying on the first 5 places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Where are all these dead horses the sandal & woolly hat wearing people were telling us we'd be reading about today ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Put a tenner on Auroras, very ecstatic house here yesterday.

Last year I think it was my horse was leading up to the last fence then the bugger went and finished second so I deserved it this year :D Rumour has it bet direct had him 128/1 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Lapin wrote: »
    Where are all these dead horses the sandal & woolly hat wearing people were telling us we'd be reading about today ?

I don't think that's really fair. I think the casualties have been reduced by the changes made to the race this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The changes to the fences made a big difference yesterday compared to other years.

Any of ye watch the documentary on CH4 Friday night,"How To Win A Grand National"

Thought it was the one the best sports documentaries Ive seen in a while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

What a difference a day makes.

Ryan Mania just taken to hospital by air ambulance after a fall at Hexam.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What a difference a day makes.

Ryan Mania just taken to hospital by air ambulance after a fall at Hexam.

Jesus I hope he's ok, only been watching the racing at Curragh today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the people usually complaining about the sport of kings are usually seen in fur/mink coats

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I lost a car yesterday. Always bet with a legit bookie.

Advertisement