Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"THE GRAND NATIONAL" Aintree - Anyone taking a punt on the gee gees?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Personally its the one & only horse race I ever bet on (for the fun of it) and I usually part with a tenner, and last year I actually made €2 :))

The Grand National, full list of all the horses running plus their odds> > > http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/grand-national-runners.php

Too many horses to list here, but are you going to take a punt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

It's a roulette. Anyone giving out solid "tips" for the national can be immediately identified as a spoofer. People I know who work in bookies hate this day more than any other because you get a plethora of people in with their €2 each way bets asking a million and one stupid questions at the hatch. Due to the clusterf*ck nature of it, it's only good for a bit of a sweepstake in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,413 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'm betting on how many horses are going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got a tip for V-Neck off a mate yesterday.
    The horse is meant to be a great jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'll be putting a fiver on Ready Meal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

number 12,always number 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Anyone else read the title as Lady parts ?

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

uch wrote: »

I see what you mean :D

Should have said a 'flutter' instead of a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

ill put max twenty on the race based on a few online sites etc. just hope its not total carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

kneemos wrote: »
    I'm betting on how many horses are going to die.

yes, nobody talks about how many of the horses get shot after it - maybe if they saw this they might refrain from the 10 seconds worth of excitement. Its barbaric. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Thinly disguised im smashed till the end of the month, has anyone got a decent tip? :P

Normally do a few outsiders to be honest op no more than a 10r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Rebecca Curtis.

Racing fans will know who I'm talking about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

uch wrote: »

"I'd like to take a punt on your gee gee!"

No.:D

She's horsey looking alright, great set of nashers on that filly for sure :))

http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/8C/40526AF02FDCE15A1B719224B79727.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Got a tip ...
    It's called "dusty rug".

It's never being beaten !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tesco are sponsoring the race this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I have a tip:
    'Don't eat yellow snow'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I prefer flat racing, there's too much carnage at the grand national

I never study the form when betting on the Grand National, it's always down to the name that takes my fancy or the colour of the jockey's silks.

phasers wrote: »
    I prefer flat racing, there's too much carnage at the grand national

Flat racing isn't a patch on national hunt racing, nowhere near the same excitement, variety or challenge.

I will be having a few bets on it as every year, though I bet on racing regularly anyway.
    yes, nobody talks about how many of the horses get shot after it - maybe if they saw this they might refrain from the 10 seconds worth of excitement. Its barbaric. :mad:

I was wondering how long it would take the high houses to ride into town, pardon the pun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Nope. No way to predict who is going to win it. Way too many horses in the field, which is a problem in and of itself with regards to the carnage in the race.

• Advertisement

Seeing as two horses have died in the last two days at Aintree, I wonder will the animal rights activists clamour for the sport to be banned? Or do they only tune in to kick up a fuss about the Grand National?

As regards betting on the race, have yet to study the form, but will more than likely plump for a couple of big priced horses used to the distance. Crap shoot otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Sweepstakes at work have landed me with Forpadydeplasterer and Always Waining.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Narrowing it down to a few each way bets. After previous results in this, and a 50-1 shot winning the Irish National, anything could happen in this race.
    Slattsy wrote: »

Very badly recycled joke. That joke was doing the rounds for every big race the last few years.

:p

Its

Suppose to be 'I hear its a good jumper'

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

2 horses have died in Aintree already this week. The National has still yet to run.

And they still call it a "sport".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think this is the one where most horses die, or loads anyway, so no, I won't be betting

kraggy wrote: »
    2 horses have died in Aintree already this week. The National has still yet to run.

And they still call it a "sport".

A lot more horses die from injuries out in the field than die while horse racing and where do you think all the horses would end up if the sport was banned? Look at the way horses not involved in the sport are treated, but yet people pick on horse racing where the horses have a better life than a lot of people.

It's the usual sensationalist crap coming out again like every other year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

A lot more horses die from injuries out in the field than die while horse racing and where do you think all the horses would end up if the sport was banned? Look at the way horses not involved in the sport are treated, but yet people pick on horse racing where the horses have a better life than a lot of people.

It's the usual sensationalist crap coming out again like every other year.

A lot more people die from injuries out at work than die in the Circus Maximus and where do you think all the gladiators would end up if the Circus was banned? Look at the way people not involved in the sport are treated, but yet people pick on the Circus Maximus where the gladiators have a better life than a lot of people.

goose2005 wrote: »
    A lot more people die from injuries out at work than die in the Circus Maximus and where do you think all the gladiators would end up if the Circus was banned? Look at the way people not involved in the sport are treated, but yet people pick on the Circus Maximus where the gladiators have a better life than a lot of people.

Good man, bring those savage Romans into it!

Slattsy wrote: »

irish-stew wrote: »
    Very badly recycled joke. That joke was doing the rounds for every big race the last few years.

:p

Its

Suppose to be 'I hear its a good jumper'

;)

Ah ha, now I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id ate me dinner out of her jocks.

Advertisement