Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"THE GRAND NATIONAL" Aintree - Anyone taking a punt on the gee gees?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Invincible wrote: »
    66/1

Very big price. Did anyone have him? I took a look at the card before the race, and don't even remember seeing that name. If I was a betting woman, I probably would have gone for Join Together. Don't think he came anywhere in the end though? Didn't actually watch the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

retalivity wrote: »
    nice
    Well done Dude :)

Cheers lads,was sweating watching the run up to the first fence :D

Had Tea For Three placed as well so good day all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Do you just get your money back if you placed a bet or rare bob?

Cheers lads,was sweating watching the run up to the first fence :D

Good shout for a bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Mugs game..

• Advertisement

Good shout for a bet.

Just spotted it in the specials page,it was either that or a false start,for once I picked the right one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    Mugs game..

Just like your Fantasy Sports sh1te ;)

Just spotted it in the specials page,it was either that or a false start,for once I picked the right one :)

I reckon you picked just the right year to stick on a bet like that one too. They brought the start forward 90 yards, which means they were probably going slower into the first, making it more likely that everyone would get over safely. How much do you get for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Had Oscar time and Tea for three each way so happy days!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Nice! €2.50 each way on Aurora's Encore and got him at 80/1.

• Advertisement

I reckon you picked just the right year to stick on a bet like that one too. They brought the start forward 90 yards, which means they were probably going slower into the first, making it more likely that everyone would get over safely. How much do you get for that?

Threw on €23.50 @ 2/1,got back €70.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Who was 6th. Bet victor paying on 6 places.

Threw on €23.50 @ 2/1,got back €70.50.

Fair play.

You get a percentage of the odds for a place. So, if they pay a quarter of the odds and you had a tenner each way bet, you would win 40 euros (tenner at 4-1)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I lost on the Grand National (Lottery) again :(

Fair play! I remember sticking a fiver on Mon Momme a few years ago at 100/1 for the craic. Couldn't believe it when I saw the fcuker coming over the last! :eek::D

You get a percentage of the odds for a place. So, if they pay a quarter of the odds and you had a tenner each way bet, you would win 40 euros (tenner at 4-1)

So feck all if you put 2.50 each way? :L I'm rubbish at maths :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I never bet, butI placed a bet on Teaforthree, after hearing a tip on the radio, with Paddy power, the slip said "win or e/w." Does this mean I get my stake returned:confused:

No that's a tenner back. 2.50*4 = 10

No that's a tenner back. 2.50*4 = 10

Ah grand :L I was under the impression that I'd just get 2.50 back for some reasn :L Not a complete waste of a bet then so!

• Advertisement

Plus you get ur 2.50 each way stake back so in total you get back 12.50. You spent a fiver so you made profit of 7.50! :)

Made a loss of 7.50 overall today though :L Ah well sure it's only a bitta craic. Has anyone who done a bet online with paddy power gotten paid yet? I suppose it'll take a while because of the amount of people betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Made a loss of 7.50 overall today though :L Ah well sure it's only a bitta craic. Has anyone who done a bet online with paddy power gotten paid yet? I suppose it'll take a while because of the amount of people betting.

Yeah, €17.50 just showed up in my a/c. Winging its way back to my real world a/c as we speak. Thank you, Oscar Time.

Yeah, €17.50 just showed up in my a/c. Winging its way back to my real world a/c as we speak. Thank you, Oscar Time.

just got it there too.

I must have gotten better odds than I thought cause I got back more than I expected :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

No, still waiting on PP as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

1/4 the odds in a handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Got same at 100/1 :D

First win on the national since Mr Frisk in 1990

• Administrators Posts: 53,464 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Places are usually paid at 1/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the wifes cousin had it backed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I did 4 horses from 28/1 to 100/1 and Aurora's Encore was one of them. Why? Because the name clicked with me from the Aurora cinema shooting in America last year. Terrible reason to back a horse I know.

Advertisement