Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Techspert

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I'm a 15 minute drive from you and can only get 3Meg download and 50k upload. No fair.

Hopefully it will come to you eventually. Have you tried Imagine? 75Megs isn't too shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭teach nua

I live in rural area and have a empty duct running from my house to the edge of the road. The main fiber line and poles are on the opposite side of the road.

What are kn installers doing in this instance? I'd prefer the ftth cable to come in through the duct but this would probably mean cutting the road. Would they be insisting on putting up poles and running overheard.

PS I have no exist ING phone line

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

teach nua wrote: »
    I live in rural area and have a empty duct running from my house to the edge of the road. The main fiber line and poles are on the opposite side of the road.

What are kn installers doing in this instance? I'd prefer the ftth cable to come in through the duct but this would probably mean cutting the road. Would they be insisting on putting up poles and running overheard.

I do not know ...... but would expect that two poles would be in order to cross the road and then use your duct.

Either way (poles or road digging) it means your connection will likely be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have you enquired from your local council how much a licence to open the road will cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Have you enquired from your local council how much a licence to open the road will cost?

As far as I know only specified contractors can even apply for road opening licences so you'd have to factor in the cost of hiring them if that were even possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

If your distance from your house is 50 meters or less from the nearest pole that's on the other side of the road, then I'm sure it will be a wire overhead...if not and you are 50 meters or less from the phone line passing by your house, they will insert a pole and run it overhead to you..if your further than 50 but less than 100 ( and your marked with a blue dot on the map)then they will put a pole on your side..running overhead to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭talkingpj

Are eir planning to roll out broadband to 90% of the areas they haven't already in the next 6 months(they estimated broadband rollout to 100s of areas in the next 12 months over 6 months ago). Surely this is nonsence. They are buying time to prevent the governments tendering of rural broadband. In case someone else wins the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

A few months ago KN installed fiber along the country road I live on. There is a fiber box on the pole outside my gate about 40 m from the house. My phone line currently comes from that pole. How do I go about getting connected to the fiber. We have never been informed by anybody as to our options for connection..??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

DI Dwyer wrote: »
    How do I go about getting connected to the fiber. We have never been informed by anybody as to our options for connection..??

Input your eircode and telephone no. here - http://fibrerollout.ie/
    What does the NBP map indicate for your eircode - http://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/communications/topics/Broadband/national-broadband-plan/high-speed-broadband-map/Pages/Interactive-Map.aspx

It indicates that the point is live... showing a house symbol on a green background. My Q is, who connects me to the fiber-box on the pole?

• Advertisement

It indicates that the point is live... showing a house symbol on a green background. My Q is, who connects me to the fiber-box on the pole?

One of these retailers with a house symbol beside "Home" - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

I'm with Vodafone, will they arrange the physical connection from the pole fiber-box to the house. I understand a new fiber modem will be required

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Vodafone will not use Openeir fibre.

Garroff, can you elaborate..... how then do Vodafone provide the fiber broadband that they advertise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Garroff, can you elaborate..... how then do Vodafone provide the fiber broadband that they advertise ?
    Which one?

Their main fibre product is FTTC from OpenEir. Their real fibre product is FTTH from SIRO.

Siro= Vodafone and ESB are installing fibre in a number of towns. I had to change from Vodafone to get rural ( blue line) fibre.

Thanks, hadn't heard of SIRO till now.... just checked their site.... don't have plan for my area.... so I'll have to move at the end of my Vodaphone contract in Oct.......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Marshalstown area in Wexford due to go live by end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I have been tweeting eir and openeir about the cabinet that was installed near me last November and is still not live, to no avail. Anyway, 2 weeks ago I emailed them and I got the following response:
    Hi BonnieSituation,

The cabinet in question LCN1_024 is in a future planned area.

Unfortunately we do not have a forecast date for then this cabinet will go live.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Open Eir Fibre Power Team

Why the hell does it say 6 months if they have no idea!!!!

Fibrerollout map due to be updated today (It was meant to be updated on 10/08/2017). I assume the updated map will be online tomorrow assuming they don't extend that deadline again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I have been tweeting eir and openeir about the cabinet that was installed near me last November and is still not live, to no avail. Anyway, 2 weeks ago I emailed them and I got the following response:

Fibrerollout map due to be updated today (It was meant to be updated on 10/08/2017). I assume the updated map will be online tomorrow assuming they don't extend that deadline again?

It's slipped twice now, doesn't mean it will be updated tomorrow. Eir need to stop putting dates on everything because they miss the targets every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Gonzo wrote: »
    It's slipped twice now, doesn't mean it will be updated tomorrow. Eir need to stop putting dates on everything because they miss the targets every time.

Yeah. Why do it to yourself?

Say it'll be updated in September. Give yourself leeway. Sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

can someone from eir tell me that 1000 mbs is available at my address but I cannot get 100mb fibre I don't need 1000,all I'm presently getting is between 5 to 7mb, I'm in leopardstown d18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

turbocab wrote: »
    can someone from eir tell me that 1000 mbs is available at my address but I cannot get 100mb fibre I don't need 1000,all I'm presently getting is between 5 to 7mb, I'm in leopardstown d18
    it mean FTTH available to you and can order either 150mb,300mb,1000mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

rob808 wrote: »
    it mean FTTH available to you and can order either 150mb,300mb,1000mb.

I'm currently with Vodafone and they say fibre is not available at my address,the old copper wires are still in plce from the street to house,are eir not connecting the fibre cause ii m not there customer

FTTH, fibre direct to the home, up to 1000Mbps. No distance limitations.

100 Mbps is VDSL/FTTC, fibre to the cabinet/exchange, copper from the cabinet to the home. Distance dependant, limited to 2kms. Faster speeds closer to the cabinet/exchange

untitled2.jpg

I'm currently with Vodafone and they say fibre is not available at my address,the old copper wires are still in plce from the street to house,are eir not connecting the fibre cause ii m not there customer

Vodafone don't currently offer broadband over eir's FTTH network, they are rolling out their own fibre network with the ESB, called SIRO.

eir's FTTH network is separate to their copper network and if you're on the FTTH 300k rollout plan and with fibre outside your door they should connect you when you place an order.

http://fibrerollout.ie/

FTTH home resellers over eir's network, those with a house icon - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

Turbo:
    last time I checked with Vodafone they told me that they would NOT be using Openeir Fibre to supply BB to their customers. I do not thing that their position has changed. If it has let me know.

Hi put your Eir code into this website and phone number www.fibrerollout.ie and it tell you what available at your address.The thing is Vodafone don't sell open eir FTTH so you have to change ISP choice are (Eir) (pure telecom) (Net 1) and Digiweb.

Not quite so simple. Your link may say fibre is available when in reality the cables may not be run. Speaking from experience.
    Be sceptical off all you read.

• Advertisement

garroff wrote: »
    Not quite so simple. Your link may say fibre is available when in reality the cables may not be run. Speaking from experience.
    Be sceptical off all you read.
    I know and there not much you can do about it comreg a joke and not sure department of communication can even help anyone your left at the will of open eir you get it or don't.

Advertisement