Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

A fruit and veg shop seems like an old fashioned business venture to open in the 21st century. Apart from Horan's established chain of shops and some butchers who also do some on the side, most get theirs from the supermarkets or else market stalls/farmers markets etc. Are there any other stand alone such shops in Tralee anymore?

Brave person who does so but location does sound odd. Shoppers won't go out of their way like that for a turnip or a head of cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ongarboy wrote: »
    A fruit and veg shop seems like an old fashioned business venture to open in the 21st century. Apart from Horan's established chain of shops and some butchers who also do some on the side, most get theirs from the supermarkets or else market stalls/farmers markets etc. Are there any other stand alone such shops in Tralee anymore?

Brave person who does so but location does sound odd. Shoppers won't go out of their way like that for a turnip or a head of cabbage.

Manna are up at that crappy roundabout near Matt Talbot road and High Street. They seem be doing ok.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone have a number for the car valeting guys next to Boyles Tyres in Manor?

Just a follow-up on this - I'd highly recommend these lads. My car was in dire need of cleaning and it is now unrecognisable, it's like new. I told them not to bother with the boot but they did it anyway. Great service there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭phormium

You'd be surprised how busy that location in Edward Street could be, large amount of traffic in and out of Post Office every week collecting social welfare and also large numbers to community welfare office across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Manna are up at that crappy roundabout near Matt Talbot road and High Street. They seem be doing ok.

But aren't Manna a more distinctive organic and wholefoods store that sell particular products that aren't necessarily available elsewhere and will draw customers that seek out those products? I just assumed this new store was just a regular fruit'n'veg store but maybe it isn't. Time will tell how well it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like the race track is going to see some action again during the festival

http://traleetoday.ie/racing-returns-ballybeggan-festival/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    But aren't Manna a more distinctive organic and wholefoods store that sell particular products that aren't necessarily available elsewhere and will draw customers that seek out those products? I just assumed this new store was just a regular fruit'n'veg store but maybe it isn't. Time will tell how well it does.

yeah, Manna are organic fruit & veg, and well established at this stage. They were originally based opposite the Garda station for many years, so they have a regular customer base now and they home deliver. This new place is just fruit & veg & apparently its all come in from Italy! I don't think Horan's fruit & veg have much to worry about!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

that's great news! we might well have the full race meeting back again in the near future, fingers crossed!! I hope this does well and will persuade the directors of Ballybeggan to agree to start it up again!!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    that's great news! we might well have the full race meeting back again in the near future, fingers crossed!! I hope this does well and will persuade the directors of Ballybeggan to agree to start it up again!!

All they need now is the weather for it in August,if the weather is good people will come.

A quick question,is anyone else having problems getting on to the Tralee Outlook website? I always view the downloadable edition of the weekly magazine as it seems to fly off the shelves in the shops!

I keep getting this message

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That's nothing special sher there is a dog show at nights every weekend in Town............:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

A quick question,is anyone else having problems getting on to the Tralee Outlook website? I always view the downloadable edition of the weekly magazine as it seems to fly off the shelves in the shops!

I keep getting this message

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Have you tried using a different browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

He heard you the first time!
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He heard you the first time!
    :)

Say what 😉

Tried that got this message

The website has a programming error or is under mainteance

A man who lives in a ditch in Tralee, Co Kerry, has thanked a judge for not jailing him.
    Jason Crowley (30) pleaded guilty to a number of theft charges from cars in Tralee between November 2013 and April 2014. He had six previous convictions, the court was told.
    Mr Crowley had lost one leg in an operation, he was homeless and “going from post to pillar,” his solicitor Pádraig O’Connell said. “He is living in a ditch at the moment. Things are dreadful for this man. He is on methadone. Please be lenient.”
    The charges included theft of a book of wildflowers, a sledgehammer and fire extinguishers.
    Crowley, whose address on court papers was given as a flat on Rock Street, Tralee was off drugs and almost off alcohol entirely, he said. He had no memory of the car thefts, he told Judge James O’Connor. The judge imposed fines totalling €400.
    If he misbehaved over the next 12 months, the judge said he would jail him.
    Gathering up his belongings before leaving the court, the man thanked the judge for giving him a chance.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/thief-who-lives-in-ditch-thanks-judge-for-not-jailing-him-1.1846121

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

WOW

Ah, but it's a classy looking ditch!

With beautiful views

• Advertisement

Has anyone gotten the fresh made cakes from Garvey's can you give me an idea of the price( I know it probably varies but a rough idea) and how long in advance they need to be ordered.

Thanks in advance.

What was most perlplexing was his statement that he was off all drugs despite his Solicitor stating that he is on methadone which is even more addictive than the heroin that its a subsitute for!!

Is he the guy with the beard who was always talking to himself in the wheelchair?

Is he the guy with the beard who was always talking to himself in the wheelchair?

I don't think so, but I'm not sure myself, there are 2 guys I think it could be, and both actually have had a leg amputated, so it could be either! The guy I am thinking of is tall & very skinny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

If your an Arsenal supporter ( or any other Premier League team) then be in the Greyhound Bar tomorrow evening at 7. The FA Cup is in town!!

unkymo wrote: »
    If your an Arsenal supporter ( or any other Premier League team) then be in the Greyhound Bar tomorrow evening at 7. The FA Cup is in town!!

There is meet up of the Tralee Arsenal Supporters Club - 10 year anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

kn wrote: »
    might give that one a miss then :p

kn wrote: »

Where are the 3 of them meeting?
    ;)

Has anyone seen the music line up for this years festival? It has to be the poorest line-up in years! Union J for the teeny boppers, I don't think I have ever even heard one of their songs. Then the only kind of decent one is Walking on Cars (band from Dingle) & even they played the Sunday last year (they are good though). There's Nathan Carter, again & some others I've never heard of. It really is a poor attempt! Last year was a lot better!

• Advertisement

unkymo wrote: »

I think it was up in the Mitchell's club today judging from photos I saw on Facebook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement