Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

it would be great if Tralee could win a gold medal like killarney, hmmm have to go and do up my garden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

I heard from 2 different people in town today that Wetherspoons have purchased the old Dunnes Stores building in Bridge St. To be honest, id be surprised if this was true because they normally only buy established pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kingdomlad wrote: »
    I heard from 2 different people in town today that Wetherspoons have purchased the old Dunnes Stores building in Bridge St. To be honest, id be surprised if this was true because they normally only buy established pubs.

Great. A bit of real competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

kingdomlad wrote: »

You're probably correct. Went in for a pint in Weatherspoons in Devon, ordered a pint & got free burger & chips dinner :)
    It's cut price beer, with a no frills approach. Ok for an occasional pint, but couldn't see it as a local

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

From what I heard from a man involved in a lot of Kerry property,Wetherspoons did approach Dunnes re the vacant unit but were refused.
    Reason tought to be that the premises has sentimental value to the family due to it being one of their original premises.
    The property has an existing alcohol license and ideally located so would definitely be a winner.
    Had a 14oz steak dinner and a pint in Wetherspoons in Leeds last week at
    10 pounds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Can anyone recommend a good car tyre place near Manor or near Lidl? I normally use tyrestop up at the mart but it doesn't suit my current job location.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Boylestyres are up there,next to Aldi.

Used them a few times,good service and fair prices.

Boylestyres are up there,next to Aldi.

Used them a few times,good service and fair prices.

Great, thanks. I'll give them a go.

Anyone have a number for the car valeting guys next to Boyles Tyres in Manor?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone have a number for the car valeting guys next to Boyles Tyres in Manor?

I spotted someone else asked that on a separate thread - the number is 0879051589

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

Does anybody know of somebody who gives German grinds around Tralee during the summer? Need some help to pass repeat German exams in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

See Jacks/Ruairis/Nightjar is for sale...again for half a million while Benners remains for sale.

No official nightclubs apart from a deserted Sat night in Horans and seemingly no demand for the more youth oriented (ie under 25) bars. Do young people just have no desire to go to pubs and clubs like we used to that those venues can no longer sustain themselves?

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/prominent-pub-in-tralee-town-centre-appears-on-the-market/

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

ongarboy wrote: »
    See Jacks/Ruairis/Nightjar is for sale...again
    I never understood how that place opened again in the first place. It was an awful layout for a pub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

See Jacks/Ruairis/Nightjar is for sale...again for half a million while Benners remains for sale.

No official nightclubs apart from a deserted Sat night in Horans and seemingly no demand for the more youth oriented (ie under 25) bars. Do young people just have no desire to go to pubs and clubs like we used to that those venues can no longer sustain themselves?

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/prominent-pub-in-tralee-town-centre-appears-on-the-market/

A fiver for a pint, or a bottle of bud for a euro at home. There's only one winner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Horan's closes for the summer, its only open during the ITT term for students. The late bars like the Abbey & Hennessey's are where people seem to go...mainly under 25's as you said. Are Nightclubs are a bit of a thing of the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Horan's closes for the summer, its only open during the ITT term for students. The late bars like the Abbey & Hennessey's are where people seem to go...mainly under 25's as you said. Are Nightclubs are a bit of a thing of the past?

It looks that way Ciarrai,nightclubs seem to be finished in Tralee and its late bars that are taking over,Hennessey's seems to be doing very well as is The Blasket since they opened the late place upstairs,don't hear of too many going to the Abbey these times unless its on a Sunday night.

Also about the nightclubs if you ever go to Killarney on a night out the nightclubs are still going strong over there.

It looks that way Ciarrai,nightclubs seem to be finished in Tralee and its late bars that are taking over,Hennessey's seems to be doing very well as is The Blasket since they opened the late place upstairs,don't hear of too many going to the Abbey these times unless its on a Sunday night.

Also about the nightclubs if you ever go to Killarney on a night out the nightclubs are still going strong over there.

I hear of so many people heading over to Killarney at weekends, and actually during the week apparently, to go out! Such a shame that not only are tourists not really staying around Tralee, but locals aren't even going out here much! Hennessy's are going to be opening the late bar from Wed - Sunday nights for the summer.

I used to go to Horan's all the time for years, I was never really a Sprials or Fabric fan and I probably stopped going to Horans about 5 years ago really, apart from the odd time in between, but very seldom. Last time my sister was there was a couple of months ago & she said it was so young, she ended up going home early!

Ah Horans! Early 90's moshing on the dance floor to stolen videos from The Beatbox on big screens. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Anybody know where I could get a cheap iPad 2 charger around?

murdig wrote: »

try Cash Converters on Castle St, or that new place next to Costa, can't think of the name, but its similar to Cash converters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

murdig wrote: »

I saw a dock in the place next to costa today,. Called CDEX or something.

groovie wrote: »
    I saw a dock in the place next to costa today,. Called CDEX or something.

It's CEX, had a look at their window this evening out of curiosity, the prices on some of their phones are ridiculously high imo.

It's CEX, had a look at their window this evening out of curiosity, the prices on some of their phones are ridiculously high imo.

we said the same last week! They are very expensive for phones, some look in awful condition too and others are really old phones but for stupid prices!

we said the same last week! They are very expensive for phones, some look in awful condition too and others are really old phones but for stupid prices!

Some of the prices are comparable with pay as you go prices on the Samsung S4, you can buy the same phone from eBay for €150+ cheaper

CH chemist are doing a 1 day sale on men's & ladies fragrances today. €20 each, lots of Carolina Herrera, CK, Boss, Ralph Lauren there. All going quickly though !

anyone been in the new fruit & veg shop up near the post office on Edward street?

anyone been in the new fruit & veg shop up near the post office on Edward street?

Didn't even know there was one there!

Didn't even know there was one there!

yeah, its called something like 'Fruitopia'. Never seems to be anyone coming in our out of it though! you wouldn't even know it did fruit & veg unless you were right up near it!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Yeah, I passed it a few times all right but to be honest, I don't see the use of it. Location also is not one of the best in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

yeah, its called something like 'Fruitopia'. Never seems to be anyone coming in our out of it though! you wouldn't even know it did fruit & veg unless you were right up near it!

What struck me passing it is that it seemed very bare. Its location is awful with no passing trade and no synergy with the surrounding offices. I bet they won't be able to even pay the rent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement