Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircom sabotaging SKY or is SKY just useless?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Must be very lucky with my Sky BB. Have been with them from the start,but, for a little hiccup lat year my speed have averaged 8.5M. Promised 12M, at the 10.129 at the hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

whadafook wrote: »
    Sky do not use Eircom Wholesale in the majority of exchanges, they use BT

BT are a wholesale customer of eircom wholesale

BT are a wholesale customer of eircom wholesale

That is correct.

All ISP with the exception I believe UPC, are receiving the BB/Fibre from Eircom Wholesale.

So if one has problems with speed etc, one has to raise the problem with ones supplier who in turn goes to Eircom.

Had a problem with speed several months ago and it was an Eircom who fixed it. May problem was the faceplate came apart. When Eircom upgraded the phones sockets I was with another supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

In some exchanges BT have their own equipment too.

Correct, that I believe is what SKY are using.

Sky when they came into this market hooked up with them.

Eircom have all the infrastructure. So when anything goes wrong on the system all the retailers Sky,Vodafone etc have to go back to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

No contention on YOUR line, but what about contention on the uplink from the unit you connect to? That's where contention would be expected if it was oversubscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

BT have their own equipment in all of Eircom's exchanges..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Oh I thought it was just LLU exchanges...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

ColmH81 wrote: »
    BT have their own equipment in all of Eircom's exchanges..

No they dont.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

crawler wrote: »
    No they dont.... :)

Well you have to define exactly what is "equipment"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mattykay

I am only getting 0.30 mps download speed and 0.21mps upload with Sky. This started 3 weeks ago. I asked a subcontractor to eircom whether there was a problem with the broadband in the area and he asked who we were with. I told him Sky and he said "they're crap and eircom are pulling all the lines so that people go to efibre".
    Sky told me today there is nothing they can do to speed up our connection. Right now we have no internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

mattykay wrote: »
    I am only getting 0.30 mps download speed and 0.21mps upload with Sky. This started 3 weeks ago. I asked a subcontractor to eircom whether there was a problem with the broadband in the area and he asked who we were with. I told him Sky and he said "they're crap and eircom are pulling all the lines so that people go to efibre".
    Sky told me today there is nothing they can do to speed up our connection. Right now we have no internet.

Again? Wasn't two posts enough? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,319 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

dub45 wrote: »
    What are you line stats? That will tell you what your line is capable of.

Every dsl user should make sure and know what their line stats are.

And never believe what any salesperson tells you at the door - (at least in respect of bb speeds!)

how do you get those?

Advertisement