Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Starring Tom Cruise!

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

fryup wrote: »
    where did they get the audience for the Cruise interview??

from what i gather it was an impromptu interview was it not?? so how the heck did they manage to fill the studio so quickly??

It was a planned pre-record, nothing impromptu about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Just for the craic I gave the OP and Guestlist posts the Gizoogle treatment. It improves my wording no end, I might make all my future posts Gizoogle style :pac: ...

Da Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Right back up in yo muthaf***in ass. Starrin Tomothy Cruise biaatch!

f*** dat s***, April Fools dizzle was yesterday.
    IT is ghon be a funky-ass busy 24 minutes fo' Hollywood star Tomothy Cruise, whoz ass is cuz of jet up in ta Ireland tomorrow fo' a whirlwind stopover ta promote his freshly smoked up film.

Dude will record a rap battle wit Ryan Tubridy fo' tha 'Late Late Show' at RTE before gracin tha red carpet all up in tha Irish premiere of 'Oblivion' wit his co-star Olga Kurylenko n' director Joseph Kosinski, all up in tha Savoy cinema on O'Connell Street.

So thatz Tomothy Cruise on Da Late Late Show dis week.
    Da Irish Late Late Show, wit Tubridy. not tha American one.

A real game Hollywood Star on Da Late Late Show.

I will update post#25 below wit shizzle of any other guests. ...

"It aint nuthin but all straight-up well havin Tomothy Cruise - but what tha f*** bout tha other guests, biatch? " I hear you ask ...

Joinin Tomothy on tha couch is ghon be his Oblivion Co-Star Olga Kurylenko
    Yo ass may remember her from such Films as 'Quantum of Solace' n' 'Seven Psychopaths'

Fresh from ITVz Big Reunion, it is tha straight-up original gangsta Irish TV appearizzle up in years** from B*Witched

**apart from when Keavy n' Edele formed Barbarellas a gangbangin' few muthaf***in years ago. That didn't last long, I be glad they took mah advice ta reform tha original gangsta crew

Forma Governor of Mountjoy Prison Jizzy Lonergan plugs his freshly smoked up RTE sheezy 'Jizzy Lonerganz Circus'

Somethang bout New Media wit Larry Taylor n' Niall Harbison from SimplyZesty.

Our thugged-out asses will gotz a cold lil' woo wop from tha British Band Bastille, whoz ass is up in hood fo' tha Trinitizzle Ball

A bit of Trad/Folk from Solas

Jamelia is on, she straight-up wants our asses ta peep Da Voice of Ireland. Y'all KNOW dat ****, mutha****a! And so is Sharon Corr son!

And props ta Kj72 fo' tha shizzle dat "someone forma tv announcer tamara suttin' - hit dat shizzle fo' itv or similar up in tha past apparently!" is ghon be on . Thatz one hommie you won't wanna miss mutha****a! Post sheezy edit: Alas, we never gots ta peep dis mysterious guest. Maybe next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

fussyonion wrote: »

The audience in the Late Late are too busy being "scarla" for themselves when they notice themselves on the camera and most of them are old codgers with faces of stone.
    rox5 wrote: »
    I agree, I mean whenever they have any pop acts on for example the whole audience just sits there and looks at them. People on the Norton show actually sing and clap along to it too. The audience always seem very dry on the LLS.

Ahem...'cough'.....:rolleyes::o
    Dovies wrote: »
    Come on you knowledgable lot - who else is on tonight? Im in the audience! :D

Oh dear !

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

That's Tom Cruise presenting Eamonn Gilmore with an Actor's Guild Award for his performance before the election in "Frankfurt's Way Or Labour's Way".
    Again, Jonathan Anon, that isn't funny...doesn't catch on.. doesn't make any sense....Eamonn Gilmore was polite and at least knew his topic (Tom Cruise, Tourism Ireland e.t.c) before talking which was more than you did before you started slagging the LLS off without even watching it.
    Example = you said Ryan T was rude by not talking to Olga K more LoL again, Ryan talked just as much to Olga as to Tom. and Tom was a really good guest, sure puts some posters to this thread to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Again, Jonathan Anon, that isn't funny...doesn't catch on.. doesn't make any sense....Eamonn Gilmore was polite and at least knew his topic (Tom Cruise, Tourism Ireland e.t.c) before talking which was more than you did before you started slagging the LLS off without even watching it.
    Example = you said Ryan T was rude by not talking to Olga K more LoL again, Ryan talked just as much to Olga as to Tom. and Tom was a really good guest, sure puts some posters to this thread to shame.
    I disagree i feel tubs only referred to Olga as "her" and add in the line "did you train her" and her bemused reaction!! You train a dog tubs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Cruise interview was a bore. No mention at all of Suri or Katie or Scientology. Not surprised though. Three massive parts of the man's life. Instead it was 30 mins of boring arse licking and back patting. Cruise seems a nice man, mannerly, respectable and appreciative. Other than this it's just quite boring and monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

walshb wrote: »
    The Cruise interview was a bore. No mention at all of Suri or Katie or Scientology. Not surprised though.

I think we need to be fair to Tubs here, I'm pretty sure that Cruise's handlers make it a condition of every interview that Tom's religion and personal life are off limits.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think we need to be fair to Tubs here, I'm pretty sure that Cruise's handlers make it a condition of every interview that Tom's religion and personal life are off limits.

Well then why bother having the man on? To promote a film, and that's all?

BTW, were we not already fair to Ryan when he interviewed Ronan Keating and didn't at all ask him about his split up, cheating and affair?

Well then why bother having the man on? To promote a film, and that's all?

BTW, were we not already fair to Ryan when he interviewed Ronan Keating and didn't at all ask him about his split up, cheating and affair?
    Lets call a spade a spade here, unlike Keating, Cruise is a genuine Hollywood A lister who has the power to agree his terms before he grants interviews.

Tubs may have been legally prevented from asking questions about his personal life. To be honest, I couldn't give a crap about Tom's religious beliefs or his string of ex-wives so it suited me that he stuck to talking about his career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The Cruise interview was a bore. No mention at all of Suri or Katie or Scientology. Not surprised though. Three massive parts of the man's life. Instead it was 30 mins of boring arse licking and back patting. Cruise seems a nice man, mannerly, respectable and appreciative. Other than this it's just quite boring and monotonous.

Really?.....:rolleyes: , his people would have it in WRITING not to ask about his private life ffs!, do you know nothing of Cruise history with the media?
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lets call a spade a spade here, unlike Keating, Cruise is a genuine Hollywood A lister who has the power to agree his terms before he grants interviews.

Tubs may have been legally prevented from asking questions about his personal life. To be honest, I couldn't give a crap about Tom's religious beliefs or his string of ex-wives so it suited me that he stuck to talking about his career.

BINGO!...we have a winner, he'd have a contract signed before he stepped in the studio, there was zero chance of probing questions....Tubs and RTE would be sued, Cruise has done it many times.

Even without a contract Tubs is too much of an arse lickers to ever ask any tough questions.

I know well that Cruise is pulling the strings. Just saying that the interview was boring. Maybe the LLS should have told him to forget it if he was going to censor it. Cruise is a fraud in this respect.

Even without a contract Tubs is too much of an arse lickers to ever ask any tough questions.

Glad we agree on this.

The best part of the interview was Ryan pulling up Tom on Tom's BS claims about jumping off skyscrapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I know well that Cruise is pulling the strings. Just saying that the interview was boring. Maybe the LLS should have told him to forget it if he was going to censor it. Cruise is a fraud in this respect.
    Exactly, it's a bit rich for RTE to give Oblivion about €100,000 worth of free publicity when they don't even get to do anything interesting.

Little things such as the obama visit and the Cruise visit remind us of where we really stand as a country...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

I'm pretty sure Graham Norton was working under the same constraints (regarding Scientology, marriages, etc.) for his Cruise interview last week. And while I wouldn't say it was the greatest interview ever, it was certainly a damn site better than the LLS' lame effort.

Tubridy sucks as an interviewer. Pure and simple.
    He has no charisma, always asks the same general lame questions, and usually adopts a fawning or else condescending tone towards the guest, depending on their perceived level of "celebrity", or lack of.

To suggest the interview failed purely because of "Big Bad Tom" and his lawyers is way wide of the mark if you ask me.

I'd have loved to have seen how Brendan O'Connor would've handled an interview with Tom Cruise, he rarely ever gets A listers (I think Michael Bublé was a good as it got on the SNS). However, I think he does a great job with the crumbs that are available to him.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    To suggest the interview failed purely because of "Big Bad Tom" and his lawyers is way wide of the mark if you ask me.

No, both parties are to blame, but more RTE and stations that allow themselves to be completely censored by these stars. Who gives a crap about another movie? The man is being hailed as the biggest star in Hollywood. They are in the public eye. His religion is a massive part of his life, his break up, his children etc, his couch jumping. These are the areas that most people want to hear about. Not some silly sci film that he is filming, or the fact that "he's of Irish blood."

Maybe Liz Hurley will be on next week and Ryan won't mention Tom Sizemore!

We need Katherine Lynch doing these interviews!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

No, both parties are to blame, but more RTE and stations that allow themselves to be completely censored by these stars. Who gives a crap about another movie?

Well possibly some of the 30-40 million people worldwide who regularly fork out to watch his movies. Some of them might just have an interest:cool:

I take your point. Quite obviously the whole thing was stage-managed.
    But it still doesn't excuse such a lame interview imo.

And it's a two-way process as well. It's not just the movie/actor who benefit. Chat shows rely on big names from the entertainment world to generate a buzz and keep viewers interested in the show. Nothing new in that, it's been part of the TV scene for years.
    Cruise was hardly the first celebrity to insist on censorship of the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd have loved to have seen how Brendan O'Connor would've handled an interview with Tom Cruise, he rarely ever gets A listers (I think Michael Bublé was a good as it got on the SNS). However, I think he does a great job with the crumbs that are available to him.

Brendan O'Connor would have been even worse. He's got all the charisma of one of Tubridy's dumps - and that's saying something!
    No, both parties are to blame, but more RTE and stations that allow themselves to be completely censored by these stars. Who gives a crap about another movie? The man is being hailed as the biggest star in Hollywood. They are in the public eye. His religion is a massive part of his life, his break up, his children etc, his couch jumping. These are the areas that most people want to hear about. Not some silly sci film that he is filming, or the fact that "he's of Irish blood."

Unfortunately when someone like Cruise is involved they don't get to dictate what they will talk about. They're given a list of things that the star will not discuss and if there's any mention of them the interview is pulled. Simple as that. So the station faces the choice of do the interview and pull in the viewers or try to stand up to the mega-star, his lawyers and agents and lose out completely.

It's not rocket science...he's on a promotional tour for a movie, It's not his fault ireland is a peasent lapdog country craving his presence... i couldn't give a f** about this private life....and tubs would be out of his depth handling such an interview. ....."ah sure your me cousin .." is about as paxman as tubs gets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

We need Katherine Lynch doing these interviews!:P

No. The People of Ireland have suffered enough.

Maybe Liz Hurley will be on next week and Ryan won't mention Tom Sizemore!
    jeeaysus Sizemore hit the jackpot there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

anyone notice that the camera cut to the audience when Tom was about to stand next to Tubs and shake his hand? it stayed on them untill he sat down. there was probably a long list of things not to say/do, what angles to use, close ups etc. they have to protect the product

Im sure there was restrictions with Graham but he has a way of being rude and charismatic/non offensive at the same time and can flow better.

also, considering all the important/elite cousins Tubs has, is there some kind of conspiracy theory there as to how he has the high paying job even tho hes mediocre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I think Brendan feels restricted in that role, he comes across lacking confidence sometimes too. I liked him in DFTG. wonder will he eventually get the LLS job like the previous saturday chat show hosts did.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

He would also earn a fair bit from media work, his book, public appearances and after dinner speeches.

In fairness, I heard John Lonergan when he came to speak locally and was told he had been extremely gracious, he had no 'appearance fee' and wouldn't accept money for petrol, was just a total gentleman.
    I'm sure he does get a hefty pension but I think he's more deserving than others who do too.

I didnt think the Late Late show interview was great though, and he spoke too fast :p

German TV succeeded where Tubs and Norton failed :eek: Cruise didn't really give away much though :D.
    In an interview with a German TV station for the premiere of his new film Oblivion, Cruise said he was taken by surprise by the separation. The couple announced last year that they were separating after five years of marriage.

"I did not expect it," Cruise said in the interview.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/tom-cruise-reveals-he-did-not-see-divorce-coming-29186964.html

• Advertisement

German TV succeeded where Tubs and Norton failed :eek: Cruise didn't really give away much though :D.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/tom-cruise-reveals-he-did-not-see-divorce-coming-29186964.html
    still at least it shows something

Advertisement