Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Starring Tom Cruise!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

They keep cutting to very pissed off looking audience members. It's hilarious!
    Imagine thinking you've got a ticket to an interview with Tom Cruise, when you get there you find out that he's been replaced with their 1980s career guidance teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I was really scared on my first night in prison.

There was a horror film on the 52 inch plasma TV in my cell. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

I think John Lonergan is a good man who could have swanned off when he retired, but is concerned enough to do something now to help the disadvantaged kids he dealt with when he was employed in Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

He sounds too much like Padraig Flynn for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Skid X wrote: »

And looks a bit like him too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If this bloke would just shut the fvck up one moment, i'd be interested in him answering a bleedin question. Just is pure pure waffle.

This chap is off the scale! This is disturbing!! It really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Lapin wrote: »
    If I had a choice between Daniel O'Donnell and a kick in the arse I'd point towards by backside and say, do your worst !

I can just imagine a little sh*t who terrorises their neighbours (many maybe elderly) for kicks, and their excuse is they cannot get out of bed before 12 in the afternoon or that they cannot find a job that starts after 12 noon, maybe we could keep Daniel on a continuous loop whilst continuously kicking them up the backside - may help them to feel valued.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

true wrote: »
    and he is another one of those ******* smug public servants with a pension of €140,000 a year for the rest of his life.

Ask him about that Tubs.

Its not that easy paying running 3 houses, the cars, the housekeepers... "Try it sometime!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Cruise was obviously recorded during the week. Where did the audience come from ? Is it the usual Irish thing of friends and family of RTE employees got to see him ? What a disgusting country we live in

Ah ffs, get a hold of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

f*** you rachel duff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid X wrote: »

Thought I was going mad there for a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mrswhiplash47

Lapin wrote: »
    If I had a choice between Daniel O'Donnell and a kick in the arse I'd point towards by backside and say, do your worst !
    Father Ted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah feck, looks like I'm stuck with this for another while

1257783661kitchen1_new.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

jos28 wrote: »
    Just in case you need him

http://www.johnlonergan.ie/
    Thanks Jos but I've attended a few events that he's been involved in (since he left the prison service :D). His heart is in the right place but I think his softly softly approach doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dcmm wrote: »
    I think John Lonergan is a good man who could have swanned off when he retired, but is concerned enough to do something now to help the disadvantaged kids he dealt with when he was employed in Mountjoy.

And a lump sum from RTE for the TV show and accompanying book, DVD, then a stint on the lecture circuit.

Pardon my cynicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She was probably watching Graham Norton and just switched back to RTE about 10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Pathetic that the first thing some people type is some waffle about his pension. Jesus the guy worked hard doing jobs that were advertised and he competed for and got because of his ability. It's not like he was destined to be a well paid public servant from birth. He then retires and tries to get out and do something positive and he gets slated for having a big pension.

Unreal tbh.

I like how someone winning Tubs's prize is headline news in Donegal
    ANOTHER DONEGAL VIEWER IS LATE LATE SHOW WINNER!
    March 23, 2013
    Donegal again won big on The Late Late Show last night.

Yet another caller from the county scooped the big quiz prize on the country’s most popular chat show.

This time it was the turn of Cathy Walsh.

Even host Ryan Tubridy once again remarked that YET another winner had come from Donegal.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2013/03/23/another-donegal-viewer-is-late-late-show-winner/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What happened to last week's competition?? Was that announced already?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Thanks Jos but I've attended a few events that he's been involved in (since he left the prison service :D). His heart is in the right place but I think his softly softly approach doesn't work.

Have to agree, nice man with good intentions but a bit dilussional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That reaction was more "Oh thank good I made the bus on time" that "Holy golden monkey **** balls I just won €20k!!!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass !!!

Excellent use of one of my favourite songs on that Vodafone ad !!!

That reaction was more "Oh thank good I made the bus on time" that "Holy golden monkey **** balls I just won €20k!!!

She was in Clontarf. 20k there is like getting 4 numbers in the lotto to the likes of you and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GARGIRL

How can I say this best..... I am now 100% completely embarrassed to be IRISH. Tom cruise arrived to Ireland & all we did was shove Irishness down his throat !!! Can we just be US for a change! Can we stop with d bul@sh@t.... Please. .. I'm sorry for Olga, she sat listening 2 pure crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GARGIRL

How can I say this best..... I am now 100% completely embarrassed to be IRISH. Tom cruise arrived to Ireland & all we did was shove Irishness down his throat !!! Can we just be US for a change! Can we stop with d bul@sh@t.... Please. .. I'm sorry for Olga, she sat listening 2 pure crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

f*** you rachel duff

:pac::pac:hear hear, from me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

syklops wrote: »
    She was in Clontarf. 20k there is like getting 4 numbers in the lotto to the likes of you and me.

she'll prob just ger hair done with that:D

GARGIRL wrote: »

You can say that again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Harry, what film have you got for us this evening?

Advertisement