Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Starring Tom Cruise!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lapin wrote: »
    You sound like you just had a death sentence commuted.

Are you usually forced to watch it against your will ?

Unfortunately yes.
    Once i was chained to a chair and my eyelids were burnt off. That was like being in a field of marshmallows compared to hearing Tom Cruise speak.

Let alone hearing his lies. How does someone who lives in a land of make believe, lie so much.
    Why?
    He doesn't need to, his life is pretty good from where i'm sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

The worst LLS Ever and Jesus there have been some bad ones

Dated, facile, boring, twee ****e

750k a year for that clown.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It really really should be renamed "the Irish roots and misery show" and that is no exaggeration, it's actually the most accurate name it could possibly have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not purposely trying to put our national broadcaster down, but you only have to look at the whole stage/audience set-up to see how boring it all is.

Compare it to Graham Norton/Jonathan Ross--they know how to interact with the audience and there's always a good atmosphere in the studio which rubs off on the guests, making an entertaining show.

The audience in the Late Late are too busy being "scarla" for themselves when they notice themselves on the camera and most of them are old codgers with faces of stone.

In comparison, the Late Late looks tired, dull and snoresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

D1stant wrote: »

750k a year for that clown.....:mad:

Not for much longer. Poor sod has been cut back to a paltry 500k :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Skid X wrote: »
    My contact never lets me down, he says an each way bet on Cappa Bleu is the way to go, jos ;)
    Thanks Skid, had a fiver each way on Cappa Bleu. Cheers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Try a few quid each way on Cappa Bleu.
    Thanks a million Harry, you gave us a decent tip there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

jos28 wrote: »
    Thanks Skid, had a fiver each way on Cappa Bleu. Cheers !!

No worries jos, but It's Harry Angstrom you should be thanking!

Try a few quid each way on Cappa Bleu Skid.

Nice one, Harry :) Maybe you should start doing a weekly Racing tip, as well as your Movie selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Teaforthree on the nose........:(.......

Why, oh, why do I do that???????......

Had a good laugh reading the thread though!.........That red "Minnie Mouse" bow was ridiculous on the head of one of the Bewitched Grannies........(the stripper one is lovely looking though!),

Tom was a bit tame, no hard questions as expected, poor old Olga, she needs a good feed of steak and spuds.

As usual, the thread was funnier than the show. Showing the audience in edited clips for a pre-recorded show is the lamest thing I've ever seen. What's new?......

Teaforthree on the nose........:(.......

Why, oh, why do I do that???????......
    I took Harry's tip and I decided to place a last minute E/W bet on Tea for Three :) (sorry GSW :()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I took Harry's tip and I decided to place a last minute E/W bet on Tea for Three :) (sorry GSW :()

Story of my life MrsD!........

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry GSW :( ^^^^

I'm just watching Tom Cruise on Graham Norton and it is a far better interview. For anyone who wants to see it, it will shown on TV3 tonight at 11:20. I'm a little disappointed in Tom though :(

Tom - You could have worn a suit when you were accepting your 'Certificate of Irishness' from Minister for Foreign Affairs, Eamon Gilmore.

tom-cruise.jpg

It looks like he was saving his good suit for the Graham Norton show :(

11590--oblivion-star-tom-cruise-couldn-t-0x375-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

tom-cruise.jpg

That's Tom Cruise presenting Eamonn Gilmore with an Actor's Guild Award for his performance before the election in "Frankfurt's Way Or Labour's Way".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm not purposely trying to put our national broadcaster down, but you only have to look at the whole stage/audience set-up to see how boring it all is.

Compare it to Graham Norton/Jonathan Ross--they know how to interact with the audience and there's always a good atmosphere in the studio which rubs off on the guests, making an entertaining show.

The audience in the Late Late are too busy being "scarla" for themselves when they notice themselves on the camera and most of them are old codgers with faces of stone.

In comparison, the Late Late looks tired, dull and snoresome.

I agree, I mean whenever they have any pop acts on for example the whole audience just sits there and looks at them. People on the Norton show actually sing and clap along to it too. The audience always seem very dry on the LLS.

That's Tom Cruise presenting Eamonn Gilmore with an Actor's Guild Award for his performance before the election in "Frankfurt's Way Or Labour's Way" in 'Gilmore for Taoiseach'.

Fixed ^^^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Sorry GSW :( ^^^^

I'm just watching Tom Cruise on Graham Norton and it is a far better interview. For anyone who wants to see it, it will shown on TV3 tonight at 11:20. I'm a little disappointed in Tom though :(

did Norton ask him about his Scientology de-programming?

Hitchens wrote: »
    did Norton ask him about his Scientology de-programming?
    Not a chance, I reckon it's probably a pre-condition of every interview Cruise gives that he won't discuss his religious beliefs. Airing his views in the past has gotten him into trouble.

He ended up having to apologise to Brooke Shields after he had a go at her for taking anti-depressants to treat her post-natal depression. Apparently Scientologists disagree with the use of anti-depressant medication.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4622357.stm

http://www.hollywood.com/news/brief/2440860/tom-cruise-slams-brooke-shields-drug-use?page=all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Not a chance, I reckon it's probably a pre-condition of every interview Cruise gives that he won't discuss his religious beliefs.

Tom will hardly agree to be interviewed by this lad so :D

BBCb.jpg

I'm just watching Tom Cruise on Graham Norton and it is a far better interview. For anyone who wants to see it, it will shown on TV3 tonight at 11:20.

Just started on 3e if anyone wants an earlier showing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just started on 3e if anyone wants an earlier showing :)

Watching it for second time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,139 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Just watched the Norton show back on the iPlayer...a much, MUCH better interview - only one movie clip shown, more time for Tommy O to tell anecdotes (the one about the motorcycle). As a poster today pointed out, Norton's studio audience helped - more illuminated. No awkward fumbling or nervousness from the host. The chemistry flowed well between Norton and guests.

I got to thinking though, when Tom, Olga and Gerard played that hoop-around-the-wire game. Had they played that game on the LLS, we would all be complaining 'enough of this stoopidity'!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

No worries jos, but It's Harry Angstrom you should be thanking!

Nice one, Harry :) Maybe you should start doing a weekly Racing tip, as well as your Movie selection!

Will do !

Just watched the Norton show back on the iPlayer...a much, MUCH better interview - only one movie clip shown, more time for Tommy O to tell anecdotes (the one about the motorcycle). As a poster today pointed out, Norton's studio audience helped - more illuminated. No awkward fumbling or nervousness from the host. The chemistry flowed well between Norton and guests.

It takes a particularly deficient host to turn a Cruise interview into such a SNORE! But no better man than our Tubs! Not saying that Cruise is gold guest material or anything. But lets face it, he's shallow enough....and bonkers enough;) to get a few genuine laughs at least. Instead Tubs just kisses ass for 30 minutes. How lame!

It was pretty depressing a few weeks back when so many of us said Kenny's temporary return to the LLS was a reminder of the good old days!

Well this is stooping really low ....but I remember a time when Friday night on RTE really was (ahem) Great:p

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Well this is stooping really low ....but I remember a time when Friday night on RTE really was (ahem) Great:p

That video was uploaded on February 20th 2013. How in the name of bejaysus has it had 102,048 views in six weeks? Is there an army of Simon Casey fans trawling Youtube every day for his videos? :confused::eek: Or (more likely) is there some creative Youtube viewcount fiddling going on?

Probably all part of Mr. Coulter's plans for global domination.
    Note how he says in the clip..."what better way to end the show than to play my new sporting anthem" (or words to that effect). Not a man renowned for his modesty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Zeek12 wrote: »
    It takes a particularly deficient host to turn a Cruise interview into such a SNORE! But no better man than our Tubs! Not saying that Cruise is gold guest material or anything. But lets face it, he's shallow enough....and bonkers enough;) to get a few genuine laughs at least. Instead Tubs just kisses ass for 30 minutes. How lame!

It was pretty depressing a few weeks back when so many of us said Kenny's temporary return to the LLS was a reminder of the good old days!

Is begrudgery the number one Irish past-time?

I suspect that Ryan Tubridy goes down on his knees every night, bows his head and says a little prayer for you guys: “f*** the begrudgers”.

Pat Kenny had his chance and went on his merry way and tbh he is about as entertaining as Enda Kenny after being reminded of an election promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

That video was uploaded on February 20th 2013. How in the name of bejaysus has it had 102,048 views in six weeks? Is there an army of Simon Casey fans trawling Youtube every day for his videos? :confused::eek: Or (more likely) is there some creative Youtube viewcount fiddling going on?

For that amount of views you would think that there would be more than 1 comment and 4 likes.:confused:

solas111 wrote: »
    Is begrudgery the number one Irish past-time?
    Yes. Have you only copped onto that now?:)
    solas111 wrote: »
    I suspect that Ryan Tubridy goes down on his knees every night, bows his head and says a little prayer for you guys: “f*** the begrudgers”.

Well it would be a relief just not to see him on his knees fawning over some celebrity for a change!

I'm just watching Tom Cruise on Graham Norton and it is a far better interview. For anyone who wants to see it, it will shown on TV3 tonight at 11:20.

The surprise 50th birthday thing for Norton at the start was a nice touch.
    Got me thinking though. I think Tubridy mentioned on a recent show that he's turning 40 soon. I wonder if his team have got something similar planned?

Perhaps Twink (Oops dirty word!) slurring/panting "Happy Birthday", just like Marilyn to JFK, would do the trick:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

where did they get the audience for the Cruise interview??

from what i gather it was an impromptu interview was it not?? so how the heck did they manage to fill the studio so quickly??

Advertisement