Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart Chat prepay €9.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Typhoon. wrote: »
    does it have to be the vodafone store or can it be gotten from carphone warehouse?

It's only for a Vodafone store that the voucher can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

Does anybody know what phone stilorgan have been offering ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoh70

spannerism wrote: »
    Vodafone Store Dundrum are offering samsung galaxy y. I took them up on this offer. They didn't ask me to top up...so all that I paid was 9.99.

I've given the phone to a family member. I've unlocked it and it's all going well.

If you want to unlock it, you can follow the instructions here ->
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2026094

It took about 5 mins.

It's a nice little phone.

Hey spannerism did you have any problem unlocking the phone. I picked up one of the Samsungs too but cannot log in to my gmail account for some reason it tells me that it "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Any idea why this is? I have wifi turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

eoh70 wrote: »
    Hey spannerism did you have any problem unlocking the phone. I picked up one of the Samsungs too but cannot log in to my gmail account for some reason it tells me that it "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Any idea why this is? I have wifi turned on.

Go to network connections,you need to enter the password for your wifi there in order for the phone to connect to it,just like your laptop/pc.

zerks wrote: »
    Go to network connections,you need to enter the password for your wifi there in order for the phone to connect to it,just like your laptop/pc.

I am connected to wifi, i have internet access just cant log in to gmail account it just tells me that it cant connect to google servers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Does any one know If you buy a sim in vodafone and get this offer? I don't have a PAYG sim to switch over. Or is there any cheap ones i could get in any store to switch over (the cheaper, the better). I don't want to wait for one to be sent out, smashed my phone the wkend and need one soon as.. Just want this phone as a spare really till i decide on what phone to go for. Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

I am connected to wifi, i have internet access just cant log in to gmail account it just tells me that it cant connect to google servers!!

maybe try to allow cookies within the phone setting.

I know I cannot log into gmail via safari unless i allow cookies

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Does any one know If you buy a sim in vodafone and get this offer? I don't have a PAYG sim to switch over. Or is there any cheap ones i could get in any store to switch over (the cheaper, the better). I don't want to wait for one to be sent out, smashed my phone the wkend and need one soon as.. Just want this phone as a spare really till i decide on what phone to go for. Cheers..

see a few post back in this thread from me regarding obtaining Tesco sim for free.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

You can try getting 1 in O2, Meteor or 3 shops not sure if they are free, Tesco had vouchers for free sims at the checkouts. You can use that tesco number to switch over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

nava wrote: »
    You can try getting 1 in O2, Meteor or 3 shops not sure if they are free, Tesco had vouchers for free sims at the checkouts. You can use that tesco number to switch over.

+1, I used an old 02 sim that I had left over from a previous offer.

Staff will ask you for the number you want to use to switch to Vodafone.

As an aside,many VF stores have half price offers on hands free speaker kits instore,had my car not got Bluetooth built I'd have been interested in one.They had a nice tidy unit for €49.99.

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »
    maybe try to allow cookies within the phone setting.

I know I cannot log into gmail via safari unless i allow cookies

Cheers lau1247 i actually managed to log in, just now i'm stuck on downloading the galaxy tools app:confused:. Fit to throw it out the window at this stage!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Cheers lau1247 i actually managed to log in, just now i'm stuck on downloading the galaxy tools app:confused:. Fit to throw it out the window at this stage!!!!

Are you downloading the files from the phone to the card or on the pc and after move to the memory card on the phone? I did it by downloading them on the pc after move to memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

madmoe wrote: »
    Good to know! So...right now or up to today most people are being offered the Huwaei Ascend G300, correct?

Thanks,
    M

Think I binned one of these vouchers, green bin collected this morning, and my G300 packs in this afternoon!!!

nava wrote: »
    Are you downloading the files from the phone to the card or on the pc and after move to the memory card on the phone? I did it by downloading them on the pc after move to memory card.

Downloading from pc. When I look at my account it says that it has been installed but I can't find the app anywhere on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Picked up a Galaxy Y this afternoon in Blanchardstown. Had to buy the €20 credit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Yip, got the galaxy y as well today. They wouldn't give me a Vodafone sim so i got one in Tesco for 2.50 and changed it. But because it was a tesco sim, i had to top up 20. really wanted the G300 though. This will keep me going for a few days. Its shockin to go from a high end phone to this. The keypad is a nightmare! Grand for a tenner tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

Would really appreciate it if someone can send me their voucher or a copy of it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Next in line for a spare code please.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Picked up a Samsung Galaxy Y earlier today for 9.99. Fantastic Bargain - many thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone get one recently in voda blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

eamonnq wrote: »
    Think I binned one of these vouchers, green bin collected this morning, and my G300 packs in this afternoon!!!

Bummer :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Voucher hunter here please....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I picked up one today in Wilton in Cork.

Unlocking will be a problem.

Is the wi-fi ok on the phone?

Cork wrote: »
    I picked up one today in Wilton in Cork.

Unlocking will be a problem.

Is the wi-fi ok on the phone?

Seems to be ok. Unlocking shouldnt be a problem if you follow the link above. It took me a while but that was because for some reason my gmail account was playing up. Once that got sorted it was done it a couple minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Another poster looking for a code if anybody has one to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

If anyone has a spar vouchr I would greatly appreciate it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

iDann wrote: »
    If anyone has a spar vouchr I would greatly appreciate it :D

It's tesco vouchers you're looking for! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 honeybea

Its Dunnes voucher ....not Tesco....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

honeybea wrote: »
    Its Dunnes voucher ....not Tesco....

Ya missed.............................the joke............:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just picked up the Galaxy Y this afternoon in Vodafone Pavillions Swords. No need to top up by €20 so just paid the €9.99 :)

Advertisement