Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart Chat prepay €9.99

Options
  • 28-03-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

The missus got her Dunnes Value Club mailing & it contained a voucher for a Vodafone Smart Chat phone for €9.99 to be picked up at any Vodafone Store.Offer available until end of April but stock seems to be hard to come by.

It's no SIII but for a tenner,you can't go wrong.

T&C's seem to state that you need to switch to avail of the offer but we all know the tricks to do that;)

Here's the phone:

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/vodafone-smart-chat

Vodafone_SmartChat_Black_large.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Handy for a spare..

.. will keep an eye on my Dunnes vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

zerks wrote: »
    The missus got her Dunnes Value Club mailing & it contained a voucher for a Vodafone Smart Chat phone for €9.99 to be picked up at any Vodafone Store.Offer available until end of April but stock seems to be hard to come by.

It's no SIII but for a tenner,you can't go wrong.

T&C's seem to state that you need to switch to avail of the offer but we all know the tricks to do that;)

Here's the phone:

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/vodafone-smart-chat

Vodafone_SmartChat_Black_large.jpg

Would do as a great companion phone to me Galaxy Note II!!

Anyone know if they are easy to unlock!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Could someone scan the voucher and upload it here?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Anyone have a spare voucher? I do not have a Dunnes Value card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oracle wrote: »
    Could someone scan the voucher and upload it here?

Each one has a unique bar code so I reckon copies won't be accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Each one has a unique bar code so I reckon copies won't be accepted.
    Yeah, let's leave scans off here please.

Boards.ie got grief from a previous coupon being scanned.

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, let's leave scans off here please.

Boards.ie got grief from a previous coupon being scanned.

OK no scans on here then .... can someone PM me the coupon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'd like a coupon as well if somebody is not using it.......

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

If any more available would really appreciate 1 as well.. friend coming from US for a month and I have to sort a phone for her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Would also like a code if someone could PM me it... Been a while since I have had a phone :P

• Advertisement

Would also like a code if someone could PM me it... Been a while since I have had a phone :P

They are not codes,there's a coupon amongst the Dunnes Value Club vouchers,I reckon folks will need the original coupon as it is printed on glossy paper to pick up a phone.

Best to ask friends or family who shop in Dunnes if they have one.

My local VF Shop is out of stock already,hope this doesn't turn into one of the Carphone Warehouse deals where half a dozen people manage to get a cheap phone & then stock magically disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

I'm told by all my local Vodafone shops that theyre out of stock and theyre supplying the Vodafone Smart 2 instead. Is it as good?

U2Flyboy wrote: »
    I'm told by all my local Vodafone shops that theyre out of stock and theyre supplying the Vodafone Smart 2 instead. Is it as good?

I think it's better, its a full touch screen smartphone without the keypad: http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/vodafone-smart-2-black

I think it's better, its a full touch screen smartphone without the keypad: http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/vodafone-smart-2-black

I'm using the original VF Smart & it's a pain,reviews of the new one seem to be much better.

It'll keep me going 'til I get a G4 from China.

I'm using the original VF Smart & it's a pain,reviews of the new one seem to be much better .....

.... but you're posting it here so the rest of us can experience the pain? :D

.... but you're posting it here so the rest of us can experience the pain? :D

No,the one I have is the old VF Smart,they don't even sell it anymore I think.Perhaps I was spoiled by my N8 which is like a Ferrari compared to it.

It looks a bit like the 2nd one that's linked to & has no keyboard,the newer versions have better memory & chipsets.

No,the one I have is the old VF Smart,they don't even sell it anymore I think.Perhaps I was spoiled by my N8 which is like a Ferrari compared to it.

It looks a bit like the 2nd one that's linked to & has no keyboard,the newer versions have better memory & chipsets.

Yeah thanks just kidding, to be fair, they both look good. Although the Smart 2 for €10 seems a great deal.
    I found t&c's here: http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/comp/#DunnesStores

MAORISH wrote: »
    As of today you have to also buy 20e vodafone credit to get this phone ......

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

are people availing of this offer yet, i have coupon here but it say valid between 1st april to 30april, mite pop into vf store tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Got the dunnes vouchers myself yesterday. See it here now. Hmmm as the op says it's "when you switch" .. So in a round about way of asking, if one was to use an old meteor sim, or simply buy a new one. They could avail? ;)

or does "switch" simply mean "become a vodafone customer"

• Advertisement

MAORISH wrote: »
    I have no link - I just phone my nearest vodafone shop to check availability and thats what I was told as staff just got an email . Apparently the deal was so popular that vodafone instructed this to be done today ?

The store told me that customers will have to complain to vodafone if not happy as this is not in the original t&c's but store staff have to comply with this email and you have to buy 20e credit.

This doesn’t surprise me from Vodafone. The offer hasn't even officially started and they're already price gouging .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Local vodafone told me same today told her the phone was used for a child and would not dream of putting €20 into it. She tried to tell me that to activate the phone you have to put €20 into it with sim ported over or the phone would not work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I ported over an old SIM to avail of the offer. They ran out of the Smart Chat so I got a Smart II instead.

I heard nothing in the shop about the €20 credit requirement, not that I'll be using the Vodafone SIM in it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Just got it, they would not let me get it without the 20e credit, even though the terms on their website state nothing about it!

Got it anyway, have a friend PAYG vodafone who will buy the credit from me so no harm done

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Went into a vodafone store to get the €9.99 phone & was told that the offer had changed because they ran out of stock. The offer is now some other vodafone phone (sorry can't remember the name of it) thats half price making the offer €59.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Goodne wrote: »
    Went into a vodafone store to get the €9.99 phone & was told that the offer had changed because they ran out of stock. The offer is now some other vodafone phone (sorry can't remember the name of it) thats half price making the offer €59.99!

Smells like Voda alright. As with the €20 demand to avail of the offer its the usual bait & switch employed by the company to get those unaware of their rights into the store for a wallet stripping (as it was when I worked for them).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GF went in today and got the smart 2 as they had no stock left of the other phone. It's a grand little phone for her, nice size screen seems nippy enough, camera is crap though. But sher for a tenner you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Went back in today to get the phone its a smart 2 Glam pack. Different girl on today and no mention of the €20 credit so got phone for €9.99 :) Say it was just the manager yesterday wanting her credit sales up. Got it for my daughter she had the first Smart one and this is a much nicer phone nothing wrong with it for a tenner !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

what stores are people getting these in without having to pay for credit?

also are you asked to port a number over to avail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

brightkane wrote: »
    what stores are people getting these in without having to pay for credit?

also are you asked to port a number over to avail?

Yes, you're asked to port over as part of the deal. I ported over an old, but still active O2 SIM. I got mine without credit in Harbour Place SC, Mullingar.

Advertisement