Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart Chat prepay €9.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The way to turn off predictive text on most phones is to press the # key.

- goto to create a text message.
    - instead of typing anything. press (and hold) the # key. It should switch the predictive text off. Some phones display what is currently selected in the top corner when making a text. Ie, "t9 abc" is predictive on & it'll just be "ABC" when its off.

Brilliant thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Re unlock. The Polish guy in Ballina, Phone Hospital John St., can unlock these for €15. Or he did two for €25 for me one of each type, Smart Chat and Smart 2. If you prefer you can top up Vodafone by E120 and request an unlock code or you may be entitled to it already if topped up by that amount in past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Went into my local vodafone shop today. They said they were out of stock and not getting any more. They even said they were out of stock of the other phone they were offering people in replace of this.

They offered another deal. €60 euro for a phone thats usually €120. I passed.

I dunno. I'm starting to think this is a dud promotion. That they only had a very small amount of these phones, but yet placed the promotion in a very popular medium (alot of people get Dunnes vouchers) just to rope you in. Yeah, you can say they are still offering you a 'bargain' - although I suspect what exact phone and how much of a bargain differs from store to store.

I am chalking this up to "marketing ploy" at the moment.

At least the store offered you €60 off the price of another phone,a lot of people would have been delighted to get a G300 for €59.99,I'd have gone for that deal myself as some people were hit with the €20 top up fee on top of the advertised €9.99 which brought the cost to €29.99, so if you do the math & they were offering you the G300 without needing a top up then it'd really only cost you €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I rang blanch today and they are also offering the 120 phone for 60.
    anyone know of a store in Dublin with original offer stock left.

wanted it as a backup phone and don't want to spend 60 on it

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys the G300 is a great phone for €60. I bought one for my Mam recently and am really impressed. And I paid nearly €100 for it!

Unlock codes can be bought off ebay for a about €5 euro.

Unlock the phone while it is on the stock rom.

Then if you feel up to it install a custom rom - I installed this one and it seems to be rock solid.

• Advertisement

Just back from my local VF store,delivery of phones arrived but none linked to this promo.No mention of a possible discount off a G300 that others posting here have been offered.

Rang another store & they are expecting a batch on Friday & took my details,they'll contact me when more are in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoh70

Where is that store zerks? I have rang a few stores and they all say they are offering the G300 instead as they won't be getting any more of the original offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

vodafone waterford have the smart 2 in stock.... only offering the g300 if they're all gone

eoh70 wrote: »
    Where is that store zerks? I have rang a few stores and they all say they are offering the G300 instead as they won't be getting any more of the original offer.

Wexford, tbh I'd prefer the G300 & wouldn't mind spending an extra few quid on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoh70

Oh ok thanks, too far away for me I'm afraid so will have to do without.:( Not really interested in the G300 as its a first phone for a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone get this without the voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have a voucher on the way from Limerick and it will be with me early next week. Does one need to have the green Dunnes Value Club card in order to get the phone? Also, when is the offer over?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

madmoe wrote: »
    Does one need to have the green Dunnes Value Club card in order to get the phone?

They didn't ask when I got mine, I assume not required.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    They didn't ask when I got mine, I assume not required.

Cheers mate! Hope to get my fingers on some sort of phone early next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Nope never asked me for a clubcard either

deisediva wrote: »
    Nope never asked me for a clubcard either

Good to know! So...right now or up to today most people are being offered the Huwaei Ascend G300, correct?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Bare in mind guys that this is the phone they offer for a certain amount of cherry points. I was in a vodafone shop two weeks ago and in the space of being in the queue, three people availed of the phone using their cherry points. Hoping to avail of this offer tomorrow myself considering my phone just died.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Vodafone Store Dundrum are offering samsung galaxy y. I took them up on this offer. They didn't ask me to top up...so all that I paid was 9.99.

I've given the phone to a family member. I've unlocked it and it's all going well.

If you want to unlock it, you can follow the instructions here ->
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2026094

It took about 5 mins.

It's a nice little phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

Got the G300 on Thursday in Blanch. The Vodafone Sim had 10e on it as well!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

spannerism wrote: »
    Vodafone Store Dundrum are offering samsung galaxy y. I took them up on this offer. They didn't ask me to top up...so all that I paid was 9.99.

I've given the phone to a family member. I've unlocked it and it's all going well.

If you want to unlock it, you can follow the instructions here ->
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2026094

It took about 5 mins.

It's a nice little phone.

Hi

do you know with that process if you update the software after will it lock again or is the Simlock permanent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Vodafone in Galway (Corbett Court Centre) were doing the Samsung Galaxy Y today for €9.99 and no need to buy credit.

And it comes with a 2GB micro SD card and adaptor.

They was a Choice of colours, but someone bought the last pink one.

Last week they were doing the G300 for €59.99

Vodafone in Galway (Corbett Court Centre) were doing the Samsung Galaxy Y today for €9.99 and no need to buy credit.

Picked up one in Wexford yesterday,no mention of needing to buy credit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

They was a Choice of colours, but someone bought the last pink one.

Last week they were doing the G300 for €59.99

Was this with the Dunnes voucher or just for general sale?
    Didn't get anything from Dunnes and could do with a new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

nava wrote: »
    Hi

do you know with that process if you update the software after will it lock again or is the Simlock permanent?

Simlock is usually permanent. All you need to know is here:http://www.modaco.com/forum/650-huawei-ascend-g300-g300modacocom/

Only wrote: »
    Was this with the Dunnes voucher or just for general sale?
    Didn't get anything from Dunnes and could do with a new phone

Offer with Dunnes voucher only,canvass your friends & family that shop in Dunnes,somebody might have one they won't use,especially older folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

zerks wrote: »
    Offer with Dunnes voucher only,canvass your friends & family that shop in Dunnes,somebody might have one they won't use,especially older folk.

Ah thanks, will ask MIL but I'd say she will have binned anything she has no interest in:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jl.1

Would love to pick up one of these, if anyone has a spare could they pm me, thanks

The mother picked up a Samsung Galaxy Y today,one store which is an independent franchise had none,excuse was that a VF rep collected the stock yesterday:rolleyes: They "should have more" was what we were told.

Walked into the other VF store up the street & was handed one straight away.

I'm looking for a voucher as well.....anyone feeling generous? My supposed voucher from Limerick fell through :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

does it have to be the vodafone store or can it be gotten from carphone warehouse?

Advertisement